Wahoo!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Limbofunk, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Limbofunk

Limbofunk Member

Thanks to everyone's efforts to re-allow new members to join; on my end it is greatly appreciated! I've been collecting video games for about 18 years now--mainly Nintendo--but have fallen head over heels for the Vita over the past 3 years or so. I mainly enjoy playing visual novels, and what a system the Vita is for that! I don't allocate myself much time online, but I can tell just by lurking around here the past few months that this is a great community to discuss all things Vita.

McFungos, shirokuro, warwolf and 6 others like this.
  2. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Thanks for joining and it's great to finally have you with us!

3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Howdy! Good to have new members. Hope you enjoy your stay!

4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Lounge. :)

5. Limbofunk

Limbofunk Member

Thanks folks! I haven't added anything Vita-collection-wise to my website, but my main focus used to be on Nintendo Authorized Service Center items, promotional pamphlets, internal paperwork and Plants Vs Zombies promotional items. www.limbofunk.com if you're bored and would like to take a look!

I'm going for a full NTSC Vita set (though I only tend to get the collector editions of the franchises that I like the most), but I've always collected oddball items other than just games for what I've been interested in as well.

DojoDan and Terramax like this.
  6. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Welcome to this amazing community!

7. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Took a look at your website. What a strange thing to collect! Not in a bad way or anything. I've always been intrigued by the weird collections some gamers have. My favourite was someone collecting all the peripherals for the Sega Saturn, crappy 3rd party controllers, arcade sticks, ever modal of Saturn, etc. They had very few games, but a whole room dedicated to all kinds of crappy arcade steering wheels, etc! It's certainly more entertaining than looking at library photos of people going for full sets of games all the time.

I like the effort you put into the interviews too. I fairly recently did an interview for a video game that I hold dear to my heart, and it's always fascinating when you stumble upon little tidbits of information about something you love.

8. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Welcome new member! :)

9. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Probably a good idea if you didn't have new members.

Unless you can read Chinese.

10. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Just FYI, no Vita games are NTSC or PAL. Vita games tend to use Region 1/2/3/All designations. The reason why NTSC or PAL does not apply to the Vita, is that NTSC and PAL designate what type of screen a device is compatible with. The Vita however has it's own progressive-scan style screen and no form of tv-output so the NTSC and PAL designations would never apply to it's games. Even PS4 games are not NTSC or PAL because they require at a minimum- a 720P screen which isn't going to be built to either the NTSC or PAL standard.