Want a new Vita - what to go for?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by _:_PuppyShark_:_, Sep 29, 2015.

1. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    My current Vita has two broken analogue sticks and was second-hand when I got it.

My maximum spend is £150.

• Can you get OLED Vitas in colours other than black (excluding cases)?
    • Are there any particular games that any of you have found look better with OLED (or better with LCD)?
    • Are the Japan-import ones region-locked?
    • For those of you with experience of PSV Slim and PSV Fat: What's been different? Which have you preferred and why?
    • I'd like a new one [ideally OLED as I'm a it precious] if I can, but am more than happy to go for a second-hand one

Enabled 1GB storage space, USB instead of proprietary charger and lower weight all make the Slim seem like a better choice, but nothing beats asking owners.

I already own the box itself and the AR cards and am planning on selling on any extras that I don't personally want.

I'll show you a list of the ones I'm after for the moment, if that'll help [Listings, of course, may have ended by the time you read this]:
    Amazon has almost all the colours I've seen for less than £150

SONY likes this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

1. Can you get OLED Vitas in colours other than black (excluding cases)?
    Yes, White (not really a colour lol) and there's the many various editions of Vitas. 99% of them are in Japan and Asia.

2. Are there any particular games that any of you have found look better with OLED (or better with LCD)?
    No, but most games with a lot of colourful backgrounds, etc tend to pop out more and are more eye catching.

3. Are the Japan-import ones region-locked?
    No, but DLC would be.

4. For those of you with experience of PSV Slim and PSV Fat: What's been different? Which have you preferred and why?
    I would get teh LCD one, because I always go for the newer variants of consoles...that and the fact that it can be charged via microUSB, which is very convenient.
    But reading your opening post...it seems you've already made up your mind and you're leaning mostly towards a PS Vita OLED model.
    By the way, I've used 5 Vitas, all OLED models for 5 hours a day on rotational play and never experienced any burn-ins in any of them, which some people are worried about. Nothing bad will happen, I guarantee it!

_:_PuppyShark_:_ likes this.
  3. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

What burn ins?

4. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

5. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

Have mine since launch and never had a problem but one things funny, in the lower middle screen i have 3 black small areas (dead pixels) but they can only be seen on black screens (loading screens for exemple) everything else they work lol

SONY likes this.
  6. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Oh the black screen spots thing are normal for most OLED screens.

_:_PuppyShark_:_ and Miguel like this.
  7. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...the "good" thing is, you only recognize these black spots when you´re playing in a pitch black environment!!!...It took me a while to recognize them on my Vita!!!

_:_PuppyShark_:_ likes this.
  8. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...but the OLED-Model is so much better than the LCD-Model!!!...if you´re on the verge of getting a Vita, the OLED-Model is the one you are looking for!!!...try Ebay