Website Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by Stryfe, May 26, 2015.

1. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought there was a thread for this already but I can't seem to find it. If there is one, could one of the admins/mods merge this post into that thread? Or point me in the right direction and I'll be happy to do a copy and paste job. :)

One of the things I find a bit frustrating about the website is browsing reviews. I'm guessing the website runs Wordpress in the backend, hence why it's split by year, but I think the review section needs an overhaul. I'd like to be able to browse reviews by (in order of preference):
    • Title (alphabetically)
    • Genre
    • Score
    • Release date
    • Author
    A simple list view with the columns being order-able would be perfect. I know it sounds simple, but probably not simple to implement. :p There must be some Wordpress plugins out there that allow this sort of functionality though.

2. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

(Sorry for the double post)

Was this considered Murphy ?

3. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Sorry Stryfe, I did mean to rely to this and thought I had! I am looking into it, or at least offering an A-Z page or something. It's difficult because naturally the theme doesn't do it, and there are over 300 reviews there. We sectioned them off before to help with sorting by year but there must be a better solution. :)

Stryfe likes this.
  4. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

No worries. :)

Maybe there are other solutions like plugins for Wordpress? Just a suggestion, especially since a lot of websites use Wordpress for all sorts of different purposes so I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't a plugin at this point!

I look forward to whatever solution you guys come up with. :)

5. ADL

ADL Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have some sort of switch between "all games" / ""Physical only" / "PSN Only" on the website ? I find it unfornate that, for exemple, at the bottom of the page, 5 PSN only games (minus 1 since its fresh LRG release) are the 5 firsts 2016 Best Vita Games, and 5 out of six games are digital and the last reviewed games.

I focus my resources on the physical only vita games (I'm not the only one), and I know that also some people focus theirs on the digital only, so...

Or at least, put a strong visual effect (on the pic or after/before the title of the game ?) to distinguish physical from digital games ? ;)

Murphy, SunnyWindy and DojoDan like this.
  6. YearOfTheGus

YearOfTheGus New Member

Would it be possible to get an RSS feed for the site news?

7. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    All Wordpress sites have RSS feeds at URL/feed/

ie; ours is at http://thevitalounge.net/feed/

8. YearOfTheGus

YearOfTheGus New Member

Oh, that works, thanks.