What a great games for on the road?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Dee0342, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

What are great games for being on the road on the Vita. I love JRPGs but they are not practical with all the trainhopping that I do daily when they are story-heavy ( I had a great time with Final Fantasy II on the road, because it wasn't story heavy for example ). So i'm looking for a game that is easy to pick and play, any recommendations? Any genre will do outside from sport/racing.

2. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

The rayman games are a good fit. Or any platformer for that matter

Shame you're not interested in sports, i'm currently playing everybodys golf which is really addictive. A great pick up and play title

Dee0342 likes this.
  3. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Try Persona 4 Golden. it should work well.

Dee0342 likes this.
  4. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere are not story-heavy (indeed, the story is pretty simple), but they are great games, well, of course, vanillaware :D

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Dee0342 likes this.
  5. Dee0342

Might look into it, there are always exception to the rule after all :) I did enjoy games like Mario Kart, Sonic allstars racing, Mario Golf and Virtua Tennis for example.

I don't know how much it differs from the PS2 version, but I don't think that the PS2 version works for 20 minute sessions before having to switch trains. Great game though, I already own it and do plan to play it while being at home. It has been years since I completed the PS2 version.

I'm currently playing Muramasa, I already played it on the Wii so I knew it was a good game for on the road. For me it is just the right combination between style and substance although it can be a bit repetitive at times. I didn't really like Odin Sphere when I played it at the time. Too repetitive for my taste. I have no experience with Dragon's Crown but I know that is a beat em up style game that can be played with several players at the same time, so is it any good on your own?

6. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

Well, you can try to play Muramasa in the hardcore difficulty (Fury). In that difficulty, one hit is KO, so you have to try to memorize the way the enemy attack. I really REALLY enjoyed playing the game in fury. You know, when I defeated the final cave in the game I was excited.

Odin Sphere is a great game like Muramasa, you should try it again, the game is awesome and the story-artwork is amazing. If you played the PS2 version, you can try the game in the remaster quality which is a lot better than the ps2 version (of course, lol).

Dragon's Crown is more "adult", I mean, the art of the characters/ enemies art not like anime. The story of the game is not so good and maybe it could be repetitive, but if you play the game with a partner, it's very funny. The true final boss of the game is really hard. I defeated that boss with a partner, was an amazing battle. Dragon's Crown also let you play a lot of characters. My main character was the Sorceress (I like magic stuffs), but if you want the platinum trophy, you have to beat the game with every character.

If you want to try a different game, maybe you can play the Zero Escape, Steins;Gate and Danganronpa series.

7. Dee0342

I was planning on picking up Zero escape and Danganronpa at some point. They should work as well, yes :) ( I already own both Steins Gate games on console )

Manjoume likes this.
  8. VitaVision

VitaVision Member

Stealth will keep you occupied for a long time. The LRG version comes with the expansions and all together is a good long and fun challenge!

9. The_stats_guy

I didn't find the main game very long - but definitely an excellent puzzle platformer. Are the extra levels on the DLC long?

10. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Try the racing games, MXGP, MUD, WRC, F1 2011, Moto GP something like that.

Usually in career mode you can do a race of the championship in say 15 minutes then put it down, then sort of build up a career in 15 minute intervals one race at a time to complete a championship and your ultimate career.

Great dippers are the racing games.

Note: How you said outside of racing, I didn't read the OP in its entirety, how well.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  11. VitaVision

VitaVision Member

How long did it take for you to beat? I'd guess that I have 5 hours in and I still have plenty to go. I haven't tried the expansions yet but there are two extra sections that are added. Also, don't forget about the level maker. Plenty of hours to spend on this one.

12. The_stats_guy

I spent about 4 hrs completing all the levels, but i'm not a platinum trophy chaser or anything, so once i complete a level, i move on. From what i remember, there was 1 specific level i had to google after about 30 deaths, and there was one boss near the end that took me like 1/2 hour, but otherwise went quite smoothly.

13. Dee0342

I took your advice to heart and encountered this game not so long after. Picked it up for a very small price too :) [​IMG]

The_stats_guy likes this.
  14. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Pick up and play... maybe try Joe Danger 1 or 2. They are only digital but are great arcady games with short levels and intuitive gameplay. I hope for a physical release through LRG sometimes in the future.:)

15. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I love to play hunting games like Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, God Eater and maybe even Killzone or FIFA.

16. Dee0342

Which of the hunting games is good for singleplayer? I heard that Freedom Wars was a pretty solid hunting title as well, have you played that?

17. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

i might suggest smashing out some old school tetris or lumines or something of that ilk. dancing all night, xsonic. thats sort of stuff

18. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I love Freedom Wars. The story is not that great, but the gameplay ist a lot of fun.

19. Dee0342

I'm looking for Lumines for dirt cheap :D Liked it on the PSP.

I'll see if I can find Freedom Wars for a good price.

20. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

I enjoyed Velocity 2X on some long commutes.

21. mr_chun

mr_chun Member

[​IMG]

Volume is a great pick up game. It's got a large number of stages/puzzles that can be solved in a short amount of time. Really great game.

Also, I stand by Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified as a great pickup game. The game was designed to be played on the go, eschewing a traditional COD single player campaign for one made up of bite-sized stages. The stages are meant to be played repeatedly for high scores. I really enjoy it for that reason, bugs and all.

22. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    ROGUE LEGACY. is my go to for short burst of gaming. It is the perfect RogueLike game in every way and every RogueLige game that has followed it has not even come close to how good this game is.

zodaex likes this.
  23. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Sky Force Anniversary, brilliant Flying Shark style Shoot Em Up, great for when you got a spare 5 mins to burn

24. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Luftrausers!

25. Dee0342

Yes, that is a great choice. I already owned it on PS3 so I could download it on Vita as well.

Playing that golf game right now, it is pretty good for short bursts.