What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

We've got one of these threads for the Vita, so why not PS4 too?

So, now that I've finished Infamous First Light (great game), I'm just about to play Tomb Raider, which someone has kindly loaned me. I haven't played a TR game since Legends on the PSP (which was awful!), but am hoping this has a good Uncharted feel to it :)

The next chunk of DriveClub DLC drops next Wednesday too, so I'll be tearing through that as well.

That'll leave me with Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Transistor and Apotheon to clear before Borderlands: The Handsome Collection arrives on 27th March :D

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  2. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

Mainly Transistor. I'm close to finally finishing it, might do it this weekend.
    Then every now and then a bit of GGXrd and Driveclub, and I updated Resogun this morning and will jump in tonight to check the new modes. Still have a bunch of games to finish (or even start), but those can wait some more.
    Hoping my copy of moustaches get here by tomorrow, but it probably won't ( ._.)

3. strippedpixel

strippedpixel Member

I think you'll enjoy it then, it reminded me more of Uncharted than a standard Tomb Raider.

4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've been mainly playing Dead or Alive 5 Last Round today, its an excellent extended cut of DOA5 that just feels more "fun" than the standard version of DOA5 for some reason. It certainly helps that it has more of everything - characters, arena's, music and a load of different modes to play around in. I'll be playing this one for quite a bit I reckon...

I've also been playing the Japanese demo of Yakuza 0 that was released yesterday and has quickly become a firm favourite of mine. Its technically more of the same so the game focuses on amazing looking cutscenes, interesting stories that delve into the Japanese underworld and awesome fights with flashy looking heat moves. This game adds three completely new styles for the main character Kiryu who is just a lowly thug in the Tojo clan at this stage (its a prequel game, based in 1988). The fighting is more brutal than before, you have one fighting style dedicated to more heavy handed attacks, letting you pick up huge objects like motorbikes and smash them on helpless goons.

It looks, runs and plays really well so far with a few little problems here and there which I hope will be ironed out at launch next month. Hopefully Sony will bring this one across like they are doing with Yakuza 5, as it looks to have a really good story with the gameplay to back it up. Not available in the demo were many of the play areas like the arcade - which is very retro in this game in both appearance and content - you get to play Sega's classics like Space Harrier, Outrun, Fantasy Zone and Super Hang On.

5. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    I'm currently trying to get through Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. But it's really beginning to annoy me. I'm tired of the nemesis system and I could care less at this point which orc replaced another orc as a captain. No matter how many I kill, another one always pops up. No matter how many forts I clear out, they always get repopulated. I feel like I'm running up a sandy hill. For every step I take forward, I fall 3/4 a step back. I've been playing for 20 hours and at this point, I have no idea what's going on any more. If there is a story, it's been so long that I've long forgotten it. All I know is that the characters all deliver really over-performed lines all over the place. But it is fun at times and has moments I really like. It's fun to get an herd of carragors under your control and then raid an orc camp.

Other than that, Disney Infinity 2.0 gets the most play in my house. My daughter loves it (so much so that Minecraft is an afterthought) and I really like it too. It's a good blend of action and creativity. The only downside is how expensive it can get.

6. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Active Member

Destiny, stupid game keeps making me go back on it as soon as I turn it off lol

7. Kyle

Kyle Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I'm playing Resident Evil (already did Jill's campaign, now on Chris'), with a little DriveClub here and there as well.

Also have First Light installed, gotta play that soon.

8. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

Just recently beat the Evil Within and still working slowly on Dragon Age: Inquisition.

9. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

Oh nice, Transistor has a new game+.
    But not today. Time to jump on First Light then, as baka mail officer-san didn't bring my 1886 ;^;

10. brewerfan519

brewerfan519 Member

just finished the plat on far cry 4 over the weekend. now its onto either sleeping dogs definitive edition or saints row 4: gat out of hell...

11. lateralus1082

lateralus1082 Active Member

PSN ID:
    lateralus1082
    God Eater 2 Rage Burst. The game is so good and can't get enough of it :)

12. Flying_Pig

Well, I've blitzed through the 2 new DriveClub tours, and played the first 20 minutes of Tomb Raider. Not much has happened to this point, but so far so good :)

13. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

The Order arrived on monday and I'm exclusively at that.

14. shadowman

The new Tomb Raider game is the only game in the series I ever completed. Its good fun, but it doesn't actually involve that much Tomb Raiding! It is a really solid action game though which is why I enjoyed it so much.

I'm playing The Order 1886 at the moment. I'm really liking it, the shooting is solid, the voice acting is brilliant and I like the slower "walking" parts. Its not an amazing game, but its a good solid game that I don't regret getting for a second. But damn are the guys in this game useless at any stealthy incursions, every recon mission ends in a giant fire fight!

15. brewerfan519

brewerfan519 Member

i enjoyed tomb raider. felt almost like the uncharted series, but with lara leading the way instead of nathan.

16. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Active Member

Still Destiny :O

17. Flying_Pig

Tomb Raider is a bit bloody good, isn't it?! It feels more puzzly and less shooty-shooty than Uncharted, but the gun-play is solid and I love using the bow.

I've just passed the section where you climb the radio tower - no ideal how far in I am - maybe a quarter of the way through? Still, brilliant fun and I can see me exploring the few options tombs I've discovered once I'm done with the main game :)

18. shadowman

Back to playing Resogun. The free update and the new DLC means that I'll be playing this for the next few months/year at least since its that good... The new DLC modes are excellent fun, especially the missile command style commando mode, which is brilliant fun in co-op mode.

I've also got the new COD DLC, I'm pretty damn bad at the game, but I do enjoy playing it quite a bit since I don't care about my stats.

19. mafia97

mafia97 Member

Playing driveclub, shadow of mordor and sometimes wwe 2k 15.

20. PixelKnot

PixelKnot Well-Known Member

Transistor and The Order 1886.

21. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

DriveClub - Finishing the main game's campaign (only 3 championships away).

22. PixelKnot

PixelKnot Well-Known Member

Helldivers. Preparing for some good old couch co-op this weekend.

Oxygen1777 likes this.
  23. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

Finished The Order. Jumped back on Mercenary Kings, and after months away from it... it feels slow. Will probably drop it.

24. gamezalv

gamezalv Well-Known Member

The Order 1886 (finished the game and now going for the plat) and Assassin's Creed Unity.

25. PvtPlatypus

PvtPlatypus Active Member

Playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 right now. Really liking this one, so far it's better than the first Revelations and definitely better than 6. Raid mode is amazing.