What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Uncharted 4 arrives today\o/

Although I don't have my PS4 back yet /o\

But it's being returned on Friday (hopefully fixed this time), so I should be able to start Uncharted this weekend :)

In the meantime, I've been working my way through Sly 3. It's OK - far from terrible, but not great either. I think it's actually aged really badly (similar to the Jak & Daxter trilogy), but I'll endeavour to finish it before the PS4 arrives :)

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I did not like Sly 3. It suffers from Sonic Friends syndrome. Nowhere near enough Sly action, too many rubbish "friends" that detract from the gameplay. The levels are too flat as well, not letting you use Sly's awesome moves enough. Wasn't a fan of the story either, honestly the only part of the game I enjoyed was the final level as its the only point where the game really feels like a Sly Cooper game. 1&2 were way better, not had a chance to play 4 yet.

I've got Uncharted 4 as well, can't wait to get started on it this week. I'll also be starting the PS4 remake of Yakuza 1 once I finish my first playthrough of UC4. Cannot wait to play either of them :)

3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Dragon Age: Inquisition. If I didn't know what I was doing in The Witcher 3, then I'm truly completely lost with Dragon Age. Six hours in & I'm really feeling overwhelmed by what to do first, what loot to keep etc. Think I need to do a bit of studying to try & get a handle on things. I am enjoying it though.

4. Lethal

Lethal Well-Known Member

I am playing this!

[​IMG]

Flying_Pig likes this.
  5. shadowman

Finished off my first playthrough on Uncharted 4 today. Its absolutely amazing. Really great story, atmosphere, and a terrific mix of exploration and action. I'm now going back grabbing trophies and playing some of the multi player which is really good as well (which is a nice surprise).

I'll be doing a hard playthrough at some stage, as well as getting all the collectables but that'll take a lot of time so I won't do that straight away. Meanwhile I'll be starting Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami (Yakuza 1 Remake) for the PS4, absolutely can't wait to play this either, as the series is my favourite modern game series, but the first game needed an overhaul in terms of combat and controls, which is exactly what this game does.

6. Flying_Pig

My PS4 arrived back with me last Friday and this time it works \o/

And despite having Uncharted 4 ready and waiting, I have this irrational determination to finish Sly 3 (on the PS3) first... I'm just at tha start of the penultimate chapter, so hopefully not too far to go, but frankly I just want it to end, so I can move on.

It's been bugging me that Sly 3 is the only game in the series I haven't finished, which is why I'm so determined to get it done!

7. Mr Tornado

Yay. You're made of strong stuff to resist Uncharted! :)

Flying_Pig likes this.
  8. Flying_Pig

I ploughed through the final 2 chapters of Sly 3 yesterday - it has occasional sections of brilliance, but there are way too many irritating, poorly conceived sections with really distract from my enjoyment of the game. I'm so glad it's over!

And I played through the first 5 chapters of Uncharted 4 last night. Brilliant, just brilliant!

9. shadowman

Chapter 11 on Uncharted 4 is one of my favourite levels in a game ever. So fun to replay as well!

I've ploughed on with more Yakuza Kiwami. I'm 50% done with the game now, which has taken me less time than expected. There are a trio of activities in the game that requires a lot of grinding (Haruka's Trust, Majima Anywhere System and the Fighting Arena) but so far none of those have really felt all that grindy (probably helps that no fighting arena will feel as grindy as Yakuza 5's - having to finish that 4 times over was a pain!).

Other than that I've been playing lots of Mahjong, Pocket Racer and the UFO crane game - all of which have been really fun! The fighting system is great but really does require quite a bit of levelling up in order to get the most out of it. Thankfully the game has got a good level of difficulty, so its not as easy as 4 and 5 ended up being.

This will no doubt prove an excellent stop gap until 6 gets released in Japan later this year.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  10. infasis

infasis Member

I've been remote playing Tales of Zestiria and it's been the best experience I've had using the feature so far. I think this is actually gonna be the first PS4 game I play entirely on my Vita. I wish all PS4 games looked and felt this good using it. I love it.

11. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

The Witcher 3. Just started and I'm really enjoying it so far.

12. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    The Golf Club, and it's pretty fucking good despite a few weird graphical issues and annoyances. I love the control scheme, and it works good via remote play too.

13. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Finished Dark Souls 3, what a goddamn improvement over dark souls 2, now I'm waiting for GameStop to give me my OverWatch and hopefully get a group together with people here.

14. Flying_Pig

I gave TTR: World Tour a go over the weekend (it was free on PS+ a month or so ago). Having already played the Vita version, I knew what to expect. It's pretty decent (I wouldn't have bought it) and my kids loved it. I played a bit more last night so have unlocked the 2nd tier of cars.

Recommended for a quick blast every now and again...

15. Kalvort

Kalvort Member

Beat DOOM, TMNT Mutants in Manhattan, Tales from the Borderlands (Great game!!!) and now finally onto Uncharted 4, the graphics... Especially the cutscenes is FREAKING RIDICULOUS!!

16. Flying_Pig

Progressing through Uncharted 4 (up to Chapter 9 now) - it's fantastic!

17. Mr Tornado

Dragon Age Inquisition. Only playing maybe 30 minutes each day (up to 17 hours so far) & loving it.

18. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Overwatch is still amazing 19 hours in.

19. shadowman

About 60 hours into Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami now. Thought I was pretty much done with the game, but part of the requirements for 100%ing the game is to get 100 weapons and 70 pieces of armour, and that requires more grinding than first anticipated. No matter, its still really fun to play, and I've almost got 100 weapons now (I'm at 92). Then its just a matter of finishing off Koi Koi, the last hostess and defeating Amon.

20. shadowman

100%ed Yakuza now. Awesome stuff! Moved back to a few of the indie games I've had half finished in my backlog - N++ is what I'm focusing on at the moment. I've made decent progress and only have the last dozen or so levels in the main game left (each level has 5 stages). Its hard now! Most levels are cleverly designed and require a serious amount of skill and timing to get through. Good thing the controls are perfect then.

21. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

Just a update on what game I playing.. my last post I said GTA 5 online..... well ...... still the same gta 5 online level 477 . cant wait until ' lego star wars ' comes out :)

22. Flying_Pig

Still Uncharted 4, but I'm up to lvl 14 and it's fantastic. My favourite Uncharted game so far :)

23. shadowman

Spent loads of time playing N++ today. Made it through all the normal levels and boy does it feel satisfying. The game started off being a very boring platformer - I was just not feeling the game at all, the levels were doing nothing for me. So I stuck at it between playing other titles and as I got further the game got better - the more challenging the game got the more I enjoyed it (for reference, I love tough platformers more than anything), The games controls and physics are perfect, so when you start off on levels some feel impossible or at least really imposing. After a few run throughs to get the best route they become possible, and eventually I manage to finish the stage off. The last levels became very challenging, judging by my performance (i.e. number of deaths per level) the last 5 took me over 1000 deaths before I finished all 5! I'd have given up far earlier if the controls and level design weren't excellent, but as I managed to make it further and further and I could see I was improving I just had to stick at it, in the end I finally finished it... only to unlock one last row of expert levels. Yeah, those can wait a little while I think!
    I really do recommend the game though, stick through the early levels and you'll be rewarded with a great game (and to be fair to those early levels, they really do teach you all you need to know about controls, angles, speed etc. which is required knowledge by the time you reach the end).

24. Flying_Pig

I played through the Doom demo last night - it's pretty good, and plays well, but the demo did confirm that it's not really my kind of game. I'm happy to play it for an hour or so, but it's not something I'd necessarily stick with for 8-10 hours or however long the game is...

25. Flying_Pig

And Uncharted 4 is done. Quality game and highly recommended. I'm gonna dive back in to grab some of the trophies I missed, and then I'll be finishing off some of the games I abandoned as soon as Uncharted 4 arrived. I've currently got:
    - Tearaway Unfolded
    - Defence Grid 2
    - Fallout 4 (and now the additional DLC)
    - Project Cars

Once I've cleared a few of those I'll be playing either:
    - Life is Strange
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - Dishonoured
    - Wolfenstein: ANO