What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Played more of South Park. I'd forgotten how short the game is, which isn't a complaint as I hate filler in games and this has none. Its been great to replay it, I can't be bothered to do all the collectahon trophies though, I hate that aspect of games. Otherwise I'd have actually tried to platinum it.

Next I'll get back to Uncharted 4 and grab a few more trophies, and start Mighty No 9 next week (finally!)

zodaex likes this.
  2. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
  3. rudysilvergun

rudysilvergun Active Member

After not touching my PS4 in quite awhile, I finished the story in the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4. Also started Witcher 3 last night.

4. Silent Hill

Silent Hill Member

Just beat Uncharted on Saturday and started playing DOOM last night (on XB1) so I may start up Dirt Rally on PS4

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Flying_Pig likes this.
  5. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Completely finished Uncharted 4 SP, after spending the last week revisiting some chapters to grab a few missing trophies and treasures. I also gave the online play a go last night - I don't tend to do competitive online shooting so don't have much to compare it to, but after the brilliant SP campaign, the online multiplayer feels really poor...

Maybe I'll just play Tearaway Unfolded instead...?

6. Silent Hill

Silent Hill Member

I'd go for Tearaway. The older I get the less I play online. And I agree that the SP of UC destroys the MP aspect of it. (tried to give UC3 online a shot and wasn't digging it)

7. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
  8. shadowman

Since Friday I've been playing the heck out of Mighty No 9. Its got several issues that really annoy me, and two levels that I don't really have all that much fun playing but since I've been playing it so many times I've been able to alter my playstyle to adapt to the games shortcomings. I still love some of the games ideas and boss fights, and its incredibly addictive once I got into the groove of the game. I felt like I hit a brick wall several times when playing certain parts of the game but always managed to overcome them. I've managed to finish challenge mode, Hyper difficulty mode, Hard mode without dying, Boss rush within 20 minutes etc. so I've got the platinum trophy on the game now. Is it perfect? Far from it, but its still probably one of my favourite games of the year just because I've not been able to put it down since starting it.

I've got Shantae, Unravel, Shadow Complex Remastered and Altered Beast to play through next.

9. Flying_Pig

I ditched Uncharted 4's multiplayer - it's just no very fun - so have been enjoying a bit of Table Top Racing, although I should resume my playthrough of Tearaway Unfolded tonight.

The thing is, as much as I loved Tearaway on the Vita (got the platinum trophy), I've found Unfolded to be pretty hard work and just not very enjoyable. Maybe it's just the kind of game I prefer on a smaller screen and I certainly can't see myself slogging through some of the levels again to get the platinum trophy on this one...

Darkknezz likes this.
  10. shadowman

I've been playing Unravel for a couple of days now and I really love the game. The setting and levels do a great job of pulling you into the game world, probably helped by the fact that the game looks so damn good (and credit to the devs, runs silky smooth at the same time). I've finished the game and am working on the last of the trophies now, there are a couple of so-so puzzles that brought down the fun a bit on the game - such as the horrible hill/lantern puzzle in the snow storm (on the last level) that pissed me off, but thankfully moments like that are few and far between. Definitely recommend getting this game.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

45 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition. So addictive.

DankZaku and Flying_Pig like this.
  12. shadowman

Managed to get the platinum trophy on Unravel. The final level in the snow storm was annoying to clear without losing any lives, as were a couple of bits on the second mining level but nothing I couldn't handle with a little patience! Absolutely excellent game though, I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a great 2D platformer for the system.

I also managed to finish Shadow Complex. I can't put my finger on this one... I know its a good game, a great metroidvania styled game but I wasn't overly amazed at the game on release, and while I enjoyed revisiting it on the PS4 I still can't say I really loved the game. Maybe its just the setting? Government complex is a pretty bland location, not that much colour and really generic enemies with an even more generic story. Its just a far cry from any of the Metroid or Castlevania (metroidvania) titles, or even more recent games like Dust which are brimming with character (and great boss fights).

Lastly, I've now started Bloodborne... quite late to the party on this one, I've wanted to get it for ages and with the DLC being released (and then the GOTY version going on sale) I could no longer ignore the game. So I've started the game and managed to take down the first two bosses, and explored a bit of the cathedral already. Yeah, I like this an awful lot. The combat is exactly the type of combat I like in action games - rewarding, well designed and with a degree of risk involved. Enemies are all dangerous, they can sneak up on you, ambush you in groups, or for the larger goons just crush you like a bug! Thankfully the dodge works great for these encounters and the parry mechanic works so darn well that even bigger enemies are beatable if you know what your doing! I've been taking things slow, learning the attacks for the enemies as I go and I think I've got things down pretty good so far, I've been exploring/grinding for blood making sure I level up as I go to be on the safe side, and then taking on the bosses when I feel confident that I have a chance. I've loved the first two bosses you meet, took me a few tries to beat them but I was always learning so I never really felt annoyed that I died. Plus I've been unlocking shortcuts as I go so I don't have to trek across the entire city every time I want to fight them!
    While I've not played lots of previous Souls games (I've only managed to finish Demon's Souls so far) I just feel like this is the one for me. It feels streamlined and fast paced in its combat, no spells or such (so far), just fast paced action with my badass razer/scythe thingey.

13. Flying_Pig

I played a bit more of Tearaway Unfolded, but can't say I'm finding it very fun. Maybe part of the joy of the Vita version was it's simplicity, whereas Unfolded has added quite a lot of additional 'stuff', although for me it detracts from the core platforming :(

I did also start (and finish) Gone Home. Quite an interesting little story - I just need to get the 2 speed-run trophies now :)

14. Flying_Pig

I swear the 2 speed run trophies for Gone Home are glitched! I'm certain that I've done what I've need to do for both and they just won't pop. A quick bit of googling seems to have confirmed my suspicions :(

Anyway, I decided to play Nubla instead - a very simple puzzle/platformer which can be finished in just over an hour. It's not bad, but the bonus is that it has a very easy platinum trophy :)

Now I've got those 2 out of the way, it's back to Tearaway Unfolded...

Edit: Although apparently Rocket League has an update!

15. shadowman

More Bloodborne done. Took a while to beat Bloodstarved Beast, mainly due to him being a right bastard with his poison attacks. I got him eventually though! However I then spent the next hour or so lost, not sure where to go... but I managed to stumble through a hidden passageway which eventually allowed me to open up some shortcuts to a new area! Time to explore that part of the game world next. Still loving the game, the sense of progression is awesome, always feels like I'm moving forward whenever I beat a boss or unlock a shortcut or new checkpoint. Combat rocks so much on it as well!

16. Valcer

Valcer Well-Known Member

Playing Star Ocean 5 currently. Don't understand all the hate its getting, I am quite enjoying it :cool:

17. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

I've been playing Prison Architect on Xbox One (it's also on PS4) over the last few days and it's really fun and addicting.
    I'm really glad it got a physical release or else I probably would have overlooked it. It takes me back to the 3do/PS1 days when I would put in tons of hours on similar games like Theme Park and Theme Hospital.

18. shadowman

Another day spent on Bloodborne, another 3 bosses defeated! (and a forth encountered, but I haven't managed to beat him yet). Made some really good progress today, got lost in the woods for a while though (seems like a trend in video games for me...) but thankfully I managed to finally get bearings and push through to the boss which I defeated. Really am enjoying the heck out of this game, I can see why its so revered. Its definitely a contender for my favourite PS4 game at the moment. Just no more confusing treks through the woods please!

19. Flying_Pig

I finished Tearaway Unfolded yesterday - the last 3 or 4 levels were pretty decent, but I found the overall game a bit of a chore. It's hard to pin down what I didn't like it, but the camera was annoying in places causing some needless deaths, and the combat itself is extremely weak... I'm glad it's over...

So I've got about 4 weeks before No Man's Sky arrives and have the dilemma of playing either:
    - Fallout 4 (I'm at the end game and have the DLC to play)
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - Life is Strange
    - Wolfenstein: The New Order

Any suggestions?

20. Flying_Pig

I actually grabbed Dangerous Golf last night (it's on sale on PSN) - it's brilliant fun - think Burnout Crash, but instead of cars, with a golf ball and champagne bottles/statues/pies/paint etc etc

Definintely recommended!

21. Valcer

Valcer Well-Known Member

Out that I would go for Ratchet & Clank. Such a nice game gameplay and graphic wise

Flying_Pig likes this.
  22. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Furiiiiiiiiiiiii! man freaking awesome game, thank you PS+ For me a games soundtrack can literally be more important than the majority of the game when it comes to my gameplay experiance, i cannot express how much i love the furi soundtrack and to top it off the game is a solid piece of work that just makes the whole experiance super enjoyable.

Doom as well, same reasons, the soundtrack is brutal :D and the gameplay is right up my old school fps alley.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  23. shadowman

Bloodborne is now complete so I've begun on the DLC. Made some progress by opening up shortcuts etc. but not faced any of the new bosses yet, whom I understand are a force to be reckoned with! Brilliant game though, I thought I'd give it a break after beating the true final boss but I just couldn't put it down!

But I can take an odd break from it now and then, so I've started Firewatch. Oh wow this game is a treat. It looks beautiful (seriously, some of those vistas look gorgeous) and its such a nice immersive game. Just you and the lady at the end of the intercom chatting as you explore the national park. I turned off the map marker so I have to use the compass to rely on exploring. Its a great mechanic and further immerses me in the game world. Its definitely one of the best "walking sims" out there at the moment, it has a great game world and decent narrative that keeps you going. Everybodies Gone to Rapture on the other hand I felt was a let down. The slow pace, nonsensical story (still don't understand what the rapture was or what actually happened to people) plus there was 0 gameplay actually in the game... Firewatch and Vanishing of Ethan Carter are definitely better in that regard.

24. Flying_Pig

Yeah, I loved FireWatch - a really great game.

I haven't started Ratchet & Clank yet. Unfortunately I just can't stop playing Dangerous Golf - it's a seriously fun game!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    shadowman likes this.
  25. shadowman

Yeah, I loved FireWatch - a really great game.

I haven't started Ratchet & Clank yet. Unfortunately I just can't stop playing Dangerous Golf - it's a seriously fun game![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just finished it off tonight. Short and sweet with a great story, I had to play the final "chapter" since I just had to know what was in the cave! I loved the atmospheric effects used throughout the game.

Now I'm not sure what to start next. I've got White Night, Alien Nation, Soma... many cool looking indie titles to try.