What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Nah, it's still up in the air if KH3 is due out in 2017. However, there IS a KH game due out next month I believe - KH 2.8... I forget exactly what it contains, I got confused with the KH numbering and side stories a long time ago!

Anyway, I've mainly been playing Not a Hero. Its an excellent 2D side scrolling action game. Gets fairly tough toward the end of the game but nothing I couldn't handle. Managed to get top ranks on all the main levels to unlock all the trophies...

I'm still working on Yakuza 6. 5 chapters down and its probably my favourite game of 2016, though I still have so much to see and do that I'll probably be playing it through most if not all of January as well! At least it'll last me until Yakuza 0's English release and Resident Evil 7 get released.

Dee0342 and Simmi like this.
  2. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Currently playing Dragon Quest Builders. This game has been taking all of my Vita free time lately.

[​IMG]

Zankonell, Simmi and Dee0342 like this.
  3. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I am sucked back into Skyrim Special Edition

Simmi likes this.
  4. shadowman

All my time is spent playing Yakuza 6 now. Its so darn good that nothing else can get a look in. I played around with the Hostess mini game yesterday and loved how they've refined that further. Super Hang On is insanely addictive and I really appreciate the inclusion of a "very easy" mode for people like me who aren't that great at the arcade game! Story wise it continues to be excellent with a brilliant set piece/boss fight at the end of chapter 7. Really can't wait to get back to this!

DankZaku likes this.
  5. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Nier: Automata Demo

Pure sex. Absolutely everything I wanted this game to be. After finishing it, I just sat the controller down and stared at the title screen for a good ten minutes.

Can't wait until March.

6. shadowman

Yeah, that boss fight at the end of the demo. Amazing stuff. Great combat and insanely smooth as well. I'm sold on it that's for sure.

Anyway, I finished Yakuza 6 yesterday. Still processing that ending, its pretty powerful even if a couple of the choices seemed... odd. Choice of the final boss was a dud though. The game was so great up to that point with characters that it seemed weird that they took a weak character that barely got screen time to be the finale. Still the best game of 2016 for me, and am so glad that Yakuza 0 is getting an English release in a matter of weeks. It'll be a pleasure to replay that game.

7. shadowman

Spent the last couple of days finishing off Doom, now I'm working on the challenges and weapon mod trophies. Its insanely addictive, the pure gameplay is some of the best I've played in a while, it just doesn't get boring for me. And the challenges are really fun to do. Really pleased with this game, its exceeded my expectations. Now onto Gravity Rush Remastered (I was supposed to have that one finished before GR2 came out!)

8. dunpeal2064

Doom is indeed a fantastic game. Could not have been happier with it.

The final Nioh demo is gonna be out this weekend, so I'll probably spend my time between that and the new Project Diva.

9. shadowman

I kinda wish I could spend more time with Nioh, but working the weekend means I won't have enough time to devote to the last beta. Oh well, I already know I'll be buying it anyway after that last beta so I can wait a few more weeks!

Almost done with the side stuff in Doom. Ended up doing all the weapon mod and rune challenges (really fun to replay levels to get these) and upgrade Doom guy to the max. Just have two levels left to complete level specific challenges and I'm done. Still probably won't go for the platinum (even though I'm really close), I might give arcade mode a try at some stage.

Now I just need to divide my time between Gravity Rush 1 (then 2), Yakuza 6's post game content and Resident Evil 7. Can't recall a January ever being this packed with great games.

10. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Uncharted Collection. I'm in the last chapters of 3 and oh boy... there's so much wrong with these games...

11. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I've been playing Doom the last 2 weeks, picked up off Amazon before xmas for £15, absolutely thrilled with the game.

I used to play original Doom on PS1, it's quite amazing to see how much from the original has been kept within the game (weapons, enemies), on my second playthrough now; I'm loving it!

12. shadowman

Yeah, it captures the essence of the original perfectly, I was bowled over with it. Its the most fun I've had with a FPS in years (that isn't called Destiny!)

Now that Yakuza 6 is finished (just beat the secret boss Amon this afternoon) I can finally focus on other games! I've been playing Gravity Rush Remastered which is fantastic (then again I loved it for the Vita as well) and am almost done with it. Working through Project Diva Future Tone as well (so much content which means it'll take me months to finish every song just once!). Just debating whether or not I'll be able to get Nioh at launch, I really want it, but I really want to cut my backlog in half as well! Many of the games though are fairly short so it might not be impossible to cross out 2-3 by the time its released.

13. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I just got the pro. Honestly folk that's my very first ps4 system lol. I'm currently but sloooowly playing megaman collections. Don't judge me folk lol. I'm a hardcore handheld gamer. Haven't touch a console in over a decade or soo...:)

14. shadowman

I really enjoyed the Mega Man Legacy Collection. Despite having played the series through countless times before the challenge mode kept things fresh for me, lots of fun to be had there!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  15. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

So I'm done with Uncharted Collection (don't really care about platinum trophies) and now I don't know what I should play.
    I have Nights of Azure, DW8 Empires, EDF 4.1 and GG Xrd Revelator.
    Suggestions? Gotta be one of those 4, I'm not planning on getting anything for a while.

16. Roscoe Jones

Yeah its hard as hell at first. I'm playing megaman 1. I'mma try to get all trophies. I love 8bit games.. so rich...!

shadowman likes this.
  17. shadowman

Be sure to grab Shovel Knight if you've not already. Its basically the spiritual sequel to the Mega Man franchise and a darn good game at that. I've probably played it through a good 10 times now... Still can't wait for the DLC to be released this year!

Anyway, Gravity Rush Remastered has been completed. Got all the trophies for the main game and DLC, really enjoyed replaying it. The combat is basic and basically the only thing I didn't love about the game, but I did love the gravity powers, story and game world. I'll be starting the sequel shortly.

Currently playing Porject Diva Future Tone. Its...so...addictive! 220+ songs, multiple difficulties, and a lust to replay songs over and over to improve scores. Definitely get this if your a fan of the series, its probably the only game in the series I need to own. Makes me sad a Vita port doesn't exist, it'd be the best thing ever!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  18. dunpeal2064

Pretty much the only reason I haven't bought it yet, want to thoroughly rinse the Miku games I already have before shelving them for what looks to be the pinnacle of the series. It looks so damn good!

I've been playing through Yakuza 0. On Chapter 4 I think, and loving every bit of it so far. The main story is obviously good, but this game may very well have the best side quests I've ever seen. Every time one pops up I am excited to see what crazy scenario I get thrown into. Coming into this from FFXV really puts a spotlight on what makes a good or bad side quest.

19. shadowman

Yeah, I've been spending more time on Future Tone, I'm working through normal difficulty first to get my timings solid on songs and I've been slowly playing through a few songs, then reevisiting them to get even better scores. Managing to hit 95% completion rates (or above) on some songs has been incredibly satisfying.

As for Yakuza. Yeah, the side stories are the real hidden gem of the series. Most open world games seem to give you huge worlds and reptitive tasks that aren't very fun as side content, Yakuza instead gives you a much smaller, focused play area and populates it with a lot of weird and wonderful characters to meet. Yakuza 6 is exactly the same way, I'd say some of the side stories are the best ever in the series, perhaps thanks to everything being voiced in 6 (giving a greater emotional impact at points).

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  20. shadowman

Now onto Resident Evil 7. Been glued to it for a couple of days now and am really liking the gameplay. It feels more like a first person version of the original Resident Evil in quite a few respects. Loving the main antagonists and variety in fighting each of them. I think I'm fairly far into the game now (2/3 of the way through I think) so I may be able to finish my first run before Nioh is released next week... I'll definitely be doing a second playthrough for what I assume is a second/alternate ending.

21. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing The Last Guardian which is really something - it's definitely got that Ico/SotC magic...

I've also just started Virginia as a quick game to play via Remote Play.

Hopefully I'll be done with TLG by the time Horizon Zero Dawn arrives in a few weeks :)

22. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I've been playing Resident Evil 7 on PSVR., I think I am almost finished with it now. I'm very impressed, it's has me swearing and cursing out of fright plenty of times, haha

Most my time has been spent on Tales Of Berseria though, I love the 'tales of' games so I'm loving it!!!

23. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Final Fantasy X remaster on the PS4. Not the most impressive remaster but it is doable. I'm pretty far in from what I remember when I played it on the PS2. ( It has been nearly 15 years already?! crazy! )

24. Roscoe Jones

I own Shovel Knight on the Vita...I support physical media so I have the physical release on the Vita and it's pstv compatible so I'mma play it on my 22" monitor (anything bigger makes vita games look unattractive lol). Can't wait to play it. I really look pass rythm games. However I have rockband and guitar hero on my ds lite not really my niche tho. I follow a gamer on the Tube and I watched him play Project Diva hence he and I are both Japanese buffs since elementary. Gravity rush...I passed it up at first until I say game play and was blown away. So I bought a brand new physical one on the vita of course -big Vita support /player/lover. Haven't touched it yet but I can't wait to play it. I have well over 110 physical vita games so *sigh* it's a fun problem to have.

shadowman likes this.
  25. shadowman

Finished RE7 twice. Loved it, definitely doing a Mad House playthrough and getting the DLC sooner rather than later.

Now onto Gravity Rush 2, which is another awesome sequel. Its more of the same in the best way with some decent improvements to the combat (which really were required as after replaying GR1 recently the combat was really lacking). Gravity shifting all over the place still rocks as does the music. Looking forward to playing it more.

Oh, and on my PS3 I finally finished Dark Souls (including all optional and DLC bosses). Amazing game, I've already purchased the sequel for the PS4 and will get DS3 once the GOTY edition is released in a couple of months.