What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

N++ This game is so good & such marvelous value for money (paid around a fiver I think). I can see how you could sink hours into this game trying to perfect each level, but I'm so bad at it. It's a win if I just reach the end of the stage/level!

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

One of my favourite games ever, incredibly challenging but I just love the level design. The expert levels are nuts though, took a couple of fun shared videos of my favs:

Meanwhile, I've been playing both Gravity Rush 2 and Super Meat Boy.

I've finished of GR2, its twice or maybe even 3 times longer than the Vita original game, tons of content including decent side missions, excellent new methods of traversing the world and a great soundtrack. Could have done without the forced stealth sections though, those brought down a rather awesome game.

Super Meat Boy is something that I've completed before on the Vita, I'm now doing it again on the PS4, getting all the bandages will be annoying again. I've beaten the light world levels and should just have one warp zone left (Just unlocked "The Guy") and I'm now working on the last of the dark zone levels I have left. Its such a great platformer, right up there with N++ as some of the best platformers ever created.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  3. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

What are you currently playing on your PS4? ?????? nothing now, my ps4 is broken ... so I have to use xbox 1 for now.. but I be back one day soon !!

4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

That AI Ant Colony level. :eek: Made my brain hurt just watching the video!

5. shadowman

Yeah, its a deceptive level as its not the hardest in the game, but with all the crazy crap on screen at once its incredibly difficult to keep track of where you are and what you need to avoid.

6. shadowman

Gravity Rush 2 released a free piece of DLC yesterday that finally explains that enormous cliffhanger at the end of the first game, and also focuses on Raven. Its short and sweet, with a nice bunch of unique chapters to clear and some fun boss battles as well. I really enjoyed it. Well worth the (free!) price of admission.

Now that GR2 is complete and platinumed I've moved onto The Last Guardian. Its one of those games that low quality vids and screen shots don't do justice. It looks bloody beautiful in motion (especially Trico's animations and mannerisms). Its really fun as well, as its just one huge platforming adventure with clever puzzles. Only minor complaints is at times Trico won't do what you want him to, and a couple of times its a bit unclear on what your supposed to be doing. But those moments have been few and far between at the moment.

DojoDan likes this.
  7. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I totally love Nier: Automata, can't stop playing it. My GOTY so far big time. Simply amazing!

shadowman likes this.
  8. shadowman

Got completely pulled into an amazing indie title called "Cursed Castilla EX". Basically its a really, really good homage to Capcoms Ghouls n Ghosts series (a series I'm a huge fan of). It manages to tone down the difficulty a bit as its not as tough as Capcom's series but it still puts up a damn good fight especially if your going for all the trophies (one trophy asks you to clear over half the game with a certain weapon without dying once!). I managed to get the platinum this afternoon, I don't think I've been glued to a game like this since Rogue Legacy. If you want an awesome indie action/platformer with great stage design and bosses then give this a try (just wish my PS4 recorded my entire playthrough, not just the last two levels):

9. shadowman

Also now playing through Wild Guns Reloaded for my weekly retro fix. This is a remaster of a Snes game and its just as good as I'd hoped. I'm so close to being able to complete it without continuing, so no doubt I'll be addicted to thiis one for a little while longer! Also struggling through Tales of the Borderlands which I'm not really enjoying. Its funny at points, but also really boring at other points. Surprised this is so revered in terms of Telltale releases as this is easily the one I like the least.

10. shadowman

Rediscovered my love for Street Fighter V this week thanks to a sale on the first character pass. Been playing multiplayer a bit and have been having a real fun time with the game. Its still probably my favourite fighter this gen in terms of gameplay, its just so sublime to play.

Also been addicted to a cool digital title called Bound. The main playthrough on the game is really laid back as its pretty much impossible to fail the levels so the trophy list is where the real challenge is. I've finally managed to speed run all levels and get both speed run trophies for clearing the game in certain conditions:

Its got a bit of a crappy camera at times but that hasn't hurt my enjoyment of the game. Just one trophy short of the platinum, but the camera woes make it hard for me to clear the entire game without dying.

11. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Got the Platinum Trophy for Toukiden 2.
    I'm close to ending Tearaway Unfolded and I'll probably start The Last of US Remaster tomorrow.

12. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

After seeing the announcement of The Evil Within 2 I decided I will beat the first one in Akumu mode which is one hit death mode, I've made it to the final level, I hope I can get out of this alive.

SasukeTheRipper likes this.
  13. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Star Ocean V and Killing Floor 2

zodaex likes this.
  14. shadowman

Mega Man... again. I swear for every new game I play I end up replaying this series about 20 times over...

Yesterday's fun revolved around fighting all the bosses from Mega Man 1-6 with just my default buster weapon (it was one of the challenges in the Mega Man Legacy Collection).

Managed to get my time down to 35 mins, though I could do way better I'm sure. Managed to nail the method on beating Fire Man without taking any damage (only took 30 years), my next goal is to perfect Wood, Flash and maybe Air Man (if that's even possible?).

DojoDan likes this.
  15. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I am currently playing Dishonored, but it is too hot for PS4 + TV in my room, so i am rather "SWITCHing" right now :D

FearlessSasuke and shadowman like this.
  16. shadowman

I've been playing Jotun over the last couple of days. At its core its a boss rush game with some beautiful scenery along the way, and a trophy list that is rock solid!
    There are trophies for clearing the bosses without using any of your god powers (which make short work of bosses if you combine them properly).

Now most are challenging but perfectly doable when you nail the timings and attacks, but Odin is a cheap bastard if he wants to be, especially when he's low on health. He's chucking out 3 homing spears and summoning 4 extra bosses to attack with him briefly and this combo can be impossible to dodge depending where you are and where the bosses spawn. Took me a good few tries, but I finally did it!

Now onto the no damage runs which might not actually be harder, as you can use god powers to really beat the shit out of the bosses quick before they get a chance to fight back!

17. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Currently playing the brilliant WipEout Omega Collection - I've just cleared the 2050 season and am now focused on the HD + Fury content. There's certainly a lot there to keep me busy.

Horizon: Zero Dawn up next, although I'm tempted by pick up Elite:Dangerous which is out today...

18. shadowman

Got my copy of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy today. Played the first few levels, loving it so far. I love platformers above all else and this totally does it for me, the first game has a nice difficulty curve, and now with a much better save system and other little improvements it should mean I actually finish the game this time!

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  19. shadowman

Currently playing around on Darius Burst, I've got the Vita version but I wanted the PS4 version just so I could have easy access to DLC. Glad I got it as well as the Sega and Capcom DLC is fantastic, the Space Harrier and Forgotten Worlds DLC especially.

I've also been playing more Crash Bandicoot Trilogy. I've plat'ed the first game and have moved onto CB2 which I'm having a lot of fun with, this one looks like it'll take longer to 100% just down to all the different stuff to do in the game.

Lastly I've been playing a little more of Jotun, managed to clear every boss bar Odin taking no damage, once he's done its just hard mode left...

20. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

After finishing Life is Strange I'm thinking about starting Until Dawn while I finish with Killing Floor 2

21. Lando452

Lando452 Member

I'm playing Tomb Raider definitive edition using Remote play on my Vita.

22. Flying_Pig

Mainly WipEout Omega which I love and am nearly through all of the HD races - Fury next. I also started the TellTale Batman game - I've never read any of the comics, but I really like the look and feel of this - I'm looking forward to delving deeper into it.

And my wife/children are away next week, so the plan is to start Horizon: Zero Dawn and hopefully get a good chunk of that done :)

23. shadowman

Finished off Jotun on "Valhalla" difficulty (aka hard mode). Its actually a really fun mode, as its more balanced with your powers in mind, so bosses aren't push overs when you use them. Odin was surprisingly easy when you know how, as he doesn't get much of a health boost (if any?) so if you manage to strike him down quick you'll be fine. Much like the lightning boss though its definitely not one you want to draw out any longer than possible!

Also started Crash Bandicoot 3, its a fairly short game so I'm already nearly done on my first playthrough, just got the last 5? levels left. But I've got plenty of gems and relics to get so I'm nowhere near done yet. Excellent platforming, but really didn't need the vehicle sections at all.

Also fell back into the hole that is Driveclub. I've restarted it on my current profile and I'm making my way through all car and bike tours. Getting pretty far through the main tour, but there is so much DLC to play that I won't be done any time soon (and I'm so happy that's the case!). Still as amazing as ever, its the only racer I've really liked this gen, and I love the new free tracks added around the time the VR game was released. Town tracks are small but look amazing, kinda like seeing what could have been if Sony didn't close the studio :(

Oh, and now that Zelda is finally finished its time to revisit Kamuracho once more and start my English playthrough on Yakuza 0. Absolutely can't wait to get back into this one.

24. Flying_Pig

I'm actually really envious - I loved DriveClub and do put in on every now and again for a few races. I know it had issues at the beginning, but it really is a phenomenal racer - easily my favourite of this generation, if not the last one too :)

25. shadowman

Yeah, its great revisiting it. Its the perfect chill out game for me, do a few single races or challenges in the tours before jumping on something else.

Anyway, I've managed to make some headway in Nex Machina now. I've got the first four levels down well for hidden stuff, and can hold my own well enough on the other two levels. Managed to clear the entire game without continuing so I'm getting better! Still have lots to do on the game though! Veteran difficulty should be a completely new game in terms of difficulty!

I've also started Yakuza 0. Its so good, and thanks to the PS4 Pro I'm not seeing any of the minimal screen tearing I saw before. This one is going to be a long one, I'll be aiming to 100% the game, so there is no way I won't be playing this for 100+ hours.