What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Now that I have finished Persona 5, I am playing Resident Evil 7 - which is very good so far.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Mother Russia Bleeds. Its what I imagine a Streets of Rage game by the Hotline Miami devs would be like. Its brutal and pretty twisted in places but it places pretty darn good so far. A few extra moves gives the combat slightly more depth and the level/enemy variety so far has been great. Definitely pumped to play more of this later.

Also been playing lots of Outrun and Mahjong via Yakuza 0. Managed to get some decent hands on Mahjong already, still probably going to take a while to get 10,000,000 Yen winnings from the mini game though!

3. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

While I'm still beavering away at the wonderful WipEout Omega and playing the Telltale Batman game, the wife and children are away for a week, so I'm gonna finally start Horizon ZD tonight :)

4. shadowman

Chapter 4 done on Yakuza 0. Now the main side activities are about to open up. I was mainly taking it easy on the side stuff until I got to this point, yet I still spent 20+ hours getting this far... darn this game for being so awesome and addictive!

Also platinumed Nex Machina (amazing game, buy it now!) and am now working through Resogun on my main profile. Almost done with the trophies - I've almost plat'ed the main game (that'll be done soon) and am working on the DLC's. I've cleared everything bar the commando mode, which is incredibly difficult to solo (I'm almost there) but I may try co-op'ing in it for an easier ride. Done 100 feats, done 10 gold challenges, done survival, protector and ball modes trophy wise so I just need to grind to level 50 after that if I can be bothered. Its still pretty much the best PS4 game for me, its that solid mix of challenge and fun, incredibly addictive and never gets boring.

5. Flying_Pig

Spent the weekend playing Horizon Zero Dawn and the Telltale Batman game. I'm really enjoying the latter - They've got the tone and feel of Batman just right (IMO) along with the tricky balance that Bruce Wayne has between himself and his masked alter-ego.

Obviously as a Telltale game it's a technical shambles, but it's still a quality story.

Horizon is a beautiful game - easily the best looking PS4 game I've seen. That said, even after 6 hours or so, the game play hasn't really grabbed me. It' a bit RPG-lite and I think I would have preferred something a bit more like Uncharted . Still, it's a really interesting world which the devs have created and I'm looking forward to learning more about it :)

6. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Yakuza 0. It's great fun with all the side quests and minigames, so much that I'm still in Chapter 2 xD

shadowman likes this.
  7. shadowman

And its still not really opened up yet! You get some extra stuff to do in chapter 5 and 7 which lets you earn significant money, which in turn lets you get many awesome new moves. I'm only on chapter 5 at the moment as I've been busy doing side stuff, but I think its time for me to finally continue on with the story.

I've also been playing around on DJ Max Respect which arrived today. I can tell this will be a time sink. I can also tell that I'm not great at S Ranking songs, its pretty darn tough this go around, since you need to play the song practically perfectly to get an S Rank. Its got an excellent range of songs though and plenty of modes to enjoy. I can't wait for all the DLC either!

Akros likes this.
  8. shadowman

Sonic Mania. Huge fan of the series, especially the older games and this one does not disappoint. Old levels feel new again thanks to some fantastic new level design, the new levels are just brilliant so far. Soundtrack is amazing, special stages are great fun... really nothing bad to say about the game at all.

Also on the retro side of things, been playing a lot of Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. Completed MM7 and 8 so far and now halfway through 9. The collection is excellent, emulation/ports are ace and the games are as good as ever. The challenge mode is a bit easy though, though some of the later ones are tougher/more fun for me!

Time to get these finished up for Uncharted next week!

9. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Picked up the new Paranormal Activity game this morning. Since I liked the movies, even the cheesy sequels/spin-offs, and the first one with the original ending is among my favorite horror movies ever, I'd been really looking forward to this.

The game starts out pretty scary (surely helped by it being VR) but gets kinda formulaic after a while. Some of the jumpscares didn't quite hit it with me (again, even though it's in VR which should be ten times scarier than on a flat screen) and the "normal" ending was kind of underwhelming - and achievable in less than three hours even if you have no idea what you're doing and taking your time looking around. Now trying to get the alternate ending which will hopefully add to the price-performance ratio. This game costs 30 € with launch week discount applied, after all.

It's not quite up there with Resident Evil 7, but the "next best" horror game I've played on PSVR so far!

shadowman likes this.
  10. shadowman

And finished Sonic Mania for the first time. Excellent stuff, amazing from beginning to end in every way. Can't believe how well the game turned out to be honest, really hope the same team get to make a sequel/new Sonic game now as they clearly know what they are doing. Hopefully the sales back up the quality of the game.

Pata and DojoDan like this.
  11. shadowman

Playing more DJ Max. Its the ultimate pick up and play game, I won't finish this game for months (assuming DLC isn't released, in which case it'll take even longer). But its so damn fun, music is really varied and catchy and of course so damn addictive :)

Also been playing more Drive Club. I swear I'm slowly improving, last time I played it through I couldn't do some of the time trial DLC races I can now. It means I've managed to snag all the gold stars on a couple of DLC's I'd never completed before. Its so much fan, and so incredibly satisfying to clear some of these races. I really don't think I'll need to buy another racer this gen, I can't see me liking any other one more than DC. Also, the weather effects completely change how beautiful the game looks. The Japan DLC courses look mind blowing still with the dynamic weather, hard to believe one patch could change the game's look so much. I still can't do Venom hotlap 2 though, that thing is a beast to complete!

12. shadowman

Spent quite a bit of time playing through Uncharted Lost Legacy recently. Its a really good little game. Its short so it doesn't outstay its welcome but its got some excellent set pieces and it looks amazing. Definitely worth getting since its fairly cheap. Should manage to platinum it within another week or so.

Also still playing tons of DJ Max. Its amazing, its one of the best games I've played all year, the soundtrack, the difficulty, the gameplay etc. its all so good!

And also at the end of Yakuza 0 :( 100 hours in and I'll be kinda sad to see it end. On the other hand with Kiwami 1 to replay and Kiwami 2 coming out in Japan for December its not as if I'll be without Yakuza for all that long!

13. Flying_Pig

Not much at the moment - I am still chipping away at WipEout Omega and the Telltale Batman game. I've not touched Horizon ZD in weeks :(

14. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Put in some hours on DJMAX RESPECT these past 2 days.

I made an attempt to achieve "PERFECT" in which I believe is required for one the trophy.

Still no success though (99.70% is my best attempt), guess have to try it again another day.

@shadowman have you gotten any 100% yet on any song by any chance? (DJMAX RESPECT)

15. shadowman

Let me check tomorrow which song I did it on. There is one incredibly easy song to do this on, but even then it'll take you several tries probably (I know it did for me!) to hit 100% as you have to be so precise!

Speaking of DJ Max, I continue to improve and full combo more songs. Pretty much done with the "normal" 4B difficulty songs, moved onto the hard modes for each song, done a couple of 5B songs as well. I'm still continuing to focus on trying to get the 999,999 combo trophy. Hit another milestone today - I crossed over the 500K barrier! Half way there...

Anyway, played a few more games on and off this week:

Yakuza 0 - Finished the game, 100% the challenge list, got every trophy bar the one for clearing the song on Legend difficulty which requires a second playthrough. That's something for another day. Amazing game as ever, already can't wait to replay the remake of Yakuza 1 after a little break.

Uncharted Lost Legacy - Platinumed the game. Also really good, its got a nice balance of exploration and action with some brilliant set pieces. Well worth playing if your a fan of the series.

Tearaway Unfolded. Bizarrely a game that I've not enjoyed as much as I'd expected. I love the Vita version yet for some reason this one left me disappointed in a few areas. By and large I disliked the new powers and areas, combat felt more annoying, going after optional collectables was so boring I gave up (though I plat'ed the Vita version) and it just didn't give me the same sense of enjoyment that the Vita version did. No idea why either...

16. KaiserDragon

@shadowman Thank you, I apologize for the trouble. That information is going to be really helpful to me.

Heh, I better get on Yakuza 0 too since they already annouced Yakuza Kiwami 2.

17. shadowman

Ok, checked the song I perfected on DJ Max and it was "Only for you".

KaiserDragon likes this.
  18. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Everybody's Golf on the PS4. The main reason I bought a PS4, and loving it! Seriously addictive.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  19. KaiserDragon

I see, Thank you very much for the information. That's the song I used for my closest run as well, I missed 4 notes. I guess I just have to keep trying then.

I'm considering getting Everybody's Golf too.

20. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

DO IT! JUST DO IT!

KaiserDragon likes this.