What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

I will look forward to that post. I may not be posting my gaming activities regularly, but I like visiting this kind of threads; always love seeing what others are playing, giving me some kind of inspirations on my "next-to-be-played" games.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finally got my 99,999 combo trophy on DJ Max Respect. Glad to finally have that out of the way.

Working more on Nioh, grabbed the season pass as its half price at the moment, I'll make a start on those missions once I'm done with the main game. Its still fantastic, and I'm still playing through it insanely slowly!

Also replaying Sonic Mania. Grabbed all 7 Chaos Emeralds, now to fight the proper final boss, then do a Knuckles run as he gets certain different paths/bosses compared to Sonic in a few levels.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

About seven hours into Dishonored 2 & loving it. Was initially going to go all out stealth, but that went out the window after about 10 minutes of play! Perfect sort of game for me as I can play in small bursts & then save my progress without having to reach checkpoints etc.

4. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

Playing battlefield 1.... I haven't had a that much fun on a online FPS in a looong time. Since I lost interest in the latest CoD games.

I am looking to get the season pass on BF1. Maybe, but maybe, I will buy the CoD WWII for a comeback, but I will see how that goes first.

5. shadowman

Hammering through Nioh at a nice pace now, cleared some higher level missions and managed to get some great gear in the process, plus the sloth talismen are really helping me out in some of the more hectic situations. Definitely is one of my favourite action games in recent memory, I love the setting and the characters plus the combat feels insanely smooth and solid.
    Gotta love the bosses as well, they remind me of Ninja Gaiden in terms of impact - huge monsters/demons for the most part that look really imposing, but are possible to beat when you know what your doing!

6. shadowman

Finished the main story on Nioh, now onto the DLC missions and hard mode (not planning on finishing hard mode, just sticking with it long enough to get decent divine loot).

Also started the new South Park game. Some really funny moments in the beginning but its a pretty slow start, the story hasn't really begun yet and I'd probably still but Stick of Truth above it in terms of intros.

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Not much really - I'm just finishing off the last few Fury races in WipEout Omega, plus and slowly plugging away at The Witness...

I just never seem to be able to find the time for some more serious gaming :(

8. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished Persona Q on the 3DS now I’m back with Kat in Gravity Rush 2 and so far it’s been absolutely stunning.

Flying_Pig and shadowman like this.
  9. Mr Tornado

Finished Dishonored 2 a few days ago & thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the tenner. I'm currently a few hours into Firewatch (yes I unsealed a LRG game!).

Flying_Pig and AllHasRed like this.
  10. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Was it the Y-Fold version? Mine was when I unsealed it, surely much to the horror of sealed collectors :p

Firewatch was really great I thought. Unfortunately though, I had to restart it four or five times because the game kept corrupting my save file, even after numerous re-installs :( Hopefully you can get through without a hitch!

Mr Tornado likes this.
  11. Mr Tornado

Hehe. You should've filmed it! Mine was just the heat shrink wrapped variety so I was doing the game a favour releasing it from the awful mess of cheap sealing.

Don't like the sound of corrupting save files. :( Apart from the odd stutter, it's been okay so far. How long did it take you to complete?

AllHasRed likes this.
  12. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

That really would have been something! Kind of a nice idea for a Youtube show - tearing the seal off of rare games ;) Surely someone must have thought of that before.

I looked up the save corruption thing and, at least at the time, it seemed to be a rare occurrence that also should have been fixed by a patch. I don't remember whether the patch is already on the disc or not, but my my PS4 definitely was up to date on everything and it still happened. The save always corrupted at different times - the first time I was pretty close to the ending, then another few times it happened right at the beginning. I let it sit overnight and the next day it went smoothly :confused:

Not counting these hiccups, it took me about four-five hours to complete, while taking my time and looking at everything and trying to find most of the secrets.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  13. Andreas Stalin

Finished Gravity Rush 2. What a game! I’m almost speechless. The first Gravity Rush was the very first game I played on my Vita and it’s still one of my favorite Vita games. And now the sequel is one of my favorites on the PS4. There’s just nothing quite like these games. And Kat, how can you not love her? (And of course Raven too). And last but not least the absolutely gorgeous open world is a sight to behold and a piece of art in itself.

Since my head is still spinning after shifting gravity for a week I’m gonna chill with Atelier Firis - the alchemist and the Mysterious Journey. Probably gonna be remote playing this a lot on my Vita since I have all my other Atelier games on the handheld.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  14. shadowman

Stealth missions (and that one stupid dog side story) hurt what was otherwise an amazing game for me. The stealth especially was moronic, it forced you to stay on the ground when your power set wanted you to do anything but that. I did love how the second half of the game had you revisit previous locations, it was done so wonderfully that I couldn't help but spend who knows how long just flying around taking in the scenery. If you've not done so already give the free DLC chapter a go to finally see them resolve the cliff hangar from the original GR. Plus more Raven is never a bad thing!

Anyway, finished South Park A Fractured But Whole off. Not as funny as the first game overall but still a blast to play. Well, bar the criminally unfunny, blatant racist part about the police force. Which is odd as its not the first time the show has tackled that subject but in the show it was done in a brutal yet funny fashion, here it was just well... racist. I did love some of the absurd twists late in the game, I'd expect nothing less from a South Park story!

Oh, and I've been playing quite a bit of Yakuza Kiwami. Cleared 5 chapters so far and have reached the "filler" chapter where the story takes a back seat. Not a bad chapter, but I'll be glad when I'm back on the main story path again. The side content continues to be excellent though, which is where my attention has been drawn to for the last few hours! Looks like I might even have the chance to get this one 100%ed faster than usual which would be a nice change!

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  15. Andreas Stalin

shadowman Actually there was a lot of stuff that got me shouting at my tv; “didn’t anyone play test this section before release!” while playing through GR2, and I think the game might have needed a little bit more fine tuning before it got released. I was fine with the stealth missions though and when I realized that the dog would actually act like a real dog and I should treat it like that instead of a robot that mission became a breeze and quite fun really. But camera issues, the lack of lock on in ground combat, and (side) missions where like you said the control set and tool set didn’t quite match the task at hand were all things that got me from a little to very frustrated at times. But I did all the side missions and I think the problems where mostly found there. Apart from one story mission, no not the stealth supply mission but one where the camera and the pointer together completely messed up my sense of direction.

But in spite of these issues the game always managed to win me over by the next segment of play, or just by throwing another sweet Kat idle animation my way.
    I did play the game to the true end but I haven’t done the Raven dlc yet. I have also bought the GR remaster for the PS4 so I might wait until I replay the first game to do that one.

The Yakuza series of games used to be one of my favorite series on the PlayStation but that was until I played Yakuza 5. I think Yakuza 1-4 are all great games and I was really looking forward to be playing the fifth when I heard it would finally get a western release. And then I played it and its just not a very good game. Its overlong, bloated, no focus, too little kazuma and just too fragmented to function as one cohesive game/story even though it tries to tie it all together. And the career/side job thing for each character just didn’t work for me. It’s saying something when I enjoyed
    more than the more traditional Yakuza chapters. I know Yakuza 0 and kiwami is out but I just need a break before diving into that world again, I mean by Yakuza 5 I was really tired of the whole setting. But I hear good things about the new games, so one day...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  16. shadowman

The remaster of GR1 is fantastic. While I love the Vita version dearly, its just better on the PS4. The traditional controls smooth out a couple of bits and the frame rate makes the game really slick. It was a joy to revisit the game. Definitely give it a shot at some point :)

I get your complaints about Yakuza 5 as well. Its certainly a divisive game. I absolutely loved it though, spent 140 hours exactly getting the 100% on that game and I'll end up doing it again in the future I'm sure! The story certainly could have been done better, but I loved all the activities and certain set pieces throughout the game (the end of Kiryu's chapter is still one of the high points in the series for me).

0 is certainly more focused though. Having only two characters that you switch between every two chapters is better than 5 characters. And the story works better as well, in fact the story is one of the best in the series. Kiwami I have a huge soft spot for since its just the first game made better so that instantly makes it awesome for me.

17. Mr Tornado

I finished it over the weekend & it was a strange one for me. I wasn't sure if I was enjoying it or not, but by the time I completed it, I was just getting into the groove of it, if that makes sense. And I wanted more, so I must've liked it! Thankfully no corrupt save files for me either. :)

Flying_Pig and AllHasRed like this.
  18. Andreas Stalin

Just did the exam in Atelier Firis and this is easily my favorite atelier game yet and I have played the full Arland and Dusk trilogies and both of the Mysterious games. Before this one I had Totori and Escha & Logy as my favorites (funny how all my favorite ateliers are the second game in their respective trilogy...), but this one just appealed to me even more with especially the traveling aspect being one of the key factors. You really feel like you’re on a journey. And the game looks absolutely gorgeous. And to top it all Firis is completely adorable, even more so than Escha and her (Japanese) voice actress really hits it out of the park with this one, such a splendid performance. And the writing is just as good.

That this one has the lowest review score of all modern Atelier games is a mystery (he*he) to me. I will keep playing this one for a while, traveling to the parts of the map I haven’t visited yet, doing quests and just enjoy the company of these fantastic characters a bit longer. Highly recommended.

19. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

So nearly finished The Witness - hopefully I'll get some time over the weekend to polish it off.

I'm also playing for a few more trophies on WipEout Omega, although most are far too hard for me :)

20. shadowman

Been playing Mother Russia Bleeds a bit over the last couple of days. Basically think Streets of Rage II crossed with Hotline Miami (in terms of graphics, sound and violence) and you've got MRB. Brilliant fun as well, though its a bit of a chore to play sometimes on the highest difficulty. Its got some great set pieces and I can see me dipping in and out of it from time to time when I feel like it. Also started Hellblade which I'm really liking. Its puzzles are clever, the snippets of Norse history are really interesting and the combat, while not incredibly deep suit the game perfectly. Best played with headphones for sure.

Also played more DJMax Respect. Its so damn good, 100 hours later and I'm still improving (insanely slowly though!). Can't wait for the next batch of DLC either, that's a day 1 purchase.

Oh, and tons of Yakuza Kiwami. 50 hours later and I'm sitting at 90% completion. On the last chapter and really just have a couple of mini games left and a bit of grinding for weapons which I'll clear up in Premium Adventure mode. Still one of my favourite entries in the series and a great remake of the original game. So looking forward to Kiwami 2 in December.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  21. Andreas Stalin

Ended up playing Atelier Firis until I unlocked the true ending. It was a delightful experience. I’m even more hyped for Atelier Lydie & Suelle now.
    Next up another pretty gust game, Blue Reflection.

22. KaiserDragon

@Andreas Stalin Congrats on finishing Atelier Firis.

I do not have plan to play her this year but just curious, do Atelier Firis also have the time limit features? I understand it's regular part of Atelier's game, but sometimes it's also feels like some kind of restriction for me.

I'm interested in trying Blue Reflection too. Seems like a Shōjo game but the ARTWORKS is definitely my type.

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  23. Andreas Stalin

KaiserDragon thanks! Regarding the time limit in Atelier games. I think the only atelier game where the time limit became a problem for me was Atelier Totori because traveling took so long. Atelier Shallie and Atelier Sophie have no time limits at all. In Atelier Firis there is a time limit of one year for the first part of the game, after that there are no time limit at all. And it has to be said the time limit for the first part of the game is very lenient so you should have no problems finishing your task(s), after that you are free to roam. For me that was perfect, it brought some sense of direction and discipline to the first part and then it opened up completely for the second part, which I really liked. For me it was perfectly structured. It’s my favorite atelier game because of the traveling aspect even though other games in the series have better characters and more advanced crafting.

Agreed on the art style of blue reflection, the game looks gorgeous. Just started it today but yeah I’m already blown away by it’s beauty.
    The last three games I have played (Gravity Rush 2, Atelier Firis and Blue Reflection) are all really great looking games which all have a distinct art direction and style. 2017 so far has been a fantastic year for gaming, and I have yet to play Persona 5 and Nier: automata which also are two very stylish looking titles.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    KaiserDragon likes this.
  24. shadowman

Finished off Yakuza Kiwami this week. Main story, completion list, Haruka Trust and Climax Missions have all been 100%ed, only one trophy left for a legend difficulty run. But since Kiwami 2 is out in under 4 weeks I'll just wait and get stuck into that instead of replaying Kiwami.

Now playing Tembo, and its a bit of a slog to play. Platforming is excellent, combat sucks. And the game throws too much combat at you. I'll try it again but can see me either rushing to finish this or just giving up on it completely if it annoys me much more.

Also still playing DJ Max. Focusing on 6B mode now, and its excellent. The perfect mix of difficulty and fun, and much better than 5B. Almost done with the gold score trophy, and have passed the 450 Max Combo's mark for songs (need 500 for the trophy). Mission mode is still a nightmare!

KaiserDragon likes this.
  25. KaiserDragon

@Andreas Stalin. I see, Thank you for the information. It's great to hear that some of them have no time-limit, I didn't expect to hear Totori has a problem with time-limit though as It seems that Totori is the most liked by the masses (citation needed).

I'm currently stuck on chapter two with Rorona so I'm not sure when I will be playing a new Atelier (Looks like it's already a landslide for me). Although with no connection outside of the trilogy, I may make the jump to the recent one first after finishing Rorona.

"it brought some sense of direction and discipline". Hahaha these put a smile on my face. I myself also prefer an open-world with this kind of treatment, playing western open-world game like FallOut makes me feel like "I'm being thrown into the middle of a unknown jungle".

Andreas Stalin Have you played Yoru No Nai Kuni by any chance? if you haven't, I do recommend you to give her a try especially after considering those games you mentioned. Cut-scenes may need some works but the Artworks (especially last boss) and Scores are really beautiful. Plus we get a super nice bonus for finishing the game.

@shadowman. Haha it looks like you are cruising as usual. By the way, did you decide to play "Taiko no Tatsujin"? and what's with that "Elephant" on your Trophy card?