What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

More Kingdom Hearts progress made. Beat Phantom (not that hard, just need to juggle enough supplies so that magic doesn't run out) and also beat the Ice Titan. Also found the keyhole in 100 Acre Woods. Only stuff left to do is the Mysterious Man fight in Hollow Bastion and Sephiroth in the arena... yeah, no problems there!

Unlocked more stuff in Yakuza Kiwami 2 as well. Can now fight the new NJPW characters in the arena, and the fights are pretty darn tough! Going to return to these fights later when I'm ready to fight Amon!

2. shadowman

Played through What Remains of Edith Finch. Its a walking sim at heart, with some really cool ideas in terms of story telling. I loved it, unlike Everybody's Gone to Rapture - the story was actually gripping, I was genuinely invested in the mystery and I loved the way each story felt unique in its approach to gameplay/visuals. Its still on sale at discount for a couple more days, well worth buying in my opinion. Not sure which digital game I'll tackle next, but I think I'll get Kingdom Hearts finished this week (well, at least its story!)

3. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

Finished Nier: Automata so far that I got (most of) the endings I wanted. This game is something else, and the way it ties into the original Nier towards the end is a nice bonus for those that played the first Nier game (which also of course ties into the Drakengard series in subtle ways).

I don’t know if I’m quite ready to let go of Nier: Automata just yet so I might spent some more time poking around it’s intriguing world.

Next up is going to be Uncharted 4 I guess.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  4. shadowman

Kingdom Hearts story/optional bosses all finished. Really fun stuff all round. Will finish off a few other games then move onto the next KH game on the PS4 collection.

Speaking of which, I'm back playing Nioh, finished off the first DLC (incredibly hard boss fight against Date included!) and moved onto the second DLC/Abyss mode. Levelled up some more, cleared all the base game missions and got a really awesome Tonfa weapon. Only got a couple of missions left now in the DLC, I'm expecting the bosses to beat me down for sure a few times, the DLC bosses as a whole have all been really tough. Awesome game, enjoyed this one so much over the last year or so.

5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

On the final Chapter of Uncharted 4 now & what a blast it's been. Kind of sad to finish the game.

6. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm mixing my time between Gran Turismo Sport (best GT game since #4), The Talos Principle and MineCraft Story Mode :)

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Finished Uncharted 4 & decided to play Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition which includes COD Modern Warfare. It only cost me a tenner, so I'll blast through the singleplayer campaigns over the next few days.

8. Andreas Stalin

Played through Uncharted 4. It’s pretty I’ll give it that, the attention to detail is staggering and the art direction splendid. And some of the climbing sequences were really good. But apart from that this is not a good game in my eyes.

Gameplay got stale after about four chapters, story is forgettable, almost everything that happens are exactly what you’ll expect, some of the shoot outs are a chore and by the last couple of chapters you’re just pressing X automatically in the climbing segments.

It’s like they just didn’t know what to do with the game and everything just repeats over and over as you move through the beautifully rendered landscapes. By the end I just wanted to get it over with (and of course the final “boss” fight is the epitome of unimaginative and idiotic, way to go ND!).

It’s just like with TLOU which also had really stale gameplay but at least it made up for it with splendid characters and great writing. That doesn’t happen with U4, story is boring (pirates, really?!) and characters are stick figures. Hopefully this is the last Uncharted main line game so that naughty dog can move their considerable talent to something more worthwhile.

Lots of Uncharted 4 plays like a glorified walking simulator so I’m gonna go for the real deal next. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter it is then, just have to play through the epilogue of U4 first.

Terramax likes this.
  9. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

To me, this is what 99% of all big budget games have been for about 10+ years now. I stopped caring about games with so-called 'amazing' graphics a long while ago and now am very suspicious of such games. The last time I remember being really blown away by graphics was Far Cry 2. Before that, it was Myst IV: Exile which, not only did it look great, but had imaginative design, something which games nowadays know nothing about. It's all about realism.

As for Uncharted, I honestly don't understand how people claim to be amazed by seeing the same jungle visuals again and again, but only slightly improved with every installment. And from what I've played of demos, have never found the gun action gameplay fun either. And don't get me started on how the climbing sections are just boring filler to needlessly pad out the length.

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  10. Andreas Stalin

Finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and while I appreciate this kind of storytelling and the serene style of gameplay, the needle in a haystack searching for clues and the last part being more or less on rails drags it down. All in all a pretty good experience that do not overstay it’s welcome.

Next up is....I’m not actually quite sure. Maybe Dark Rose Valkyrie?