What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished Nier: Automata so far that I got (most of) the endings I wanted. This game is something else, and the way it ties into the original Nier towards the end is a nice bonus for those that played the first Nier game (which also of course ties into the Drakengard series in subtle ways).

I don’t know if I’m quite ready to let go of Nier: Automata just yet so I might spent some more time poking around it’s intriguing world.

Next up is going to be Uncharted 4 I guess.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts story/optional bosses all finished. Really fun stuff all round. Will finish off a few other games then move onto the next KH game on the PS4 collection.

Speaking of which, I'm back playing Nioh, finished off the first DLC (incredibly hard boss fight against Date included!) and moved onto the second DLC/Abyss mode. Levelled up some more, cleared all the base game missions and got a really awesome Tonfa weapon. Only got a couple of missions left now in the DLC, I'm expecting the bosses to beat me down for sure a few times, the DLC bosses as a whole have all been really tough. Awesome game, enjoyed this one so much over the last year or so.

3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

On the final Chapter of Uncharted 4 now & what a blast it's been. Kind of sad to finish the game.

4. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm mixing my time between Gran Turismo Sport (best GT game since #4), The Talos Principle and MineCraft Story Mode :)

5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Finished Uncharted 4 & decided to play Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition which includes COD Modern Warfare. It only cost me a tenner, so I'll blast through the singleplayer campaigns over the next few days.

DojoDan likes this.
  6. Andreas Stalin

Played through Uncharted 4. It’s pretty I’ll give it that, the attention to detail is staggering and the art direction splendid. And some of the climbing sequences were really good. But apart from that this is not a good game in my eyes.

Gameplay got stale after about four chapters, story is forgettable, almost everything that happens are exactly what you’ll expect, some of the shoot outs are a chore and by the last couple of chapters you’re just pressing X automatically in the climbing segments.

It’s like they just didn’t know what to do with the game and everything just repeats over and over as you move through the beautifully rendered landscapes. By the end I just wanted to get it over with (and of course the final “boss” fight is the epitome of unimaginative and idiotic, way to go ND!).

It’s just like with TLOU which also had really stale gameplay but at least it made up for it with splendid characters and great writing. That doesn’t happen with U4, story is boring (pirates, really?!) and characters are stick figures. Hopefully this is the last Uncharted main line game so that naughty dog can move their considerable talent to something more worthwhile.

Lots of Uncharted 4 plays like a glorified walking simulator so I’m gonna go for the real deal next. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter it is then, just have to play through the epilogue of U4 first.

Terramax likes this.
  7. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

To me, this is what 99% of all big budget games have been for about 10+ years now. I stopped caring about games with so-called 'amazing' graphics a long while ago and now am very suspicious of such games. The last time I remember being really blown away by graphics was Far Cry 2. Before that, it was Myst IV: Exile which, not only did it look great, but had imaginative design, something which games nowadays know nothing about. It's all about realism.

As for Uncharted, I honestly don't understand how people claim to be amazed by seeing the same jungle visuals again and again, but only slightly improved with every installment. And from what I've played of demos, have never found the gun action gameplay fun either. And don't get me started on how the climbing sections are just boring filler to needlessly pad out the length.

DojoDan and Andreas Stalin like this.
  8. Andreas Stalin

Finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and while I appreciate this kind of storytelling and the serene style of gameplay, the needle in a haystack searching for clues and the last part being more or less on rails drags it down. All in all a pretty good experience that do not overstay it’s welcome.

Next up is....I’m not actually quite sure. Maybe Dark Rose Valkyrie?

9. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I felt the same about Ethan Carter. Different and enjoyable but not wholly remarkable. I just randomly picked up God of War 3 on PS4 and I’d say I’m 3/4 of the way through it. (Just beat the giant scorpion) I actually love it... to my great surprise

10. shadowman

More time spent on Yakuza Kiwami 2. Finished the story but still have a ton of side stuff to complete. Almost done with the side stories, then it'll be onto finishing the remaining mini games. Such an awesome game :)

Also been playing through Super Hot. Its a really clever puzzle/FPS game where the enemies only move/react when you move, its a great concept that makes for an equally great game. Tons of post game content as well.

Lastly, also been playing Gran Turismo Sport. Thanks to the patching in of more content, I've got more than enough to last me for a while here, and the game plays sublime. Plus all the training/tutorial stuff is actively helping me get better.

JoSoap and KaiserDragon like this.
  11. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I've been putting my KH 3D (from the 2.8 remix) on a low fire for a little while, but find myself getting back to it time and time again. It did take a little while to get used to the Flowmotion mechanics (and honestly, I still bump more into walls than I actually move anywhere I want to), but it does make for a nice aesthetic.

12. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Finished God of War 3 at the weekend and just ordered Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook from ShopTo for £16.85. Never played one before and really looking forward to it.

shadowman likes this.
  13. shadowman

Yakuza 0 is the better starting point than Kiwami in terms of plot (0 is a prequel to Kiwami and does an amazing job of giving several characters more backstory), but hopefully you'll really enjoy the game :)
    I'm getting closer to finishing Kiwami 2 now. Most side stuff is done, and I have just 3 side stories left (Amon 2-4), for me its still probably the best game series out there (well, maybe second best depending on how good Mega Man 11 ends up being!)

JoSoap likes this.
  14. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Yeah but just couldn’t resist the price! I might not even get into it but hopefully will

shadowman likes this.
  15. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

Monster Hunter World. I have the Japanese version which came with my PS4 and, fortunately, it has an option for English subtitles.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Got nearly 3 hours of Yakuza Kiwami squeezed in yesterday and it’s really good. Like nothing I’ve really played before and totally bonkers to boot

17. shadowman

Yeah, that's the perfect description of Yakuza alright! Just keep in mind, if you've not already done so buy the Kiwami heat move upgrades asap. Bosses will heal and the only ways to knock them out of their healing phase is either using the Kiwami moves, or using a weapon based heat move (any will do). They didn't explain this particularly well in the tutorial, they give you all the moves and rip them away from you after chapter 1-2.
    Glad your enjoying it :)

18. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Dude seriously I was just fighting the big bald guy at the funeral and I was looking through the tutorials again to find out how to stop the asshole from recharging lol it ended up being much longer than it had to. I initially thought they were charging a special move so I ran away! Such an ass! Lol

19. shadowman

Yeah, its really badly explained. Every time I see someone playing Kiwami for the first time I make sure to answer this as its so easily missed. Also, just a general rule - the rush fighting style is excellent for boss fights, especially the faster ones as it lets you dodge and get behind them really quick. You'll see what I mean soon enough!

Anyway, I've been finishing off Kiwami 2. Everything bar the last couple of enforcer missions have been completed. Then its onto the Majima story chapter and I'll have done everything. It only took me 100 hours!
    I've also been playing Dragon Ball Fighterz. Its brilliant, this is the DBZ game I've wanted for years, and unsurprisingly ASW delivered. Now if they can just fix the garbage lobby system I'll be happy! I'm no good playing online though, the game is just way too fast paced to understand what's going on. The AI gives you a tiny bit of breathing room, other humans do not. Nightmare!

20. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve been using rush for 90 percent of the time. Even when fighting multiple dudes it seems to flow much better dashing around to attack another guy whilst at the same time dodging some asshole swinging a pipe. Thanks for the tips. Had spent my upgrade points already but after an hour or so playing I had enough then to buy all the essences

21. shadowman

Beast is also excellent for crowd control. It auto picks up weapons if you just start punching thin air. So swapping to beast mode near a sign, a sofa or other large weapons and starting to punch = anything within a mile radius dead real quick! Plus later on you get some really awesome counter moves for the stances which are lots of fun.

22. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Keep the wisdom coming!

23. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

How online-oriented is this one? I'm interested in buying but might hold it if it is too much multiplayer-focused.

I don't really like spending time waiting in "lobbys" just to hunt for specific materials with no guaratee drop added to that.

I do enjoy the BETA but the HARD-level quest requires me to utilize multi-player in order to finish it. (Although I understand that you are not allowed to access equipment upgrade during the BETA).

24. Andreas Stalin

Finished Dark Rose Valkyrie, this game is seriously underrated. It got pretty bad reviews all around but I think it was really quite good. Characters were good, battle system was fun and the art really nice.

I just got me a Switch and I’m waiting for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to arrive in the mail so I probably will play that next or maybe a Vita game, have to check what I have left to play of what I own for the system.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Flying_Pig likes this.
  25. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I am not really sure how much online playing is required, however since you can now play with people around the world I think finding the right quest/group should be easier if needed.