What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the information. I see, Alright...I will most probably give this one a try.

2. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After catching up with the Metal Gear saga by playing through the HD collection on the Vita it’s finally time to fire up MGS V: the Phantom Pain. I’m really looking forward to this one!

zodaex likes this.
  3. Lethal

Lethal Well-Known Member

Playing Monster Hunter World. This game is so good I can't stand it.

zodaex likes this.
  4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Mainly playing Monster Hunter World at the moment. Taking things slow and learning the monsters attack patterns while forging better armour and weapons. Really loving the game, I've never really played the series before, but this has some improvements that make it easier for me to get into. No doubt I'll be playing it for a very long time.

I've also been playing more Superhot. Ran though the "throwing" challenge set today. Brilliant. Makes the game insanely fast paced and very fun!

TriOpticon likes this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Only took me a week to open my ps4 box. Sooo on that note I played Track Mania Turbo tonight. Liking it so far! I happened to pick up Track Mania on the Wii in CeX recently as well randomly. Didn't even know that one existed!

Flying_Pig likes this.
  6. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I really liked TMT for the first few series', but it gets really hard by the mid-point, and is coupled with very high requirements to unlock future levels. As such, I never got to finish it, but did enjoy it while it lasted :)

DojoDan likes this.
  7. shadowman

Picked up the pace on Monster Hunter. Want to get my hunter rank up more to do more of the optional events (especially the Horizon one coming up at the end of the month). Made it to Rotten Vale. Already crafted a piece of armor that protects me from the poison gas that permeates the air, its so darn handy when exploring certain regions. Love the creatures that inhabit the region, especially the huge spiky creature that would certainly give Mega Man nightmares! This game is already vying for at least "best boss fights in any 2018 game" if not my overall game of the year. Its that good.

8. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Just picked up Sprint Vector which came out today on PSN. This game is a total riot! One of the most fun VR games I've played.

It's futuristic-style super fast free running with gameplay similar to Mario Kart, with weapons, lots of shortcuts etc. You have to use the move controllers to propel yourself forward, jump extremely high and glide through the air which makes it a pretty great workout. After playing about two hours I can barely lift my arms right now!

The levels are extremely intricate and I'm sure you can spend hours figuring out the best routes to get through them in the fastest possible time.

Haven't seen this game advertised much (probably cause VR only), but if you have the chance, do check it out!

Also got my Kickstarter CE of Kingdom Come: Deliverance today which I'll hopefully dig in soon. So much stuff to play right now it's not even funny!

KaiserDragon and DankZaku like this.
  9. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Member

Well my wife and I are both trying to out farm each other in Stardew Valley lol

10. DojoDan

Currently hooked on Neurovoider. I seem to be no good at it tho.

11. KaiserFoxHD

KaiserFoxHD Gaming's not an addiction, It's a lifestyle

As of right now I'm trying to wrap up The Silver Case, before The 25th Ward comes out. This visual novel is highly over looked and yet it's so damn gripping.
    [​IMG]

zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  12. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'm still chipping away at Asdevine Hearts when I can find the time. I've been pretty busy lately but managed to put in a lot of hours over the weekend.

13. Andreas Stalin

Chapter 1 of The Phantom Pain done. Onward to chapter 2.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  14. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I haven’t played Yakuza Kiwami in a few weeks. Need to get back into it although my brother just bought Shadow of the Colossus yesterday and stole away my PS4 to play it lol

15. shadowman

Had a decent week with my PS4. Mainly been playing:

Monster Hunter World: Reached the high rank side of things. Managed to take down a few high rank monsters so far, the best being a Diablos that I never expected to beat (that was a long and brutal fight!) So satisfying to beat him though! Definitely an early contender for game of the year, its just so darn good. I've put 50 hours into it so far, I can see me playing another 50 easily. I'm aiming for most of the trophies, but am taking my time with the game.

Shadow of the Colossus: 4 bosses beaten, remembering why I love this game so much. The remake is so great, looks and plays amazingly good. Nice length as well, not a game that will take me tons of time to finish but I'll enjoy every minute of it!

Fist of the North Star (Hokuto Ga Gotoku): Sega's RGG studio takes their Yakuza formula and uses it to make a FOTNS game. The results are predictably awesome! I spent most of yesterday playing the demo, mainly just getting the combat down. Combat is very fast and smooth, finisher moves look fantastic and are great fun to perform, the game will have tons of content that you get for standard in the Yakuza series and the game looks very close to the manga (especially character models). So glad the full game is out in a couple of weeks, I can't wait!

16. Andreas Stalin

Finished all the non-repeating missions in chapter 2 of The Phantom Pain, that was kind of an anticlimactic “ending” if you could even call it that. Chapter 2 had a lot of touching movements, in particular one mission stands out in that regard, but felt quite unfinished overall and I actually wish there was a little bit more closure to the story.

It was a great experience though, reminded me quite a bit of the ps2 game Mercenaries which I have fond memories of. Still got some side ops and higher difficulty main missions to do but I’m not sure I’m gonna linger much longer, I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 waiting for me on my Switch and it’s getting harder and harder to resist. I might return to it later though to develope my mother base even further and try out different strategies and weapons while roaming the sandboxy open world of Afghanistan and Africa.

(Btw how do I do spoiler tags on this board?)

Edit checking my mission list I realized there is one mission I have not yet unlocked, guess I got a little more play to do.....

Edit 2 there, finished it. That tied up some loose ends and also brought some kind of closure. Now time to move on. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is next.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  17. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Coming to the end of Uncharted The Lost Legacy & have absolutely loved it. Beautiful looking & just such fun to play.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  18. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

That game continues to lament in my backlog... need to fix that

19. shadowman

If it makes you feel better, its a pretty short game if you just play the story without exploring. Its fantastic as well, I loved every minute of it.

Anyway, Played more SOTC today. Spent most of my time trying to figure out exactly how to reach the 5th Colossus. Finally managed it, still one of my favourite bosses in the game, and in this remake its an even better visual spectacle than before. Amazing stuff. Now all ready to fight the 6th Colossus. Such a great remake :)

Also played more Monster Hunter World. Been capturing a few more monsters which unlock a few more bonus arena fights. Its really hard to put this game down, its so darn addictive when it comes to fighting monsters, and I've still not finished the main game yet (and even then, there's still so much more to do).

20. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Played through the Fist of the Yakuza demo yesterday too. This game is really shaping up to be awesome - of course that's kind of a given, coming from the Yakuza people. Kiryu makes for a great Kenshiro, and the whole Yakuza thing applied to this source material is a match made in heaven. Loved discovering all the different finishing moves as well, really made me excited to watch the anime again! I just wish I wasn't such a lazy bum with learning Japanese, since I'm missing out on anything that isn't in Katakana or the most preschool level of the language, so I really hope they localize this and licensing won't make it stay JP-exclusive. Still might pick up a Japanese copy some time after it comes out to tide me over until then (and maybe pick up one or two phrases besides "omare wa mou shindeiru")!

Other than that, I downloaded Gungrave VR which came out in English (or rather, as it turns out, Engrish) on the Hong Kong PSN last week. I was hoping it would be a fast-paced action affair like the PS2 games, but the few sections that let you actually walk around by yourself in third-person feel kind of sluggish. There's lots of flashy effects and explosions and everything and the graphics look nice and stylized, but it's woefully short and missing a real sense of cohesion. Of the five stages, only two let you run around the small levels, and still, the first-person sections where you're standing (or hovering, in one stage) in one spot while enemy waves keep coming in are the most exciting ones because there is just so much going on all the time. Since all aiming is done via head movement my neck got kind of sore while figuring out how to beat the monstrously large final boss! That's the best part about the game though - having to figure out what you even have to do/learn the attack patterns to beat the boss enemies that get progressively harder. Haven't really played a game that challenges you like that in VR yet. Unfortunately though, after I figured out that all you have to do is keep the combo meter full at all times, i. e. not use any special moves, and pretty much get a guaranteed SS rank for every stage, there is not much in the way of replayability outside of two higher than normal difficulty modes. Considering the price (around 22 €/25 $) this would be one to wait for a sale on!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  21. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I played Overwatch last week when it was free to try for PS+. Man, that was awesome and SO HARD. I loved it most when I was playing with my brother online (in part because we sucked similarly xD). I'll probably get it in the coming months.

Also played Bastion on both the PS4 and the Vita. That was a true blast. I'm uncertain whether I'll go for the platinum on here though. Those challenges with all Idols activated are TOUGH AS BALLS!

22. shadowman

Glad you liked it as well :) The Yakuza formula really does work great with FOTNS - I still can't get over how nice the combat feels in the game - a more zany version of Yakuza with some flashier finishers and more aerial moves. Awesome stuff! Plus the fact that they've overhauled mini games to work within the FOTNS material looks really funny (baseball and the rhythm action game especially, and the arcade games are still in which makes me super happy). I already have a feeling on who the final boss will be - I mean, who else but Raoh right? Can't wait to see how great the boss fights are in the game, I expect some real epic stuff. Plus some of the optional fights sound like really nice nods to the Yakuza series, going by the trophy list.

AllHasRed likes this.
  23. DojoDan

I've been playing Wolfenstein new blood. I had credit at cex and fancied an fps. Its ok so far. The stealthy bits I find difficult but the gunplay is good. Im not a huge fan of set pieces in games (my simple brain never progressed further than Doom) but its not bad. Going to pick up Drive Club next I think. In need of an arcadey racer.

DankZaku likes this.
  24. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Just started the other day the first SAO game, Hollow Fragment.
    Don't know how much I'll play it, I've been busy with the PC lately and all the Borderlands games xP

DankZaku likes this.
  25. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Still beavering away at Gran Turismo Sport - although I'm still only really playing the single-player modes. I have also now finished the original 5 chapters of Minecraft Story Mode (and have the Platinum trophy to show for it!), albeit with another 3 to go. I've also made some more progress on The Talos Principle (finishing 'A' section) - I'm enjoying this far more than I enjoyed The Witness - mainly due to a greater variety in the puzzles and also it doesn't make me feel stupid, as The Witness did...