What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Pretty much done with Gran Turismo Sport now - I completed the last of the challenges last night, so just a few of the single lap challenges to do.

It's easily been my favourite GT since the PS2 days, but it's not as fun as DriveClub!

DojoDan likes this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Made some great progress yesterday. SOTC platinum'ed (amazing), Monster Hunter World's story mode finished (again, amazing) and I finally started Skyrim (which is going to be huge, I can tell). I'm still playing MHW as well, still so much to see and do despite spending 90+ hours playing the story mode. Definitely converted me into a fan of the series, Capcom did a great job with this game.

TheAtom and KaiserDragon like this.
  3. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Senran Kagura Burst Re Newal

great fun, played Hanzo academy so far, just finishing off the bonus levels before I switch to Crimson Squad

lots of fun to play, graphics are very nice!

TheAtom likes this.
  4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Does it feel like an upgrade compared to EV/PBS??

Oh! If you understand a bit of Japanese, do you feel like there's a decent amount of new content compared to the 3DS version?

5. shadowman

Skyrim has been my main game this last week. Its great, and bad at times. The combat is not good, its the one thing I can't stand in the game. I'm used to many games with really solid battle systems and this is the complete opposite. So difficulty has been turned down to make it more fun.
    The rest of the game? Amazing. The world looks fantastic, the music is both peaceful and epic (to suit the slower exploration or intense dragon battles). And there is just so much going on in the world - stumbling across missions, overhearing conversations or just getting approached by strangers out of the blue. Tons of quests to do with tons of interesting stories to be told - this is what I loved in Oblivion and they've managed it here as well. I can see me playing this tons just to see as much as I can.

Also, I finally managed to finish Monster Hunter Worlds story "mode". 95 hours all told, now onto the post game stuff. Its so good, easily my game of the year at the moment.

6. Flying_Pig

Lots of Burnout Paradise Remastered

I had (and loved) the original on PS3 and am really enjoying the remastered version - it looks great and plays brilliantly. Most of all it's a ton of fun!

7. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

I can’t seem to completely let go of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet, I still have more quests to do, affinity to get, blade set ups to test and one rare blade is still eluding me. I guess I will stay with the titans for a while. There’s also new game + and story dlc coming out later this year.

Gonna start up Rise of the Tomb Raider anyway, now with the announcement of the next game in the rebooted series launching in September it seems like the right time. The first reboot surprised me by how good I think it was and I still remember it foundly, hopefully this one gives me some of the same feelings I experienced with the first one.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  8. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

SG Zombie Hunters. I appreciate devs making games but the ps4 is more capable than a whole ton of games that are released. SGZH still has slow down and yet it looks like a ps2 game. In fact Black on ps2 looks far far better. Plain textures and controls just feel so generic compared to the more accomplished 3rd person shooters. Wish it was just slicker.

9. shadowman

Hokuto Ga Gotoku. It takes Fist of the North Star characters, Yakuza gameplay templates and tweaks the battle system to suit the franchise its based on. In theory, this game would be game of the year for me. After playing it. Its definitely game of the year for me. Its just so darn good.

10. Andreas Stalin

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and it was fantastic! Strange how much I prefer this to Uncharted 4. Two games with very much similar gameplay, you climb stuff and you shoot stuff and solve some puzzles along the way, can be so different in execution. While I dreaded my time with Nathan Drake and couldn’t wait for that game to end, I was delighted to guide miss Croft in her search for the divine source.

I think it all lies in the balance and how the gameplay is structured. In Tomb Raider everything feels very organic and natural and like you are in charge of how things are gonna turn out, in Uncharted it all feels mechanical and like the game is forcing you down a path and a way to play that you cannot stray from.

The rebooted Tomb Raider has been a delight so far and hopefully it continues to be with Shadow of the Tomb Raider even if they are changing developer.

TheAtom and Flying_Pig like this.
  11. Flying_Pig

Nearly finished Burnout Paradise - just a few more (multiplayer) trophies needed for the platinum and I want to do the Bikes DLC as well.

Then I can start Shadow of the Colossus!!

12. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I'm urghhh 75 hours into Ni No Kuni 2 after a week and a half, almost near the end, absolutely loving it, they have put so much content into this game, I am really impressed with it.

13. Flying_Pig

Pretty much done with Burnout Paradise Remastered - it's really just the online trophies which are causing me so much grief - playing online with Randoms is painful, as there always seem to be at least 1 person who doesn't participate in the challenges, or just drives around crashing into everyone else... I'm slowly getting there, but I fear that the trophy for meeting up with 7 other players in the baseball stadium will be almost impossible :(

Still, that aside, Paradise is brilliant fun, with a huge amount of content. My kids love it too :)

14. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

It might be more trouble than it's worth, but I've seen a bunch of boosting sessions for the Burnout remaster on PSNProfiles lately. A lot of people seem to be looking to get those and the site makes it quite easy to join in. Don't know if you're as deep in the trophy hunting mire as me to consider doing it that way, but I've had some good experiences there linking up with people for otherwise dead multiplayer modes or unreasonably luck-based online trophies in the past!

15. Flying_Pig

Thanks - I'll take a look :D

16. shadowman

On the final story chapter of Fist of the North Star. Its been a great ride (if a tad short). Boss fights have been excellent and I love the combat (its probably the best base combat of any Yakuza game) and I still have plenty of post game stuff to do.

17. Flying_Pig

Thank you for the suggestion - I managed to join a boosting session through True Trophies, and got the Platinum trophy last night :D

Everyone was actually very decent and focused on working together to get the trophies we all wanted.

Now that Burnout Paradise Remastered is done, I just need to polish off a few more events on Gran Turismo Sport and then I'll be cracking on with Shadow of the Colossus:)

AllHasRed likes this.
  18. Andreas Stalin

Started playing Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online. So far it’s been one of the most chill games I’ve played in a while, like a soft summer breeze it lulls you into a state of utter bliss.

19. shadowman

God of War. I think I'm getting close to the end. Its been a wild ride, really good indeed. Amazing combat, its also a great world to get lost in. Tons of side stuff to do as well.

Also 100%ed the completion list in Hokuto Ga Gotoku, That took some serious grinding at the end there... amazing game but darn are a couple of the completion list goals crazy. Glad every Yakuza game doesn't force you to get absolutely everything! The hidden bosses are excellent though, glad I left one until the very end!

20. Andreas Stalin

Reached the first ending of 4 Goddesses Online. This is a game with beautiful character design, chill music and lots of references to gaming and otaku culture. It’s pretty relaxing. There is obviously more of it so I’ll keep playing.

Edit. Reached the second ending. Tons of post-game quests just unlocked which I might or might not do. Tokyo Xanadu on the Vita next up.

Btw the costumes for Rom and Ram (both standard and unlockable) in this game are amazing.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  21. Flying_Pig

Starting Shadow of the Colossus this week :)

Although I also need to finish season 1 of Minecraft Story Mode...:p

shadowman likes this.
  22. TheAtom

Man, Neptunia on the PS4 is something else visually! I'll have to get into that as well after I've gone through all my Vita entries that are still left (which is a ton, even excluding U: Action Unleashed that I'm almost done with). I feel like leaving it always as a step up may be best xD

I've manned up, and broke through the fearsome intimidation of Dragon Age: Inquisition. My wife already finished it once, but these types of huge open world games are more her thing than mine (she grew up playing Neverwinter Nights, I grew up playing Pokémon, pretty much), and I must admit it's still somewhat intimidating; the sheer size of the game and all the options sometimes leave me wanting something simpler.

It's a really great game though. The visuals are very impressive, and the story/dialogue you encounter is definitely worthwhile. Compared to The Withcher 3 though, I find the sidequests to feel somewhat empty so far. It doesn't really feel like I'm getting swept up in completely separate storylines, with fleshed out characters of their own, as a lot of quests in The Witcher 3 do. I ramped up the difficulty, which makes the battles feel more like some sort of small-scale Age of Empires than an ARPG at times (due to the awesome tactical view they have), and I'm loving it. I have had to redo quite some battles already, but the checkpoints are very nicely placed right before the battles start, giving you an opportunity to run away if you'd like as well. After a few tries, changing up strategies, luring the enemy out one by one or putting them in a worse position or something like that however, it all works out beautifully. If I happen to finish this game, my wife's hard work in her playthrough gives us a platinum trophy as well, so that'd be cool! :D

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Andreas Stalin and Flying_Pig like this.
  23. shadowman

Finished God of War. Excellent game. Now working on the optional content which is also incredibly fun, nice to have a huge single player action game packed with plenty of decent optional content.

TheAtom likes this.
  24. TheAtom

How does it relate to the original 3?

Gameplay-wise it seems to be a complete break with the original formula, with the 3rd person perspective, rather than the more cinematic overview camera. Content-wise it also seems to break. Though family issues have always played a background role, it's never been quite on the foreground as this. It's always been more of a madman who took the "Your arms are too short to box with God" with a bigger grain of salt than can be found in your average fast food meal, who ends up fucking up his own family relations in the process of his own personal vengeance streak. It was the story of the person who fights endlessly for revenge, but finds that he lost everything in the process, while he wasn't looking. Or while he couldn't, blinded with rage. There's something intensely gripping about that, with emphasis on intense.

And now everything looks like it's some sort of subtly emotional father-son thing, with the war-veteran father he never really understood much else but extremes, with the "kill, kill kill" extreme being a little more present than the "love, love, love" extreme, but really just a little. But, of course, parenting doesn't work in extremes, does it? There's a lot of subtleties to raising a proper child, and there's a lot of difficult ways in which children look up to their fathers, etc. etc. It just doesn't feel very God of War-y.

But that's just me going off the few bits of trailers I've seen here and there. So I was wondering what you thought of it?? :D

25. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm hooked on Shantae Half Genie Hero. I bought the first physical release a while back but recently received the newly released Ultimate Ed. Can't believe it's taken this long for me to get around to it. Such a well made game. I really wish they'd bring Wendy Every Witch Way back.