What are you currently playing on your PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Flying_Pig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. PixelKnot

PixelKnot Well-Known Member

I will soon be starting to play the Yakuza franchise. I have bought all four releases on PS4 from an Amazon discount.

Still in the middle of completing Knack 2.

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  2. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Finally playing The Sly Cooper Collection and quite frankly it's my first time playing the Sly games and I must say I'm overjoyed of how great this game is. It brings me back to the early 2000 days man! Such good gameplay, graphics, story, loveable characters and art style. Truth be told, I used to marvel over this game in the Game Informer magazine hay days but I never played the game until 2019. Funny right! I'm pleased with this game and hopefully I'll finish all of them on my fav handheld of ALL times!!

Terramax likes this.
  3. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

So, uh, are you playing them on your PS4, or Vita? You seem to be implying the latter at the end of your post.

Funnily enough, it was only yesterday that I remembered I downloaded all 3 in a sale YEARS ago. I started the first title but got stuck very early on and, to be honest, wasn`t that enthusiastic. Never got round to playing the 2nd or 3rd one, and wondered if it was worth redownloading one of those two and giving it another crack of the whip.

I was inspired to buy by Caddicarus` now very old videos of the series (back when he wasn`t a douchebag obsessed with subscriptions and throwing out any old crap on his channel). Check them out if you have the time. In fact I might have to give them another watch to get me in the mood for playing them.

And, in other news, I read that the PS4 has since become the second-highest selling home console of all-time, even beating out the Wii? Didn`t know the console was selling that well!

Roscoe Jones and zodaex like this.
  4. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Oh, VITA of course hence why I'm a memeber of the Lounge but yeah I'd say give it another try. It's super fun. I may go for the Platinum. I believe I'm driven by a sense of nostalgia for the good old days of REAl gaming. I miss those days...so innocent. This game reminds me of why I'm a video game loving connoisseur! It's about the experience and having fun!

5. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After playing Monster Hunter games almost exclusively for a little bit over a year I’m now at a point in MHW: Iceborne where I have done optional quests up until MR200 (that’s the last “level requirement (MR200 in this case)” quest released for now), and I’m pretty much where I want to be in that game. I’ll probably keep playing it daily but not as much as before.

That makes room for other games (finally!). So I’ve started Death End re;quest and it looks just as fantastic as I though it would. The art style is simply breathtaking and the only complaint I have so far is that it’s not on the Switch. Gee, I want to play everything on the Switch.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  6. Andreas Stalin

So I finished Death End re;quest with the true ending and what a disappointment that game was. Even for a Compile Heart game the combat system cannot be described as nothing but an unbalanced mess that makes you avoid combat as much as human possible in the later chapters. The story is not all bad but it’s so full of tropes and tired cliches that by the end you won’t really care anymore.

And what a shame that is. The character design, art style and music is outstanding while the rest of the game is mediocre at best and a disaster at worst. Please CH, don’t let your talent go to waste, you gotta get some game developers on your team and some testers too, it’s obviously not enough to have a great art team.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  7. Andreas Stalin

While still playing Iceborne, I even made a new character and started from scratch, I have just started Horizon Zero Dawn (complete edition).

A game I initially though I wouldn’t like at all but after playing the Aloy collaboration events in MHW I decided to give it a shot and so far it has been nothing short of excellent. Hopefully it will continue that way.

8. Andreas Stalin

Finished the main story of Horizon Zero Dawn such a triumph for gaming it was, a fantastic experience. Still got the expansion the Frozen Wilds to play.

PixelKnot likes this.
  9. Andreas Stalin

Finished The Frozen Wilds which unfortunately couldn’t quite live up to the base game, then started and played through A Plague Tale Innocence which was a rather beautiful experience despite some gameplay flaws here and there, particularly in the last 3 chapters, now playing Crystar.

10. Andreas Stalin

Finished Crystar. Some really bad design choices regarding the gameplay almost ruined this beautiful game. But thanks to the outstanding artwork and music it turned out to be a pretty good experience overall. Next up is Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match, I have absolutely no expectations for this game.

11. Andreas Stalin

Finished the “story” mode of Girls und Panzer (but it’s more like an introductory mode really). So much more to do in that game and it was surprisingly fun also, but there is a Switch version with added content so I might just import that and keep playing on the Switch. Since I’m in the mood for more “cute girls does cute stuff” games I will check out the PS4 version of Bullet Girls Phantasia.

12. Andreas Stalin

Played through the story of Bullet Girls Phantasia, and yes its still quite the amusing game. The PS4 version is only minor different from the Vita version, it has a better framerate, better hair and in some mission where you had to play solo on the Vita you don’t have to anymore. That’s basically it.

Gonna mess around with this game a little more before taking on the remaster of Shadow of the Colossus which I did have a fantastic experience with on the ps2 all those years ago, looking forward to revisit it in its new coat of paint.

shadowman likes this.
  13. Andreas Stalin

Just finished Shadow of the Colossus and it’s still as enchanting and unique as it was all those years ago on the ps2. A true classic.

Now it’s time to get to the end of Kazuma Kiryu’s long journey, it’s time for Yakuza 6 the song of life.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  14. Andreas Stalin

Finished Yakuza 6, mostly played through the story, didn’t involve myself too much with side quests. Overall it was pretty good, brought me back to the feeling I had when I first played Yakuza 1. That said, some story elements, repeated boss fights and unsatisfying late boss fights made it kind of hit and miss, and what they did to Haruka I can never accept, talk about dumb writing for the sake of plot. World building and sense of place is better than ever though, looking forward to Yakuza 7!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  15. Andreas Stalin

Just did Claire’s A-route in Resident Evil 2 Remake. Talk about doing things right. This remake deserves all the praise it has got, an excellent update to an already classic game.

16. Andreas Stalin

Still doing RE 2 re, Leon A done. So much faster when you learn the routes.

17. Andreas Stalin

RE 2 re Claire B done, and with that I’ll call it a day for now with the remake, brilliantly done it was. Such a great remake, and considering RE 3 Nemesis is one of my favorites of the series I’m so looking forward to that one too.

Next up is Code Vein, I have a feeling I’ll be playing the character editor for a while, luckily you can actually re-create your character in-game so that’s good news to me.

18. Andreas Stalin

As I thought....just spent a couple hours with the character creator for Code Vein, I liked it, it’s pretty robust without being overly complicated. I have a feeling this game is gonna consume vast amounts of my free time.

19. Andreas Stalin

Finished Code Vein with the neutral ending. And I’m totally fine with that, the true ending is a bit hard to get on the first playthrough when you go in blind which is what I did. A really awesome game though even with some bad boss design and a bias for using heavy weapons, it has its own charm, a fantastic character creator and the best color options I have ever seen for costumes in a game. Strangely the game actually got easier as it progressed and was much less frustrating towards the end.

Now I’m gonna play some stuff on my Switch. My PS4 game log is pretty much cleared for now, I’ll probably play some Monster Hunter occasionally though if I get the urge.

20. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I bought Marvel's Spider-Man some days ago and I am loving it so far. The gameplay is a ton of fun.

21. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

I probably would've enjoyed this many years ago. Can't say I have the patience for those kinds of games now, but I would sure love to watch a friend play through it.