What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Terramax, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

If there is a general music thread on this forum, it's old and presumably hasn't been used for a while. So let's make one!

What are you all currently listening to and / or what do you often find yourself glued to?

For the last 2 years I've really been into The Darkness and Judas Priest.

'The Last of Our Kind' by the former got me back into modern rock again, while the latter, I've become a huge fan and recently picked up their latest album 'Firepower'.

I'm more of a hard rock fan, but getting into Priest has caused me to take my first dip into metal music, and have now today started listening to my first Iron maiden record, 'Powerslave'.

Meanwhile, I'm also listening to 'The Police' from time to time. My favourite being 'Zenyatta Mondatta', but I also started enjoying 'Synchronicity'.

2. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

All kinds of stuff :p I'm currently on 50s music :D

zodaex and Terramax like this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Look how recent this thread is!
    I've getting back into my Experimental Alt Rap stuff lately. Currently a big fan of Another Super Mario (Cart) Brothers Drive By by Bleubird and Sole.

Oh, can I now mention that it's interesting to note the incredibly diverse audience we have just in these three posts?

zodaex and Terramax like this.
  4. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Maybe you'd like Sick Ill's material:

zodaex likes this.
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I was under the impression I had already responded to this...

Anyway! Thanks for the suggestion Terramax, but the particular 'I-don't-really-care-so-I'll-pretend-I-can't-really-rap/sing tradition that seems to have been kickstarted by Yung Lean, where we can also trace the visual style back to, isn't really for me. Perhaps a counter-recommendation for Street Fighter-related music is this one by Korean American hiphop duo Year of the Ox, called Street Fight. It has a much clearer pop-appeal, but I do think it's a fun SF tribute.

I'm currently revisiting some Dutch hiphop that should have never seen daylight. Not that it's that bad, but if you're not listening to it in a dark room with headphones on, either naturally or with the help of your favourite hallucinogenic, letting your fantasy drift, then you're not listening to it properly (is what he said, listening to it in a well-lit office space, while having it serve as background music to drown out the conversational attention-catchers in the hallway, trying to finish an academic paper while (#2) rehydrating with organic loose green tea. Yes, that is listening to it properly).

https://soundcloud.com/steach-dobleye/sets/koele-meren
    Or perhaps the song Ver Weg specifically.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018