What are you playing on your 3DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by DeathMoJo, Jan 30, 2015.

1. eric

eric Well-Known Member

OutRun, Code STEAM, Ridge Racer, and Professor Layton at the moment.

2. Ayumi97

Ayumi97 Member

Fire Emblem Echoes of Valentia !!! ♡♡♡

3. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I am playing it too, about 6 hours in. Awesome game!!

Ayumi97 likes this.
  4. Ayumi97

Ayumi97 Member

Isn't it ? :D

5. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I just realized that when you are in explore mode and can navigate around rooms that you can swing your sword and break things to discover hidden treasure, food, etc ....so now going back and seeing if I missed anything.

About 8 hours into the game and still really enjoying it. ...Also I am playing in classic/perma-death mode ...and not reverting back when members die. My army is very small at this point!

6. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, I know its a DS game but I'm playing it on my son's 3DS

7. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

The only game I have and have been playing for the 3DS and the reason I bought it is Xenoblade Chronicles.

8. McGee Jean

McGee Jean New Member

Okamiden is my personal fav

9. eric

eric Well-Known Member

okay, FE Echoes, -I am officially obsessed with it. ...I got to a point in the game (possibly the very end) but can not solve it. I am playing in permanent death mode and went into what I believe is the final battle with only 3 characters. So, I began the entire game over (again in permanent death mode). After 22hrs I am almost back to where I left off previously and this time with about 7 characters. It was not easy getting this far and keeping all my characters ...had to use the "turnwheel" a lot and re-start from "save" quite a bit. Dang, this game is awesome. It is in my definition the perfect game.

I have played 2 games that I'd call perfect in 2017. Steamworld Heist (Vita) and Fire Emblem Echoes (3DS).
    Both very very worthy games!

10. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

For the first time in ages, I have a 3DS game I want to play! Currently working my way through the new Metroid 2 remake and really enjoying it. I've completed Metroid 2 on the GB back in the day and I like this take on it. Its mini map is super useful and makes it easy to work out where to go next. I know the way the mini map is handled might annoy some people, but I love how easy it is to fill in the map with the radar power up, makes finding secrets tons easier, which helps loads for me as I've got a terrible track history at finding secrets usually in Metroid games!

11. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Actually I should take a look at this, as having a mini map I feel would be super helpful and make the game more enjoyable. ..I still have my original copy of Metroid for my original GB that I got for Christmas back in the late 80's!!

Thanks for the tip shadowman!

12. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, its way easier to get through the 3DS version, but honestly its not hurting my enjoyment of the game at all. I've played a few more hours and am still really loving it. I enjoyed the first couple of Castlevania's that Mercury Steam did and I must say I'm really liking their take on Metroid 2 as well. Plus its just nice to play a "new" Metroid game these days!

13. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I'm finishing up Super Mario 3D Land :D I got all the stars, but I see that I'm not at 100% o_O Got to do some investigative work. This game really exceeded my expectations! I'm also on Mario and Luigi Dream Team :D I'm playing too many RPGs and trying not to buy any more. LOL I really want Legend of Legacy by Atlus. I love RPGs, and I like to spend lots of time to do side quests-both a good and bad thing LOL

14. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Finished FE Echoes two times, ..that is how much I loved it.

Tried Zelda Majorka's Mask ...hmm, maybe I need to give it another try, but I found the very first challenge extremely difficult. In fact even w/ the walk-through I wasn't able to solve it. ...there is a timed aspect and I just can't seem to get past the first 20min's of gameplay. So put that one on hold.

Playing and starting to love Metroid Return of Samus. Great game, excellent remake of the original.

15. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Pokémon Gold just like in the old days but this time on a New 3DS XL and not a GBA SP :)

16. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Mostly Angry Birds Trilogy, for the Halloween levels lol

17. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Mostly Angry Birds Trilogy, for the Halloween levels lol

18. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Metroid Samus Returns,
    I am at 14% completion (it gives you a progress report upon loading).

I believe this is the perfect side-scrolling game, they could not have made this remake of the original any better. This is definitely one of my top games of the year.

19. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

I just got Zelda OOT 3D this weekend. I know it's out ages but I just never got it when it came out for some reason. I always feel like playing Zelda on the run up to Xmas time. That and Resident Evil 2 bring back some good memories