Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by DeathMoJo, Jan 30, 2015.
OutRun, Code STEAM, Ridge Racer, and Professor Layton at the moment.
Fire Emblem Echoes of Valentia !!! ♡♡♡
I am playing it too, about 6 hours in. Awesome game!!
Isn't it ?
I just realized that when you are in explore mode and can navigate around rooms that you can swing your sword and break things to discover hidden treasure, food, etc ....so now going back and seeing if I missed anything.
About 8 hours into the game and still really enjoying it. ...Also I am playing in classic/perma-death mode ...and not reverting back when members die. My army is very small at this point!
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, I know its a DS game but I'm playing it on my son's 3DS
The only game I have and have been playing for the 3DS and the reason I bought it is Xenoblade Chronicles.
Okamiden is my personal fav
okay, FE Echoes, -I am officially obsessed with it. ...I got to a point in the game (possibly the very end) but can not solve it. I am playing in permanent death mode and went into what I believe is the final battle with only 3 characters. So, I began the entire game over (again in permanent death mode). After 22hrs I am almost back to where I left off previously and this time with about 7 characters. It was not easy getting this far and keeping all my characters ...had to use the "turnwheel" a lot and re-start from "save" quite a bit. Dang, this game is awesome. It is in my definition the perfect game.
I have played 2 games that I'd call perfect in 2017. Steamworld Heist (Vita) and Fire Emblem Echoes (3DS).
Both very very worthy games!
For the first time in ages, I have a 3DS game I want to play! Currently working my way through the new Metroid 2 remake and really enjoying it. I've completed Metroid 2 on the GB back in the day and I like this take on it. Its mini map is super useful and makes it easy to work out where to go next. I know the way the mini map is handled might annoy some people, but I love how easy it is to fill in the map with the radar power up, makes finding secrets tons easier, which helps loads for me as I've got a terrible track history at finding secrets usually in Metroid games!
Actually I should take a look at this, as having a mini map I feel would be super helpful and make the game more enjoyable. ..I still have my original copy of Metroid for my original GB that I got for Christmas back in the late 80's!!
Thanks for the tip shadowman!
Yeah, its way easier to get through the 3DS version, but honestly its not hurting my enjoyment of the game at all. I've played a few more hours and am still really loving it. I enjoyed the first couple of Castlevania's that Mercury Steam did and I must say I'm really liking their take on Metroid 2 as well. Plus its just nice to play a "new" Metroid game these days!
I'm finishing up Super Mario 3D Land I got all the stars, but I see that I'm not at 100% Got to do some investigative work. This game really exceeded my expectations! I'm also on Mario and Luigi Dream Team I'm playing too many RPGs and trying not to buy any more. LOL I really want Legend of Legacy by Atlus. I love RPGs, and I like to spend lots of time to do side quests-both a good and bad thing LOL
Finished FE Echoes two times, ..that is how much I loved it.
Tried Zelda Majorka's Mask ...hmm, maybe I need to give it another try, but I found the very first challenge extremely difficult. In fact even w/ the walk-through I wasn't able to solve it. ...there is a timed aspect and I just can't seem to get past the first 20min's of gameplay. So put that one on hold.
Playing and starting to love Metroid Return of Samus. Great game, excellent remake of the original.
Pokémon Gold just like in the old days but this time on a New 3DS XL and not a GBA SP
Mostly Angry Birds Trilogy, for the Halloween levels lol
Metroid Samus Returns,
I am at 14% completion (it gives you a progress report upon loading).
I believe this is the perfect side-scrolling game, they could not have made this remake of the original any better. This is definitely one of my top games of the year.
I just got Zelda OOT 3D this weekend. I know it's out ages but I just never got it when it came out for some reason. I always feel like playing Zelda on the run up to Xmas time. That and Resident Evil 2 bring back some good memories
I'm playing Zelda a link between worlds, I'm really getting into it, it's spurred me on to collect the other Zelda games, I've bought Phantom Hourglass (£10) now I've got to buy the others OOT, majoras, spirit tracks and tri force heroes.
I'm also playing a bit of Super Mario Land and Mario Kart.
Grab Link's Awakening off of 3DS Virtual Console, you won't regret it
I finished Etrian Odyssey IV today!! Ive been playing it since January (among some other games) and it took about 115 hours.
Playing Pokémon Ultra Moon, is the last core Pokémon game I still didn't play yet.
Which core Pokemon game is the best? I've started to slowly play them through (started with Fire Red on GBA and am really enjoying it). Simple but super addictive.
Other people their opinions will differ but if I would put all of them in a list I would get this:
1. Pokémon Emerald (it has bigger safari zone, extra other places and Battle Frontier story is great (same with the originals/remakes)
2. Pokémon Platinum (it's just a better version of Diamond & Pearl but that makes is more worth, has the same slightly tweaked but great story)
3. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (better than originals and has more content BUT doesn't have Battle Frontier from Emerald (which is at least extra 25 hours of gameplay) but it has it's own exclusive to the remakes story after beating the league)
4. Black 2 & White 2 (fixes all the issues in the originals and is a true successor + extra Pokémons and areas, story is great and very different from the originals because the sequels take place 3 years after the originals)
5. Diamond & Pearl (I love Sinnoh (well I love Hoenn more ) and the game has so much variety in areas and Pokémons + Team Galactic is just badass, I just miss the diving spots from Hoenn).
6. Black & White (new world, new Pokémons and even while I like the sequels more these 2 have a great story)
7. Ruby & Sapphire (they end so low because the remakes are better but that doesn't make them bad games, and if there would be no remakes they would end on 3rd spot, the world is nice and large and has a lot of Pokémons, also exploring underwater and TRUE traveling (on your Pokémon) via the ocean from island to island is something no other Pokémon game has done before or after. The story is great and back in the days it was a huge step compared to the older games (same praise goes for the remakes)
8. Pokémon X & Y (the world is beautiful and it blends nicely between newest (back then) generation of Pokémons and the old ones, also it was a big step graphics wise considering it was the first 3ds game. Why does it end so low then? Story doesn't make sense and is a mess + it's very forgettable)
9. Fire Red & Leaf Green (graphically it looks way better than the originals, story is the same but the addition of Sevii Islands makes the world bigger and gives the game more replay value)
10. Heart Gold & Soul Silver (better versions of Gold & Silver and the DS makes the graphics look stunning compared to the originals, music is very nice but in my opinion they didn't change enough in the games, however they are worth playing.
11. Gold/Silver/Crystal (Crystal is different but not enough, the games are great but unless you want to play the originals I would advice the remakes)
12. Red/Blue/Yellow(/Green) (yes Fire Red & Leaf Green are that much better, there is in my opinion no reason to play the originals because the remakes are really way better)
13. Ultra Moon & Ultra Sun (I know what I started playing but where Black 2 and White 2 are just better games with a different story compared to the originals, sequels to Sun & Moon feel more like 80% of the same and they are (there are some diffrences). They end higher than the originals because of the extra content, the story is mostly the same (I like the story), for the rest of explanation see the originals)
14. Sun & Moon (yes they are on the very end, and yes they are the only Pokémon games that disappoint me on every regard except the story.
Where to start, the story is GREAT and lengthy and that it's, the world is meh and small plus it saddens me that we can't travel the way we can in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald + remakes, a lot of people like the lack of the HM system but I don't, also this is the first game that doesn't have regular gyms and it does feel fresh but the new system is extremely easy and boring, there are barely any cities and they feel small, boring and there is barely anything to do in them.
The world is like I said to small for it's own good and the areas are again, mostly boring and soulless.
The new Pokémons are hit and miss and my biggest issue is that they got rid of a lot of stuff that makes the games great.
Which stuff? For example no HM's, fishing is allowed on specific spots, no gyms, no new mega evolutions, and lack of stuff like big caves and diving spots (which would be perfect for a game based on HAWAII)
The list is long and after finishing the game I put it on the shelf, the story is really long and great but everything else is lacking and a lot of changes don't make sense (pressing A to open doors ).
And after you finish the game you're done, you can catch them all and go to the Battle Tree (is same like Battle Tower) but that's it, no contests like in R/S/E/ORAS/D/P/P or Battle Frontier like in Emerald, there is also no real story after the league (well 1 hour extra story and you're done) and because the world is so small exploration is not needed in my opinion.
So how about online? In short X & Y and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have a excellent (for a Pokemon game) online system but in the remakes they made a strange change that you need to go to some sort of plaza that doesn't make any sense.
Biggest disappointment ever, the only reason to play these 2 and the originals is the story after which you put the game forever on the shelf. (tip: the sequels are better because they contain older legendaries from older games)
Except the last 2 in the list all Pokémon games are great in their own regard, the issue with the last 2 is that they removed the stuff that makes these games great and changed things from better to worse (fix that in the Switch games Gamefreak).
That's it, a very long list.
If I had to choose 2 of them to play I would say Platinum (or Diamond and Pearl) and the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, and if you like a challenge then Emerald for the Battle Frontier only.
Wow, thanks for the super detailed list I'm going to do them chronologically but I'll definitely grab Emerald as well since that extra content sounds fantastic and I don't want to miss the Battle Frontier stuff. Really enjoying Fire Red at the moment, only issue I have (if you can even call it that) is that I want to be using more than just the 6 Pokemon I have on my team. Probably going to alternate between 12 of them all told, as I don't want to focus on just 6 when the game has so many Pokemon to use.
Only thing I don't see me doing is catching all of the Pokemon. It'd be too time consuming for me to do on my own, which is a pity as I hate not 100%ing games I enjoy, but I'd never get to the later games if I try and catch them all on each of the games!
Separate names with a comma.