What are you playing on your 3DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by DeathMoJo, Jan 30, 2015.

1. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

shadowman 1) I'd give you my own opinion, but just look at her post, mine will be waaay more ridden with nostalgia. I must say that, personally, I really liked being able to do go through two regions in Gold(/Silver/Crystal), but I've never played the remakes so I can't really compare.
    2) You heard of Pokémon Bank? It's a service you can store all your pokémon in (games that are compatible with it anyway) across different games. For me it's a pretty good reason to play some of the games that are on the eshop instead of in their original form. :D

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard of the Pokemon Bank, but I'm a pretty casual player, I'll just do runs through on each game and that'll be that. I don't have the time or patience to play all the games to catch them all. Speaking of which, I finished Fire Red's Elite 4, I really need to start on the new content one day.

TheAtom likes this.
  3. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest VII

4. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Resident Evil Revelations

JoSoap and Rattlebag like this.
  5. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Just started Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl

Rattlebag, zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  6. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Just started Luigis Mansion 2 for some spooky goodess

TheAtom likes this.
  7. TheAtom

I got into The World Ends With You on my 3DS (backwards compatible + non-region locked DS game = Win), and it's just so good. The art looks super sleek, even stretched out as it is. I'm sure 3D DS games wouldn't work as well.

JoSoap likes this.
  8. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is my spooky game to play right now.

9. alf

alf Well-Known Member

Linkx41: since when Harry Potter - especially LEGO - is spooky ? :D

10. Linkx41

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Witches, wizards, goblins, undead characters. I'd consider it Halloween enough for me :)

11. alf

alf Well-Known Member

I see. Is this game any good and addicting ? I am not into LEGO games so i am kinda curious.

12. Linkx41

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    It is ok, It helps that I'm playing with my daughter. I don't get bored as quick when her and I are taking turns.

TheAtom likes this.
  13. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Street Fighter II: Turbo Hyper Fighting

14. Andreas Stalin

Feeding my recent MonHun addiction with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Finally it’s time to try out the insect glaive and mount the beasts, been looking forward to this.

Vita_Girl likes this.
  15. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I loved/hated Monster Hunter 4.
    I love the concept of the game and really enjoying exploring and hunting ...however I found the game really difficult. I have played it quite a bit but never felt like I made a lot of progress. I think it is a good game, I am on the fence about whether I love it or hate it!
    ----
    Right now I am playing "Top Gear" on the GBA, its actually a really fun game.

16. Andreas Stalin

eric Since I have yet to start playing MH4U (I’m gonna start it just now) I can’t say anything about the difficulty of that game. What I can say after playing 300 hrs of Freedom Unite and 100+ of MH3U is that in both games I hit some walls, in Freedom Unite it was the first Tigrex fight which I redid again and again until I mastered it and in 3U I just felt I was not dealing enough damage and killing the monsters too slowly so I switched from Swith Axe to Long Sword and stuck with that until I finished the Moga HR missions. In Freedom Unite I stuck with dual blades through the whole game and it worked out pretty fine.

I think it’s nice to try out different weapons in the beginning of the game but sooner or later you have to choose one (or maybe two) and stick with that so that you have the mats to fully upgrade your weapon without excessive grinding as you move up in rank.

In both MH games I have played I also had the feeling of not progressing at various points in the game, be it that I lacked materials or skills or whatever and then I just goofed around for a bit, finishing various leftover quests and making some armor sets and sooner or later I was ready to move on, taking on tougher enemies again. I think that is inevitable in these kinds of games and it can be frustrating, but also oh so rewarding when you finally take down a fearsome beast that has been giving you trouble for days. And I must say I really like the artstyle and design of the games. The monsters look fantastic and so does the armor and weapon sets and sometimes I play it just to play dress up and goof around with a totally unknown (to me) weapon type on lower rank quests just for the novelty.

17. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

A big pro for me with playing Monster Hunter games was that my other half loves them a lot and knows a lot about them + we played a lot together + I like such grindy games so those 3 things together made me love the franchise too.

But it's not for everyone and even while I don't like World (too easy, lacks content and it lacks the true MH feel) I would say it's the best starting point for beginners nowdays, however starting with World will make the older games harder while the other way around it matters to a lesser degree.

That aside I started Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits on the 3ds, looks fun and nice but I really don't get the whole battle system of the game :oops:

TheAtom likes this.
  18. TheAtom

Have you played the first Yokai Watch? I wouldn't guess it to be very different...

19. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I skipped the first game after few people told me it's meh and the battle system got fixed in the second game.

20. TheAtom

Ah haha, my wife got halfway through it a while ago before getting distracted with other games and she didn't mind it much, though it was relatively passive, I've heard. She hasn't gotten into the 2nd one yet, so I don't know much about it XD

21. Andreas Stalin

Still playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Still not sure if I like it better than 3U, it handles a little bit different so it might be that I’m still adapting and I have also changed weapon from Switch Axe/long sword in 3U to Insect Glaive in 4u so there’s that too. The I.G. is a bit complicated to learn but a really fun and versatile weapon.

Game is still fantastic though and I was surprised to find a pretty healthy online community still playing multiplayer and it has been a tremendous experience so far. Playing online with other hunters really takes the game to a whole new level.
    I thought I had to wait until playing MHGU on the Switch to get to play with others so this was a nice bonus. I’ll probably play this for a long, long time.

22. Andreas Stalin

While i’m still playing MHGU on the Switch (if you wanna see what’s going on you can check out my twitter @andreasstalin where I occasionally post screenshots and small video clips from the game), I just started Senran Kagura Burst on the 3DS. The 2d gameplay fits perfectly and the 3D effect actually helps to really enhance the ninja arts, costume breaks and cut scenes visually. In my opinion the 3D effect of the 3DS is really underrated.

Vita_Girl likes this.