What are you playing on your Switch?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Terramax, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Just downloaded Outrun for £5.99.

I was concerned I wouldn't like it all that much (I did have on the megadrive, but I wasn't enamoured by the title). That it would be too basic for my tastes. I can't say I love it now, but it's challenging enough, and ends quickly enough that I can see myself sinking 15 minutes here and there over the coming years and get my monies worth.

I was expecting it to be priced at £7.99, so the £5.99 price take was a pleasant surprise too.

Meanwhile, I've put in about 3 hours into Gal Gun 2 over the last 2 or so weeks, but it feels like more than that. I've been skipping many of the cutscenes as, like most Japanese games, the pacing is terrible, and the translated dialog isn't anything to write home about. Gameplay is fun, but it's a shame that, from what I can tell, you can't use your sensor bars instead of analog. Missed opportunity IMO.

The gameplay is certainly a step-up from the Vita title. Being able to pan 360 degrees at any time adds another dimension to the gameplay. You can also move up and down, as well as lean left and right, but personally I find it fiddly to do all of those with buttons instead of analog.

Fun game in short bursts. I suspect I'll enjoy it more once I've completed it and just replay levels again, without having to bother with cutscenes and other fluff. On a side note, I'm disappointed that extra costumes are being sold separately. Seriously, all of this should be included in the base game.

2. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

So, nobody has a switch yet?

Beavering away on DOA Xtreme 3. Recently got Skrim for that, but only put in about 3 hours so far.

3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I used to have two Switches but I couldn't find a pro controller for it that wasn't defective and I couldn't afford to keep buying new ones at $79.99 a pop so I cut my losses and sold them.

4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

You could have bought a adapter from play-asia that makes a DS4 compatible with the Switch, that's what I did.

Planty of games here, currently I'm playing Fate/Extella Link and Nekopara vol. 1.

5. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I did buy one of those.

6. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Took a trip to France and the UK and after some serious debating I took the Switch instead of the Vita (first time to do this). Reason being, Final Fantasy XII came out in Japan on the 25th, and was the perfect game to help me brush up on my Japanese whilst also a good, grindy game during a 14 hour plane journey, each way! As well as FF12, also got Dragon's Dogma and Cytus, but its basically been FF12 with a bit of Dark Souls during the last 2 weeks.

7. Vita_Girl

Sorry I didn't know that.

zodaex likes this.
  8. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Yea.....i’m still playing MHGU. so,so good it is. And believe it or not, i have been playing mostly bow for a while now, and it’s pretty awesome!

Vita_Girl likes this.
  9. Vita_Girl

Because of preperation for Iceborn in World I didn't play MGHU as much, but after I'm done with preperations there is plenty of time for that :)

10. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Hey Vita_Girl . If you ever wanna go hunting with me my
    ID is: (SW) 4004-1332-5739

I’m HR12, I already have my urgent but I don’t wanna
    remove HR lock just yet. I usually play every single day.

11. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Playing Yokai Watch 4 right now. My first title. It's actually pretty darn good, with more emphasis on story than just battle and character collecting. This is what Pokemon should have been.

12. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I love MH but I suck at it. I am so new that I just button mash and my character takes forever to catch up to all the buttons I mash...