What Are Your Evergreen Titles?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Terramax, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

The Vita has been around for over 5 years now. And I'm sure, for many of use, there are a number of titles that we find outselves coming back to on either a frequent or semi-frequent basis over the years. Hows about we list them? Here are mine:

Everybody's Golf:
    A contender for my favourite video game of all time (next to Tenchu Z). Although there's no way to track how many hours I've put into this title, it is easy in the thousands. The game is easy to pick up and play yet pretty hard to master. It can be played causally, but it can also be brutally hard and intense, when you want it to be. I've gotten my monies worth from the Vita from this title alone. Even if this was the single only Vita game ever released, I would have seen it money and time well spent. I play this game most weeks.

Hustle Kings:
    I got this game last year and since that time, barely a day has gone by that I haven't had a couple of goes. I only play the standard game mode, but that has easily taken over 100 hours of my time. Again, no way to track the amount of play time, but it's a huge amount, that's for sure.

Backgammon Blitz:
    I've only had this for a month or two, but I'm sure this one will be played for years to come. Simple yet addictive game. Backgammon has existed for literally hundreds of years, and when you understand the rules you quickly figure out why; it's a seriously addictive game.

Touch My Katamari: despite the critisism for being light on content, I've put in many an hour into this little gem. I'm so glad they improved the controls from previous installments. It has my favourite soundtrack of the whole series, and it's great to restart a new game and whiz through the campaign. Sure, it isn't worth the original £40 it went for, but for the £5 I got it for, it was a bargain! I'll play this once every month or two.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: I'm really surprised to see just how addictive this game has been for me. The owner mode really gives you a reason to have to play all those mini games, whereas previous titles everything felt disjointed. I stopped playing for a year, due to being embarrased to play this in front of the wife, but I've recently gotten back into it in a big way, and I'll definitely keep on playing, whenever the wife isn't around the house. :D

Everybody's Tennis:
    A PSP title, I know, but I find myself playing a game or two every week or two. It's easily the most fun tennis game I've every played. It blows any Mario Tennis title out of the water, that's for sure.

MUD:
    really fun arcade racer that I find myself coming back to once every month or two. One of the best ports for the Vita and very underrated.

Honourable Mentions:

Shinobido 2
    Shienrye
    Wipeout Pure
    Ridge Racer PSP

2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Fun thread and I wonder what other people have as evergreen titles!

I personally don't think I really have those though. I've lately been more and more focused on storydriven games and only recently have I gotten some of the more repetition-worthy games (though P4G does require another playthrough, admittedly).

3. LTWasabi

LTWasabi Member

TearAway has to be my No. 1 Vita game. I kinda like to think I bought the Vita for TearAway rather than the other way around. It has very little replayability though.

Axeru777 and DojoDan like this.
  4. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Killzone Mercenary. It is the best portable FPS ever made and I still play online multiplayer from time to time.

DojoDan and Terramax like this.
  5. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

I can pick it back up every few months and get hooked on it again for a week or so. Always a favorite.

zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  6. alf

alf Active Member

Most of games i play on vita are jrpg & visual novels.

These types of games are not an easy pick ups if you haven't played them for a long time (i mean like weeks or months). While it's possible to recall the mechanics, it's difficult to get into the story once again. You simply forget characters and their backgrounds, story twists and overall plot. Sometimes it's easier to start the game from the beginning than to continue from half a story and remember nothing.

When i put a new game into my ps vita, i play it until i beat it. That leads to situations where one game cart resides in my console for months! (i.e.: Persona 4 Golden took me about 4 months). To stick with one game for a certain amount of time requires some patience, but I got used to it ^_^

That's why there are no 'evergreen' titles for me. I beat the game and start another one.

DojoDan and TheAtom like this.
  7. TheAtom

I get that! I guess I am less persistent and a bit more varied in my genres I guess, but it's basically that!

8. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm the world's worst for swapping games in and out. I have next to no patience :) I think I have too many titles to settle. But I do play Shantae regularly. I haven't finished it yet which kind of speaks about how much time I have these days but I do swap a lot.

LTWasabi and TheAtom like this.
  9. LTWasabi

LTWasabi Member

So you are like me? I usually play 3-4 games at a time. 1 game will be my main (currently YS VIII) and the rest (usually indies like BOI) are those game I play to take a break from..err..playing games?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    TheAtom and DojoDan like this.
  10. alf

alf Active Member

I know exactly what you mean here, as i often take a break from vita by playing on my N64 ^_^

zodaex, LTWasabi and DojoDan like this.
  11. TheAtom

Oh yeah, that's me as well. I have a 'main game' and a few 'break games', often indies and a multiplayer like Overwatch xD

How taking a break makes sense in gaming, I'm still not sure, but it does feel that way xD

LTWasabi and DojoDan like this.