What did you buy this week on PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by willow514, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Zero Eternity

Zero Eternity Well-Known Member

Holy crap they are actually panties? When I first saw the CE I thought for sure it was a cloth with an image of panties on it. That is freaking hilarious XD

2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I think Gal Gunwill be an up coming ps4 buy! I like the Vita port but it suffers a bit. I just received my very first two ps4 games today. Gravity Rush Remastered and Trackmania Turbo. I'm excited to have started collecting for it.

3. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Woot! Peach Beach Splash arrived today,

[​IMG]

DankZaku, zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  4. DojoDan

Is it Eng friendly? Also I don't suppose you'd let me know what any single player modes are like? I never play online so I'm hoping there's some bot on bot action ;)

5. lesdennis

It's easy to play the game, the control instructions are simple as it shows you the relevant buttons you need to press onscreen as you play.

It is all japanese text though - except for "now loading" on the load screen (pointless)

Single player mode is pretty damn good fun, played for a few hours last night as Hanzo academy, 10 levels with the final level being a boss battle

The difficulty level is a little on the easy side, but I'm having too much fun to care! Not tried multiplayer yet.

DojoDan likes this.
  6. DojoDan

Perfect, thanks for that Les. That helps a lot. I'll add it to my list. I've still got to buy a console yet. Shantae half genie hero and Wild Guns srrived from play-asia today and it missed customs. Which was nice.

7. DojoDan

Well, I scored Gravity Rush 2 new and sealed on ebay for £25 delivered on Friday. Now the seller's just cancelled my order and resold it for £35+postage to someone else yesterday. Not a happy chappy. Guys gunna get the full rant I tell you that much.

8. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Notify eBay. They'll get a strike on their account. People have done that to me before. The next thing you know you will see their name "no longer a registered user." Its against ToS to do that.

DojoDan and zodaex like this.
  9. lesdennis

yeah have the scumbag! give him some sh*t!!

that kinda stuff makes my blood boil!

I played some more peach beach splash over the weekend, very nice to see they have amended the difficulty levels: easy normal and hard as opposed to just easy, hard modes

It's looking to be a good fun game

DojoDan likes this.
  10. MyNameIsJonas

MyNameIsJonas Active Member

Technically, I bought Persona 5's limited edition–although I had had it pre-ordered months ago. I don't even have a PS4, but I knew I would regret not buying the limited edition. Now I will definitely buy the console too.

11. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I just bought Persona 5 too. A truly amazing game. I just love this game. Nothing better on any system period.

Since both the Persona portable games sold well, there could be a Persona 5 portable some day too.

12. MyNameIsJonas

MyNameIsJonas Active Member

I have only played Persona 1 and 2 (Innocent Sin) thus far–the latter has, in my opinion, one of the best stories and cast of characters in any video-game I've played. It is a shame that a definitive edition of Persona 3 does not exist on the VITA :(.
    I consider all of the SMT games I've played, actually, to be great. If you have a DS or a 3DS, I would wholeheartedly recommend Devil Survivor!

13. DojoDan

Hyperlight drifer arrived today. Haven't opened it yet but feels weighty.

14. DojoDan

Just been to Sainsburys and picked up Plants Vs Zombies GW 2 for £19.99 which I thought was a great price. God I've been spending lately!

15. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I do have the japanese Vita version but wanted the english version (sadly no japanese voice over).

[​IMG]

zodaex likes this.
  16. DojoDan

Bought Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams. For all the power of the ps4 I seem to be buying platformers mostly!

zodaex likes this.
  17. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that, the list of amazing platformers on the PS4 is a pretty large one! Giana Sisters was a game that I'd tried a few times previously and failed to get into, tried the PS4 version and after getting through the first world I ended up really enjoying it - its level design got better and better as the game went on. Pretty tricky to 100% (trophy wise) but that's part of the fun to it!

I recently picked up the Wonder Boy remaster and that is amazing as well. Its incredibly beautiful and very fun as well. Definitely worth picking up if you like that sort of games.

18. DojoDan

shadowman Did you pick that up physical mate?

19. shadowman

Nope, digital. I do like the physical releases that most indie titles get eventually these days but by that time I've ended up buying the digital version and completing it. And since non Vita shelving space is short, I avoid picking them up unless its something like Shovel Knight!

DojoDan likes this.
  20. DojoDan

Retro city rampage dx! And Odinsphere!

zodaex likes this.
  21. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Finally broke down and bought one of these....what was I thinking?!

[​IMG]

It's so much more fun than I had even anticipated though! Sure, not really many "AAA" games on it, but these mostly don't interest me on other systems either. And what's already there seems to make the purchase almost worth it already. There are certainly some games for it that would never interest me if they were "just" on the TV screen, but that doesn't really seem like a counterargument to me. Gotta admit I'm more excited with this than I was when I got my Switch :eek:

Cursed Castilla also showed up earlier! Looking forward to giving this one a spin.

[​IMG]

22. DojoDan

^^ Looking good mate! Id actually quite like a vr but $$ :(

Just a quick question to you fine folks, is anyone going to preorder SK: Peach Beach Splash? Is there any need to p/o it? Just seems a lot at £60 I wondered if it would drop in price after a while? Cheers.

AllHasRed likes this.
  23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Very nice. :) Are you going to import Summer Lesson?

Think I will wait on a price drop for that one.

AllHasRed and DojoDan like this.
  24. shadowman

Absolutely brilliant game. I picked it up digitally a couple of months back and couldn't put it down. Its basically the sequel to Ghouls n Ghosts that I always wanted.

AllHasRed likes this.
  25. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Already put my order in with Heavy Arm, waiting on it to be shipped any day now :D

I just fired it up earlier and got a brutal reminder that I suck at this type of game :( But obviously that's on me and not the game's fault as it's really well made. Very forgiving too in that you can always restart at the last room/beginning of a boss encounter when you die. This will be a tough challenge but I'll try to see it through (though I don't see myself earning that trophy for completing it without using a continue or the one for finishing with a certain weapon, i. e. not dying once, anytime soon...)!