What Do You Do For a Living?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Trent, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Yeah, I know. Every forum has done this topic to death, but we still don't have one for this site yet. So, here we go. The cliche'd "What is Your Job?" topic. But at least I'll have a different answer than many people from other sites!

Anyways, this is just a topic to help everyone learn what kind of fields everyone else is in. We already know we live on opposite sides of the world. Some of us are in the United States, like myself. Some are over in Europe and beyond. So, what do you do for a living? I'll leave my own response for a later post.

2. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I work the graveyard shift, in the dairy department of a rather large store; my shift starts when the store closes and ends when it opens. It's not glamorous, and I may not see the sun for months at a time but it pays the bills and does have some perks to it. I don't have to deal with customers since the store is closed, I have no uniform, I can listen to my MP3 player all night, I have flexibility in how I want to go about doing the job, I'm unionized, plus some other things. I can even adjust my sleep schedule on a daily basis to free up whatever time slot I want. Sometimes I sleep through the morning/afternoon and thus have free evenings, sometimes I sleep in the evening so I can get stuff done during the day. Stocking is a part of my job, though not all of it but as a result, I do get to tell people I'm a Night Stocker; this garners very weird looks from people.

Tyler likes this.
  3. DuhWhitePanda

DuhWhitePanda Well-Known Member

Military officer with the Armed Forces.

Basically, when I'm home, I'm a normal cop. I have been involved in some drug busts the last couple of years. When we go to war, I'm one of the first people called to suit up and go fight. I'm stationed on a military base a good 8 months of the year, where I take care of fighter jets as well. I keep them working and get to take them out for a twirl every now and then.

Tyler likes this.
  4. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I work at a non-profit that its main goal is to encourage low income students reach post secondary education and be a difference in their family and community.
    On my off time, I work in a Clinic after given the opportunity to sharpen my skills to be a Nurse Practitioner.

In a couple of months I will also be taking an EMT course to eventually get licensed as a Paramedic in the State of California. And once I obtain that, join the Fire Dept.
    And offer my services as a Paramedic-Fire Fighter. But my ultimate goal is to become either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant. There's really no difference, aside that as a NP, I could open my own Clinic.

5. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    Well there is a reason my occupation says 'rather not say', I'm currently unemployed while getting money on the side.

6. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I'm a hooker, and you all still owe me money - for shame.

chimikina, Simmi, zodaex and 2 others like this.
  7. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

still going into an school

8. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Great variety, indeed.

I work in IT as a Level 1 Support Center Analyst for the Kroger company. In short, I am Level 1 Tech Support for their Pharmacies and Supply Chain divisions. Alongside that, I have been involved in Freelance Writing, to make money on the side. I've taken a few proofing and editing jobs as well as blogging on BubbleWS for spare money.

9. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

an you do a good job at it, i can only hope to become as good as you in the future.

Trent likes this.
  10. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

Curtis the night stocker.... Lol

I'm just a student right now, can't seem to find a job. :/

11. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I work in the aerospace industry I get parts ready to be assembled and sometimes go to Boeing to deliver said parts. Its pretty easy but can become repetitive but I don't mind good money gotta get them vita games! :)

AnabolicFrolic and Kyle like this.
  12. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My friend works for a Boeing subsidiary in Torrance, CA. They develop airplane parts for the Navy, and Air Force.

Tyler and Kyle like this.
  13. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I hope it's ok for me to say school lol.

14. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Unacceptable!

Papertale and Pata like this.
  15. HonestPandaShow

HonestPandaShow @HonestPandaShow

Currently work at the Local GameStop. Hoping to get a job back at the factory to increase my earning potential as me and the Lady are starting to think about having a baby. Also with all the free time I do have, aside from looking for another job, I create content for my youtube channel.

mellan_Konsten likes this.
  16. Chaz3010

Chaz3010 Former Deputy Editor Staff Member

PSN ID:
    Chaz3010
    I work for Virgin Media in the UK as a second tier Tech guy for the mobile phone side of the business. I spend most of my days playing with and breaking the software of the latest mobile phones, and then telling others how to fix them. At the minute, I have been tasked with writing a Knowledge Base style support tool for all the customer service guys to use.

I also write for a pretty good Vita website in my spare time too ;)

Kyle likes this.
  17. Magnumstache

Magnumstache Well-Known Member

Working towards a PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Writing up at the moment. After that I'm planning on being a bum for at least a month as I've been in full-time education for over 21 years...."scunnered" is the word to describe how I'm feeling.

Magnumstache.

18. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

Like in George Lopez the tv show?

Tyler likes this.
  19. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

I'm an "Artist". actually I don't really know when someone becomes an artist, but I have a bachelor degree in fine arts. And right now I am working on making work samples(?) for a master application.

...so I should not be playing olliolli right now and definitely not play the Toukiden demo that hits the EU store on wednesday ;)

To elaborate on which kind of artist I am: I am that pretentious artist who takes an ordinary object (maybe a chair) puts it in an empty room, gives it a "clever" name and wait/hope for someone to come and tell me how important I am to the contiuation of humanity.

If you don't believe in my pretentiousness you are welcome to drop by my homepage to see it with your own eyes.

www.karlrohlen.com (click between the two pictures to get in)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  20. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I am the National Training Team Manager for LG Mobile Comm with a team of 12 trainers across the US

joecool likes this.
  21. Kevling

Kevling Member

I work for the local council and manage a software support team. We support systems used in Libraries, Housing, Legal Services, Leisure Centres, Environmental Health & Trading Standards, the corporate GIS system, and shortly Highways too. Rather diverse.

22. AnabolicFrolic

AnabolicFrolic Active Member

I'm a machinist in jet engine development for GE. I make all manner of parts for our prototype engines, but focus mainly on electromechanical sensors at the moment.

Looks like aerospace is pretty well represented here!

joecool likes this.
  23. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe because that's where the money is at?! lol.

24. AnabolicFrolic

AnabolicFrolic Active Member

Lol, I ownz a few Vita games. If that's what you're getting at...

joecool likes this.
  25. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now I'm actually serious lol. I got a couple of friends working in the industry and they're hauling in the cash.
    They're one year younger than I am and they already own a home and living the good life lol.