Official Topic What does your physical Vita collection look like? (Pictures!)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Unknownwolf, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Oh cool!

2. Roscoe Jones

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    My physical Vita Current collection (bulk of my gaming backlog) in a box for now until I get a shelf for my games. I don't do sports games much or Lego games. Not my cup of tea. I have over a 100+ physical games and some special editions (the onws you can see) not including my preorders or Summon Night 6 limited edition that should be coming soon. I have all english (a couple subs) games. I have a hand full of digital download games as well (Digimon Cybersleuth, God Eater etc!) (Hehehe yeah I have a Switch too if you look hard enough). You won't see all of what I have because they're stacked but this how serious I am about being a vita player! Love my/the Vita! I hate that Sony/Playstation for abandoning it here in the states!!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  3. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I know there is a couple copies of like 2 or 3 games, i keep cases in the closet and pics were taken at 2 diff. times and i was too lazy to go through them and find out which ones i had already taken a pic. of. There is a couple i have gotten lately that aren't in the pics too, one of them is Marvel vs. Capcom and forget the others lol.

Edit: If a Dev can fix these pictures so they are in a row across, that would be good so i don't take up so much post space, i couldn't figure it out =S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought i'd add the pic of my Laptop Case that i take almost everywhere with me that holds my PS Vita (all 73 hard copy games), 3DS (w/30 games) and all the charging Battery Banks to last for days without power, plus phone and camera. https://postimg.org/image/x4k2a2eu1/

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Seeing some great games here guys!

Kenza and Roscoe Jones like this.
  6. Roscoe Jones

Nice solid collection! If you see my pic, which are my Vita games neatly in a box for now, I don't really play sport games nor have the tolerance for Lego games but nearly anything else...I'm into!

Kenza and Miguel like this.
  7. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I can't quit playing My Madden 13, one of the first games i got and it's my go to game when i'm not sure what to play. I haven't even played any of the Lego games (except Chima for like an hour), bought those for the Grandkids...although ever since i got Minecraft that's about the only thing they play. Thanx Roscoe and You have a Nice Collection there too, as does a lot of people that have posted, some collections are simply amazing =).

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    DojoDan likes this.
  8. Roscoe Jones

Oh ok cool! We gotta old-school gamer here!

Kenza likes this.
  9. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I'm bad, but couldn't help but to order a new copy of Natural Doctrine (NA) for $45 off Amazon, Couldn't find one off Ebay for any cheaper that was a sealed copy. It's a rough Vita Life =S

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  10. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

If it was an option, PAL version of that game is actually way cheaper and considering PS Vita is region free that one should work.

11. Roscoe Jones

Yeah it is, i have sooo many (physical) vita games to play. Check out limitedrungames.com! I believe the Vita and Vita games may be super rare gems in 15 years more or less. It's gonna be expensive as h3ll! I'm telling you..collectors and game-enthusiasts just may realize how great the system is. People said it's dead and gemicky but it really isn't, especially in the far east [nihonjin love the vita (japanese folk) where gaming is somewhat of a different animal or philosophy], i look at the 'gemicks' as extra controls...and you know how wonderful a game can be once you mastered all the controls in the game like unit 13, I used all the controls and it was pleasant after I mastered all the controls (including touch screen and rear touch pad-not rear touch screen people that's retarted-[hate when people say rear touch screen ahhhhh!].

Kenza and zodaex like this.
  12. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I have bought 2 PAL versions, but i checked them before i bought to make sure there was no DLC (Sly Collection, Ratchet and Clank) since that is one of the problems with getting those and only having a NA account...you can't add any DLC.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  13. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I have checked it a couple of times (LimitedRunGames) and they don't produce any games i would be interested in, seems like all them are retro games.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  14. Exia

Exia Member

Not retro, but current inde games. you can buy most of them digital at much lower prices on PSN store.

Kenza likes this.
  15. Roscoe Jones

They basically make digital downloads into physical format with Sony Playstation permission or license. I only buy the ones I'm gonna play. People buy and sell them for double triple the price (scalpers). Vita games are gonna be rear expensive gems in the future. Some are now actually, mostly english release which are more popular in English language countries. LRG is one if the companies keeping the Vita alive.

16. Roscoe Jones

There may be away to get dlc if plugging the vita up to your computer....the rest is left up to how to get content onto t he memory card...

17. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Didn't the Sly Collection in NA have DLC for the third episode?

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  18. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

I'm all for keeping the Vita alive, although i feel it's already on Life Support for me, since i don't like MOST (notice i'm not saying all) Retro, Indies, Japanamation, etc. I bought the Vita for the Next Generation of Games on Handheld...I've had about every console since Pong in the Mid 70's and really don't want to "re-live" older games. Sony came out, i think, in 2014 (or 2015) and said they / the game producers were not planning to produce any AAA titles for it, that was a big downer for me. =(

Collection Update: (Thought i'd post a pic of some of the stuff i have in the closet to make sure i can play Vita for years to come) Nothing compared to some that have shown like 6 backup Vita's though LoL

[​IMG]

Digit, I'm not sure now, but i checked back in the day and didn't see anything...

rajat, Roscoe Jones and DojoDan like this.
  19. Roscoe Jones

I can stipulate that the Vita here in the states is on life support, seemingly so. It's a 'niche' system (here in the states) now which had [and still has IMO] potential to be the ultimate handheld. IMO it's the best made handheld and most games you don't necessarily have to use touch controls or the gyroscope function. WIPEOUT 2048 is great I'm still playing it despite its difficulty. 2048 should most def work on the PSTV I'll totally rip that game with my dualshock 4! Vita is no doubt the true true successor to the PSP but, only if it had a similar library to PSP's game library...Sony fixed everything that was wrong with the PSP in the Vita but... Its ALL IN THE GAMES. Thats how nintendo remained a giant in the handheld gaming scene. Low tech but simple hardware plus a mega library of games from mediocre to AAA or smash hit titles equals a lifetime of virtual fun! Their handheld weren't difficult to develop for versus the vita. The Vita is alive and well in the east and far east - Japan. There, they have a bit of a different taste, philosophy and perspective in video games and handhelds are the most popular consoles versus your traditional consoles in Japan like the ps4, Wii or your Xboxs. Americans have their own philosophy and perception of video games. So it would have took for American devs to produce for the system with the help of Sony supporting their own product-damn Sony!!!:mad: Love Sony tho....With Monster Hunter. Only then would have the Vita have succeeded in the states...oh yeah poor marketing is another blow for it.

Funny story, I walked into a gamestop four years ago looked around and saw this next-gen PSP called...the PS V..Vita!? Whaaaa?! Read the specs on the box...SOLD! Im anime nihongo otaku dude so this system is for me...and i saw Ys Memories of Celceta for PS Vita and was blown away...SOLD!! So I Never saw or heard that Sony came out with a "new psp II" so-to-speak called the vita! I was out of the gaming scene at the time and I saw noooo commercials or promos for this system. [I just may have read about the vita right before I purchased it I think not sure tho]. Keep your Vita, they're going up in price especially the 1000 model. In the future the Vita is gonna be mega expensive including all the good games! If you follow the collection thread you'll see my vita collection. It's huge. All in a box for now until i get shelving. I'm a handheld gamer first. Always have. If Sony would have allowed players to connect dualshock 4 controllers directly to the vita to play all games and had first party support, again, it would have been great. They have the tech. But all in all, I love my vita!:).

Kenza likes this.
  20. Roscoe Jones

Hmmm not sure I haven't touched my copy yet...you just now reminded me that I need to play mine after I'm done Rayman Orgins.

21. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

Totally Agree with you on the Marketing of the PS Vita, I actually did see a 2 commercials on it, but if i remember right, one of them didn't even mention the PS Vita till the very end and ironically it was a really terrible commercial that most probably didn't even bother paying attention long enough to see what the commercial was for. I can say from my experience that not one of my Family or Friends knew what a PS Vita was until i showed them and still to this day, have never met a person that knows about them (Maybe that just means i live a sheltered life too LoL). i.e. When i'm out i've had a lot ask what it is, but never say, "Oh you got a PS Vita".

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  22. Roscoe Jones

You saw a TV commercial of the vita?? I wonder what Sony actually intended on the Vita to be...it may have been hard to develop for, too. I think marketing actually killed it (imo it wasn't completely killed off). Not the proprietary memory cards..like people like to harp or rant or band-wagon about. Almost Every system had some type of proprietary memory card or source. So that's not it but maybe the costs didn't help. Companies also don't like there software or hardware hacked and taking advantaged of (hmmmm). Yeah I can see and understand that people don't know of the system's existence. Especially if you're not really (or care about) into video games much. I actually haven't met anyone with a Vita out in the wild, myself. I think that's why I'm such a vita supporter/player/enthusiast. I'm passionate about this little powerhouse. It's a true hidden gem. If you branch out to the uk or Canada you'll find some great titles and ports. Yeah yeah lol its funny...I've had people ask what it is and first I'll ask them have they heard of the PSP. Then I'll just tell them okay so the Vita is basically just (the)a PSP 2 and they reply saying "oooooooo okay I got it" lol hahaha! Or I'll just say it's a playstation. Its actually funny because, everyone and i mean everyone know about the gameboy....

23. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

All in all, i think i seen 2 different commercials...1 time each, so it makes it hard to even remember...guess i could have a youtube moment and find them. I just have to agree with you on all points and have nothing of significance to add. =) Ok, one thing, Memory does hurt at the prices they are now, I'm all almost full on memory cards (1.5GB free after i deleted a few games i paid for, but didn't like much), in which i'm working with 8 cards with 64gb of memory total and if you go to buy these cards now your paying a premium. The company that's losing out in the end is Sony, because even though i would pay for more Digital Games (not my preference of course), they will not be getting anymore of my money because i'm out of storage space!

P.S. Some Games updates are Crazy too,
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had an update that uses 750mb or so on my card and i have never bought the DLC. Is that a deviant practice? Makes me think that they did that only to fill up memory cards and have people pay more for cards as they (Sony) "thought" the Vita was failing....Now, they have increased the price of the cards in which they are "region free". So to buy a game, your not only paying inflated prices (if your not buying on sale or PS Plus), you got to figure in the price of the memory your taking up on your card....Arrrghhh! Sorry, i'm maybe too passionate about the Vita LoL. @Kenza.rant

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  24. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I know a better example, Minecraft update 830+ mb or Senran Kagura Estival Versus update 1,9+ GB.

But those updates at least do something, you get more free content with them.

Kenza likes this.
  25. Kenza

Kenza Active Member

Gah, hate me if you all will or want to....but another @Kenza.rant i have is the fact i bought World of Final Fantasy and there were no English subs in it till about a week or 2 later, i had already downloaded the Japanese language one because i would rather hear a language i can't understand than have to watch their mouths move and hear nothing....There is another 750 mb of info i can't delete unless i delete everything (saved games, dubs, etc.)