Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Then we're set once we lvl up in the game.

shadowman likes this.
  2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I would be up for some multiplayer; I've been playing it recently aswell got to like zone 12 i think

PSN Unleashing168

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  3. FearlessSasuke

Looks like we have our group of three, all that's left is to get stronger.

4. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

As much as I suck at it, I'm trying salt & sanctuary again due to a lil forum encouragement. We'll see how it goes.

I'm a total loot-whore & am having a bit of trouble finding just the right game to scratch my loot-cravings. Dungeon Hunter Alliance was doing it for a bit, but I needed to take a break. Any suggestions?

5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Dungeon Travellers?

6. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Steamworld Dig is a fun one! -I haven't played it in awhile, ...i'll have to.

I am STILL playing Hot Shots Golf. I love the online presence and tournaments that are available. I am having a blast playing against the online community (of which there are a healthy 500 or so players every week).

7. Tuumis

Tuumis Subscribe to my YouTube!

Got Rocketbirds 2: Evolution from Easter sales, super fan game! So playing that now. 1st game is also very good!¨

Here's again some of my gameplay:

8. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Working my way through Day of the Tentacle. I've come to terms that I just don't like point and click games not called "Broken Sword". I just have too many problems figuring out which items are supposed to be used for which puzzles, the vagueness kills me. I love the story and characters though so I'll soldier through it - exactly the same issues I had with Grim Fandango only now you have 3 characters and 3 time periods which makes things more complicated (at least, it does for me!)

Also played a few songs on Superbeat Xonic. Still just as great as usual, though I stand no chance of clearing the last few challenges on the world tour mode, some of those songs are just too darn hard for me to 90-95% clear!

9. shadowman

Played more Day of the Tentacle with the aid of a guide. Yeah, I'd never have figured most of this stuff out myself in a million years. Excellent dialogue and story though so I'm still really enjoying myself.

10. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Started Root Letter to be able to play on the big screen. Looks cool but the art is disappointing...

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  11. FearlessSasuke

Got to zone 11 on silent hill book of memories, had to restart from my zone 17 save since I read their was a charm the 4 leaf clover one that gave you more durability on your weapons.

12. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Is Rockebirds a turn based strategy type game ...from what i can see it looks a bit like steam world heist in terms of game play??

-----

I've been playing Gran Kingdom which is a pretty good game, ..although I am not into the story line the turn based fighting is fun and challenging. Its not a great game, but its good. I'd call it "Good Kingdom" ;)

13. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Loving Rayman Legends at the min , (working through a big backlog) . This to me is a triple A game. Graphics charming and lush and gameplay sublime and im having a ball replaying levels to. Touchscreen control parts are fun to. :)

shadowman likes this.
  14. shadowman

Rocket Birds (the first one at least) was more of a puzzle platformer game with action elements (you get runs, but combat is fairly basic). Its not turn based. Its also got a brilliant soundtrack, one of the few games where I listen to the soundtrack outside of the game.

Anyway, I've mainly been busy on my PS4 so Vita playtime has been limited. However I did play some Superbeat Xonic for those moments where I had a few spare minutes and still love it. Definitely one of the two best music games for the Vita (with DJ Max being the other). Probably have over 200+ hours clocked on both games combined at least. I finally managed to clear one of the level 35 would tour challenges I had left (a 3 track challenge which included Bang Bang Groove...). Took me many tries to get a 90% clear rating, but I've finally got those tracks down to a point where I'm ok with them. Can't do any of the harder 6 track challenges though so I think this is where I stop playing the world tour mode!

15. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Just beat Actual Sunlight, that was kinda depressing...

Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. shadowman

Finally started on a new game - Lumo. Its an isometric platformer, seems really fun so far. The controls are solid which is always the most important thing for me in any of these games. Its designed so that you have to traverse from room to room solving the platforming puzzles. At the moment its pretty straight forward but it'll no doubt get way tougher later on. Only issue I have is the rather janky way you transition from one screen to the next, its not very clean or smooth, and since some rooms are very small/simple you experience this quite a bit in the beginning area.
    Secrets are well done and I can already tell I want to shoot for all the trophies in this game. I can already tell that I'll enjoy my time with this game.

17. strangeseraph

strangeseraph Member

I'm playing Norn 9, one of the few Otome games released in English. Its kind of Meh. You start playing AS one of the dudes, but then you get to pick which of the female protagonists you want to be later on. Which is weird. I'm just getting into it, its set in space, on a space ship with about 9 guys you can woo. :p I've also picked up Persona 4 Golden which everyone says is the game to have on Vita and can't wait to try it! But I like to finish a game I'm already playing first because otherwise you lose the mojo and interest and never finish the game.

shadowman likes this.
  18. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

I never have time to play my physical titles never mind digital but i recieved a 20 psn card as a thank you so i downloaded Fez ....never played it before on any format ....took 10 minutes getting my head used to all the rotation and it clicked. Enjoying it so far ...now what to buy with the remaing 12 quid :)

Flying_Pig likes this.
  19. shadowman

Getting much further in Lumo. Unfortunately the camera really ruins this game - isometric platformers have always had the problem of making it insanely hard to judge where a platform is and this game suffers from this greatly. Its ok to begin with as the game starts off rather easy. Problem is when the game gets tougher, the camera completely fails the player making what should be a fun challenge, frustratingly difficult in places. Which is a great shame as the actual design of the levels and hidden areas rocks.

*edit* Finished Lumo, actually didn't have much left! Yeah, camera kills it for me, I should never have this issue when playing a platformer as it actively worked against me. Restarted the game on my PS4 and its better - the shadows are visible and the larger screen size help pick things out better (plus it runs silky smooth which is incredibly pleasant as well!
    Now working on all but one of the trophies - I'm still sane enough not to try the oldschool trophy - which is clearing the game with saving disabled and a very finite amount of lives available. Judging by the number of issues I had with the game camera I'd never finish it on that mode. Pity as I do really enjoy the game!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  20. Pircvita

Pircvita New Member

Playing resistance burning skyes, need 3 people for the multiplayer trophy.. Add me please someone: pircvita

21. kborom

kborom Member

Salt and Sanctuary as well, it's very dark though (even with torches) and the UI is poor, the red font is almost black and the other writing is absolutely tiny.

22. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I finished Salt And Sanctuary yesterday after about 40 hours playtime, I'm half way through new game plus now....... jesus this game is so frigging addictive

I had the PS4 version last year but decided to wait and play Vita version and I am glad I did; it's far better suited to the Vita (just don't try on PSTV - fail)

Absolutely crazy amount of random crashes in the game, but that did not put me off.... they have since patched to remove the crashes which is good

Cannot reccommend this game enough, absolute bargain for the money! Brilliant fun!

I had no issues with the font or text, game is a little dark in places but that's to be expected

Picked up the Walking Dead Season 1 for £4 in the sale yesterday so I'm going to start on that on my PSTV next

Flying_Pig likes this.
  23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Have put a few hours into this one so far & I'm really enjoying it. The brown palette is straining my eyes somewhat though, so I can only play in short bursts of 30 minutes or so.

24. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Put about 20-25 hours into Grand Kingdom. Its a really good game on many levels and has the right amount of complexity. However I find the game doesn't give a lot of incentive to keep going. I am just not that motivated with this one.

25. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

My wife was actually interested in this one.

What do you mean with the lack of motivation?

Is it a lack of story to keep you going or something? Lack of visible progress?