Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

The missions after you meet up with Scully had lag on my Vita.

As for ACL, Digital Foundry made a framerate test of it on YouTube.

I like F1 2011, but on the Vita it's extremely easy for me, and changing the controlls to more realistic is not an option on the Vita because then it's nearly unplayable.

Started Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and I already like it, very nice artstyle and music.

Roscoe Jones and zodaex like this.
  2. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Yeah, to be honest I have found myself playing my PSP more and more, -and dare I say more than my Vita. The library for the PSP is just so extensive.

...thinking of re-downloading Darkest Dungeon and starting over once the new DLC is available. I really did like that game, -just got too frustrating. But hoping the new DLC will solve some of that.

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Ah yes, is that where you are rowing for half the mission? I loved the water on that level, can't personally recall getting annoyed at that frame rate. Its definitely not as bad as something like Disney Infinity 2.0, that just ran bad all the time! (along with many other performance related issues!)

I took your advice and swapped the controls round on F1, made the world of difference, really nice now. I also turned off the penalty system, makes the game less lifelike but if there is one thing I learned from Moto GP on the Vita, having it more lifelike makes it way less fun. Penalties suck the fun out of the game for me, I'd rather it feel like an arcadey racer!

4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Finished CounterSpy & thoroughly enjoyed it. Loading times were a bit annoying, especially as I kept quitting missions when everything went wrong from the start! However, it didn't dampen my enthusiasm for the game & after completion, I was left wanting more which means I enjoyed it a lot.

zodaex, The_stats_guy and shadowman like this.
  5. shadowman

Racing through Guacamelee. Just beaten Flame Face and done some mopping up of power ups before the Jaguar boss battle. The combat just gets better and better with each new powerup, being able to chain my moves together into workable combos still feels so damn fun. Some of the later areas look so damn nice on the OLED screen. I'll be interested to see how tough Jaguar is this time round though, as he was watered down in the PS4 port.

zodaex likes this.
  6. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I'm saving guacamelee for a rainy day given how good I know it is.

Still playing SAO:HF. Love the crisp graphics and the dialogue/story. Already stuck though trying to get to the floor 77 boss. I think I need to defeat the NM goblin king first, but have no idea where to find him.

Also had a play (arcade style) on nidhogg and ultratron. Great little games that deserve a physical release IMO. I suppose the latter is possible through LRG given that it is curve digital.

Also half way through new n tasty. I never got to the end due to distractions, so I am determined this time around

Roscoe Jones and Mr Tornado like this.
  7. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones Well-Known Member

This game got some good ratings I see! I may get this added to the backlog someday!

shadowman likes this.
  8. Roscoe Jones

In addition to my status here's a couple snap shots of what I'm play; main game...

[​IMG]
    Whoa! The fairies in Rayman Orgins...Rayman is in awe in this shot here lol and so am I! Gosh! He's drooling!
    [​IMG]
    Man, the visuals are spectacular...this level here males you want Kool-aid, fruit candies, actual fruit and water ice!! Mmmm. Hot Fairies, visuals and tasty treats! However, this game is hard as h3ll when you're trying to 100% it!

zodaex, shadowman and FearlessSasuke like this.
  9. shadowman

Spent much more time on F1 2011. Managed to clear 10 of 18 (all but one in pole position) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm wondering if the difficulty is too easy at the moment... I'm playing on medium difficulty but thanks to good qualifying times I usually don't have to fight against other racers... Now working on one trophy that requires me to clear a 100% distance race (50 odd laps). That'll take a while!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  10. Mr Tornado

Started Modnation Racers earlier on after reading about the servers being shut down in the near future & I'm not sure what to make of it.

11. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I love this game, but it is so difficult in the later stages.... so much going on, it is so hard to stay on the track lol

Mr Tornado likes this.
  12. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Roscoe Jones,

-so do you like Rayman? I don't have that one ..and don't believe I've ever played it on any device. Is it a side-scroller?

Also, I'll have to check out Guacamole (sp?), ...not sure why it's never interested me ..but hey, if everyone says its that good. ;)

13. Beard

Beard It's on the house.

Roscoe Jones Wow, the visuals in Rayman Origins are stunning! I'll have to pick that up eventually.

Lately I've been trying to better my scores in Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. I've also started playing The Swapper. Really interesting game with a great atmosphere and challenging puzzles.

Roscoe Jones, zodaex and shadowman like this.
  14. shadowman

Excellent choices. Swapper is a really amazing game, some brilliant puzzles and excellent gameplay.

Good luck on Hotline Miami 2 though, I've still yet to built up the courage to go back and hit up hard mode and A+ ranks on that one, some of the level design kicks my ass due to its huge size. I've plat'ed the original twice though! Love that game, its pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Beard likes this.
  15. Novelhellsing

Novelhellsing Active Member

Currently I'm playing odin sphere and Utawarerumono. I need to beat odin sphere before tokyo xandu comes out cuz thats the next good I'm going to play!

zodaex likes this.
  16. Mr Tornado

Hehe. I've only put an hour or so into it, but I'm struggling, though I always do with handheld racing games. I'm constantly peering into the distance to see where the track changes direction etc so after a while, my eyes get very tired.

17. shadowman

Finished my first playthrough on Guacamelee. Now I just need to finish it again (on hard mode) and I'll have the platinum trophy. Its weird, the final boss seemed easier than I remember...

zodaex likes this.
  18. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I suck at internet abbreviations. Are you asking if guacamelee is Single Player? This game is the polar opposite of a singleplayer game. It's 4 player (generally the max players Vita games support)

19. Roscoe Jones

Yeah! Get Rayman Legends too! Downside is Legends isn't pstv compatible unless it's patched by now. Welcome to thevitalounge.net!

Beard and zodaex like this.
  20. Roscoe Jones

Whoooooooa! That's wicked! I just bought this game spanking new. Broke the seal but haven't touched it yet. Please tell me it's pstv compatible so I can use my dualshock 4 on my 22" monitor! Last I checked its on the whitelist so it should I believe...

21. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Origins is but Legends and Origins + Legends is not. And sorry to burst your bubble, but the Lounges' compatibility list is 10% wrong and they refuse to fix it even with community guidance.. PM me if you'd honestly like to know if a game is compatible or not.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  22. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

sp? is often used when correcting or questioning one's own spelling. So he was not sure if he spelled Guacamelee correctly

zodaex likes this.
  23. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Speaking of Guacamelee, I tried it last night for literally a couple of minutes as I didn't have much time. Seems ok so far.

24. damianiw

damianiw New Member

Hi everyone had my vita about a year and been reading but never got round to posting :) got my vita slim a good price second hand and quickly ate through 4gb then 8gb memory cards before biting the bullet and getting a 64gb as always seem to be psn deals.

Just finished persona 4 golden, a slow starter but one of the best jrpgs ive played since final fantasy 2 &3on snes import back in the 90s

Previously finished uncharted which was good for a handheld game

Now playing puyopuyo Tetris which I imported a while ago and had to wait to finish persona, also have Odin sphere on the back burner.

Whenever I see a reasonably priced physical or bargain psn game I pick them up so got a bit of a backlog but interesting to read comments on f1 2011 here, I already picked up need for speed most wanted and was pleased to find I can play custom music in music player and launch game :)

Would pickup a pstv if I saw a bargain, would also like a second vita for multiplayer with family - do most games need two copies though ?

shadowman and Kalvort like this.
  25. Beard

Beard It's on the house.

Yeah, Hotline Miami 2 is currently kicking my butt right now, haha, but I'm really enjoying it. I totally agree that the original is pretty much perfect--it's one of my favorites of all time. The soundtrack is amazing.

Ooh, I'll definitely have to add that to my "To Buy" list! Thanks for the recommendation, and thank you for the welcome! :)

Roscoe Jones likes this.