Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I've been slowly playing through Modnation Racers (been watching too much tennis & cycling on the TV). I'm on Tour 4 now & I think I'm quite enjoying it, though being in 1st place only to be taken out by a weapon mere yards from the chequered flag...

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Still busy with Utawarerumono Mask of Deception, jeez that's a long time I got into a game THAT much in 1 go.

Adam Anouer and shadowman like this.
  3. Adam Anouer

Adam Anouer Well-Known Member

Exactly how it should be ;) something I should look forward to? I haven't touched it just yet, not had the chance to.

I've been playing Killzone Mercenaries this time with the benefit of hindsight having played the other games in the series and taking away the technical accomplishments of this game on the vita and it's controls (because I can't stand touch screen anything) I really have a new found appreciation for this game. I was wondering how this game stacks up to the rest of the series within it's own universe and let's just say it doesn't fall short... at all. Everything you'd expect from a main series Killzone game is here and accounted for from the motives of the Hellghast to how difficult the game can get at points. Nothing feels out of place in this game and if there are any KZ fans who haven't played this, I think they'd love this game.

It's very similar to how I felt about Uncharted Golden Abyss, another game who's touch screen menu's pissed me off for being completely unneeded. Everything within the story and the universe is about as true to it's source material as you could ask for barring that Golden Abyss is non canon. Nate acts exactly the way you'd expect him to in any of the games and that goes for Sully as well.

4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've still not forgiving GG for how evil they made that Radec fight at the end of Killzone 2. I mean, the game rocks but damn that was a tough moment. It was easier on the replay though. Killzone 1 could be really evil though, fairly certain that didn't have checkpoints? (did the PS3 version put some in? either way, it doesn't pull its punches).

Anyway, between Garou MOTW playthroughs I tried Exploding Zoo. And quickly stopped. Not my kind of game at all, seems like a dime a dozen indie puzzle title that just isn't all that fun or appealing to me. So next up is Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero. And I like it. A lot. I've really enjoyed the Shantae games and 3 levels in I feel like this might be my favourite in terms of level design - Risky's Revenge was fairly short on content and the dungeons were very Super Metroid inspired (at least it felt that way) while Pirates Curse gave you more, smaller dungeons to explore that were still fairly expansive but slightly more linear so it was harder to get lost and minute to minute gameplay felt faster paced. Now the latest game has levels broken down into stages and feels more linear - with really fast paced platforming and action. This is actually a plus for me as it feels like the perfect blend of what I wanted the series to be. There is still plenty of secrets to find in the levels so exploration is still important, but this is definitely a game that clicked with me from the get go. Its also got a killer soundtrack, wonderful character graphics and a nice sense of humor. Only slight minor points are that the backgrounds are rather simple 3D BG's (rather than hand drawn like the characters) so they look a bit crap by comparison, and the performance isn't silky smooth (but still perfectly playable).
    So basically its another platformer that'll have me playing it for hours to get all the trophies (or almost all of them, darn speed run trophies...)

5. mimsy89

mimsy89 New Member

I just got God Eater 2 and Freedom Wars. Tried online for god eater but had no luck finding online players. Seems good so far

6. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Member

After a stint of playing some PS4 (Final Fantasy XV, the Last Guardian, Everybody's gone to the Rapture, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, inFamous Second Son/First light and Watch Dogs), some PS3 (Yakuza 5), some 3DS (Bravely Second: End Layer) and some WiiU (Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles X), I'm finally back on the Vita starting with Toukiden Kiwami.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. shadowman

Finished off my 100% run on Shantae (just got the speed runs left now) and have given Farming Sim 2018 a try. Again, its pretty much identical to past entries in the series, they've added Cattle now but that seems to be about it. Its still incredibly addictive somehow despite being a very averrage and repetitive game.

zodaex likes this.
  8. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Coming towards the end of shovel knight. An absolutely amazing game. Should finish by tomorrow.

Gonna move onto drive girls after this.... although not sure if i'll like it yet. Hopefully it is like the neptunia rebirth games

zodaex and shadowman like this.
  9. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones Well-Known Member

Awesome! I have both games haven't touched just yet and wish both were pstv compatible. I'll give you food for thought unless known already, the Vita was basically created as a PSP-2 (fixed everything wrong with the psp minus the touch controls)to go up against mobile/smartphone gaming and tablet gaming as well. So, the Vita kinda had its hands in the video gaming and mobile phone gaming scenes. It kinda 'flopped' because A LOT of people fail to realize this or understand the motive behind the Vita or purpose because of bad bad marketing. Was the psp marketing better? Anyone please answer this question because, I don't recall great marketing for the psp BUT it was marketed better than (my beloved)Vita. I learned to accept and use the touch controls despite the fact that I am a traditional gamer/enthusiast. When gaming on the Vita just keep in mind that you're basically gaming on a smartphone-table-handheld gaming console, so there will be a lil or a lot of touch controls. P.S. I avoid touch if I can;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017 at 1:20 PM
    zodaex likes this.
  10. shadowman

My farm is expanding slowly in Farming Sim '18! Its still bizarrely addictive but I think I'm at a decent point where I don't have any downtime for my vehicles and am always doing something to make money. Definitely seems like its easier to make money than in the last game, pity that some of the crops seem useless in terms of making money...

11. IDURRRPS

IDURRRPS New Member

Hey does anyone want to play Borderlands 2.

12. Bax2blade

Bax2blade New Member

I have nothing to play, no idea what to buy next... suggestions?

13. IDURRRPS

IDURRRPS New Member

I suggest getting Borderlands 2 if you like open world fps games or persona 4 golden if you're into Japanese rpg. If you just want a good platformer you should get little big Planet vita

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  14. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones Well-Known Member

Check, vita players collection threads and forums on here. N do some research on the games

15. Bax2blade

Bax2blade New Member

I played borderlands 2 on console, not sure if I want to play it again, already played persona 4 golden and little big planet. I already played cold steel 1 & 2, disappointed 3 isn't releasing on vita.

16. Vita_Girl

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus maybe?

17. Bax2blade

Bax2blade New Member

Got em... But I do think I know which game to buy next, I read somebody say Tokyo Xanadu and by looking at it, it reminds me of Persona/Cold steel. I found my next game.

18. Vita_Girl

Tokyo Xanadu is on my radar too, I did already pre-order the PAL version.

19. Bax2blade

Bax2blade New Member

Won't be long before Tokyo Xandadu is released. I will wait until it's released, gotta order it online since I'm banned from my local gaming store, not to mention my local stores don't sell vita games anymore.