Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

Playing Tokyo Xanadu. This game is fantastic! It's like Trails of Cold Steel but with a real-time battle system

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to getting this game myself. Sounds like a really fun game from what I've heard.

3. Ayumi97

Ayumi97 Member

Personally, I'm playing Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey ! I have passed the exam so I'm doing some "after quests" ☆ I really like this game because Firis is so damn cute ♡

I have bought Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Book (I'm going to play it after Atelier Firis) and I'm waiting for YS VIII Lacrimosa of Dana (it seems so cool, I can't wait September !!!!) ~

4. shadowman

Since I have the DLC, I'm doing a replay of Steamworld Heist on a slightly higher difficulty. I'm planning on clearing the DLC and hopefully scooping up a few more trophies as I go. Almost drained my battery playing the game tonight. Yeah, its just as excellent and addictive as ever!

5. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

The closest game I've played in the Vita that's similar to Zelda is Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. It plays a lot like the Zelda games from the SNES, GB, and GBA.

Another one is Oceanhorn, although I haven't bought that one yet.

DojoDan likes this.
  6. shadowman

More Steamworld Heist. I really can't praise this game enough, I can loose countless hours to the game and never get bored. Almost ready to tackle the first boss, just leveling up a bit more first.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  7. Sundance

Sundance Member

Beat 999 in nonary games now I'm playing Zero Time Dilemma.

8. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

Trying out Neon Chrome. It's on sale right now on the US Playstation Store for $4.49.

Just got to chapter 7 in Tokyo Xanadu. So far this is the best game on the Vita I've played this year.

9. shadowman

Spent part of the afternoon playing Kung Fury. Its a basic yet addictive two button action game. Only issues I have with the games are that all but one character seems fairly useless and its far too easy to get destroyed by a mob of enemies and you have no way of knowing what is going on, who hit you and who you need to attack next. It was really cheap though so I feel I got my moneys worth out of it, but I can't see me trying to get the last couple of trophies I'm short.

10. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Startet with Superbeat Xonic. Such an awesome game. I like DJ Max a bit more (my Favorite Vita Game), but its still really good. Too bad its so damn hard...

11. shadowman

The last few songs really tested my skills. Still can't clear the mission mode as some of the challenges are nuts. Then again the last few songs in DJ Max also kick my ass. I love both games very much, I want to grab some of the PSP DJ Max games but I'm waiting on the PS4 version instead, sounds like a "best of" compilation game in terms of songs.

12. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Member

Done with Toukiden: Kiwami. Not as good as Soul Sacrifice: Delta, on par with Freedom Wars, so still very good. It was enjoyable all the way through. Also did Breath of the Wild on Wii U, absolutely fantastic game, probably in my top 5 games of all time (that I have played) list. Next up is Akibas Beat.

13. Lando452

Lando452 Member

Y's Origin

14. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

Just finished Tokyo Xanadu, now playing Akiba's Beat. Wow this game runs at 60 FPS

15. Lando452

Lando452 Member

Is this game US release or only Japan? looks very cool

16. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

US release

17. shadowman

Really? Akiba's Beat runs at 60FPS? The last one on the Vita couldn't hold 30FPS, so colour me impressed :)

18. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I've been playing Tokyo Xanadu on my week off work, although I just had to turn it off as I had been playing for 8 hours...

great fun

19. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

I don't know how to prove it, I've been searching on the internet about the FPS of Akiba's Beat on PS Vita but I found nothing. You'll just have to try it yourself lol. I just noticed it because I've played a lot of Vita games and Akiba's Beat runs way smoother than any RPG I've played before.

20. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finished Neon Chrome (very decent game - one to recommend) so back to finish off Ratchet & Clank - especially once I'd cleared the extremely annoying 2nd hover board race - which should be done over the next day or so, although that'll depend on whether I go back to mop up a few trophies...

And then I guess I'll do a 4th character run on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - I will finish that game one day!

21. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Member

Finished akibas beat, such an under appreciated gem! I though I was in for a 20 hour adventure like akibas trip...boy was I wrong, this is a long game, especially if you are going for the true ending like I did....

They say this game plays a bit like a Tales of... game and there are similarities yes but that's mostly the battle/skill system, otherwise this is it's own unique breed.

Next up another long one: SAO: Hollow Realization. And I bought the season pass too...