Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Startet with Superbeat Xonic. Such an awesome game. I like DJ Max a bit more (my Favorite Vita Game), but its still really good. Too bad its so damn hard...

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

The last few songs really tested my skills. Still can't clear the mission mode as some of the challenges are nuts. Then again the last few songs in DJ Max also kick my ass. I love both games very much, I want to grab some of the PSP DJ Max games but I'm waiting on the PS4 version instead, sounds like a "best of" compilation game in terms of songs.

3. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Done with Toukiden: Kiwami. Not as good as Soul Sacrifice: Delta, on par with Freedom Wars, so still very good. It was enjoyable all the way through. Also did Breath of the Wild on Wii U, absolutely fantastic game, probably in my top 5 games of all time (that I have played) list. Next up is Akibas Beat.

4. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Y's Origin

5. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Just finished Tokyo Xanadu, now playing Akiba's Beat. Wow this game runs at 60 FPS

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  6. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Is this game US release or only Japan? looks very cool

7. Axeru777

US release

8. shadowman

Really? Akiba's Beat runs at 60FPS? The last one on the Vita couldn't hold 30FPS, so colour me impressed :)

9. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I've been playing Tokyo Xanadu on my week off work, although I just had to turn it off as I had been playing for 8 hours...

great fun

10. Axeru777

I don't know how to prove it, I've been searching on the internet about the FPS of Akiba's Beat on PS Vita but I found nothing. You'll just have to try it yourself lol. I just noticed it because I've played a lot of Vita games and Akiba's Beat runs way smoother than any RPG I've played before.

11. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finished Neon Chrome (very decent game - one to recommend) so back to finish off Ratchet & Clank - especially once I'd cleared the extremely annoying 2nd hover board race - which should be done over the next day or so, although that'll depend on whether I go back to mop up a few trophies...

And then I guess I'll do a 4th character run on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - I will finish that game one day!

12. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished akibas beat, such an under appreciated gem! I though I was in for a 20 hour adventure like akibas trip...boy was I wrong, this is a long game, especially if you are going for the true ending like I did....

They say this game plays a bit like a Tales of... game and there are similarities yes but that's mostly the battle/skill system, otherwise this is it's own unique breed.

Next up another long one: SAO: Hollow Realization. And I bought the season pass too...

Axeru777 likes this.
  13. shadowman

More Steamworld Heist. About halfway through the second set of levels now, and I quite like the team I'm currently using. More variety in both weapons and abilities compared to my first playthrough which offsets the harder difficulty level nicely. The real challenge will be the second boss, which caused me a great deal of trouble the first time round, if I can clear that level more efficiently this time round I'll be very happy indeed!

14. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Playing Grand Kingdom. This has got to be the most complex game on the Vita... I'm level 30 and I still don't understand half of what's going on.

15. Axeru777

I
    I'm playing Akiba's Beat and I totally agree with you. I don't understand why this game got low review scores from critics. The story is unique and the twists will blow your mind. The battle system is fun too.

16. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Been playing three different games lately. Men's Room Mayhem, yeah, no. I have nightmares about toilets so don't know why I started it. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - played it for 3 or so hours & had fun with it, despite nearly dropping my Vita twice as I mashed the buttons. TxK. Wow, talk about being pulled into a trance with the music & graphics. Very,very nice.

17. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Playing NEW LITTLE KINGS STORY at the moment. There are some boring parts and the framerate is far... and i mean faaaaaar away from perfect... but i will finish it. Its a unique game on the vita.

18. Flying_Pig

Just mopping up a few trophies on Ratchet & Clank (mainly skill points etc), and then on to something else - maybe my 4th Character on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Oswald), or maybe something new like Risk of Rain, WRC4 or Xenoraid.... Decisions, decisions :)

19. shadowman

Finished up my second run on Steamworld Heist. Easily as enjoyable as the first run, managed to scrape my trophy completion percentage up as well to 72% (was 44%). The DLC is ace as well, so that's worth a play if you enjoy the game (makes some of the hat trophies way easier to get as well). I'll no doubt play it again some time, I have a couple of difficulty trophies left and one for clearing it in a certain amount of steps etc.

20. Flying_Pig

I really enjoyed Steamworld Heist as well - really great game :)
    In the end I went for WRC4 as I do like a racing game. It seems OK so far - definitely not the best racer I've played, but decent fun so far :)

shadowman likes this.
  21. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I am alternating between aquakitty and hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 2. Enjoying them both

I usually like to default to "normal" mode, but aquakitty is so damn difficult. I can't get past the 2nd boss level. When i switch to "easy", it makes me start again from level 1... i guess it won't take me long to catch up.

Hyperdimension is as good as the first, but i do hate losing a long battle to have to start it again! If i'm gonna lose, i wanna lose fast so i can start again fast!

22. shadowman

Playing a bit more on Superbeat Xonic. Slowly reaching the 999 songs played trophy, sitting at around 694 so far... Still definitely one of the best titles on the Vita.

Flying_Pig and zodaex like this.
  23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I actually unsealed a game & started playing it. What madness. :eek::D (Shantae Half-Genie Hero is the game)

24. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I agree Aqua Kitty was surprisingly hard to me, and that's coming from someone who grew up on playing Defender. Can you even imagine how hard it would be with only using touch controls like the original smartphone version had?

25. Axeru777

Playing Salt and Sanctuary. It is really hard but addicting and fun. Its difficulty is up there with Super Meat Boy and Spelunky. Salt and Sanctuary is probably one of the best side scrolling RPG/Metroidvania games for the Vita.