Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Demorates

Demorates Member

Playing NEW LITTLE KINGS STORY at the moment. There are some boring parts and the framerate is far... and i mean faaaaaar away from perfect... but i will finish it. Its a unique game on the vita.

2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Just mopping up a few trophies on Ratchet & Clank (mainly skill points etc), and then on to something else - maybe my 4th Character on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Oswald), or maybe something new like Risk of Rain, WRC4 or Xenoraid.... Decisions, decisions :)

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished up my second run on Steamworld Heist. Easily as enjoyable as the first run, managed to scrape my trophy completion percentage up as well to 72% (was 44%). The DLC is ace as well, so that's worth a play if you enjoy the game (makes some of the hat trophies way easier to get as well). I'll no doubt play it again some time, I have a couple of difficulty trophies left and one for clearing it in a certain amount of steps etc.

4. Flying_Pig

I really enjoyed Steamworld Heist as well - really great game :)
    In the end I went for WRC4 as I do like a racing game. It seems OK so far - definitely not the best racer I've played, but decent fun so far :)

shadowman likes this.
  5. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I am alternating between aquakitty and hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 2. Enjoying them both

I usually like to default to "normal" mode, but aquakitty is so damn difficult. I can't get past the 2nd boss level. When i switch to "easy", it makes me start again from level 1... i guess it won't take me long to catch up.

Hyperdimension is as good as the first, but i do hate losing a long battle to have to start it again! If i'm gonna lose, i wanna lose fast so i can start again fast!

6. shadowman

Playing a bit more on Superbeat Xonic. Slowly reaching the 999 songs played trophy, sitting at around 694 so far... Still definitely one of the best titles on the Vita.

Flying_Pig and zodaex like this.
  7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I actually unsealed a game & started playing it. What madness. :eek::D (Shantae Half-Genie Hero is the game)

8. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I agree Aqua Kitty was surprisingly hard to me, and that's coming from someone who grew up on playing Defender. Can you even imagine how hard it would be with only using touch controls like the original smartphone version had?

9. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Playing Salt and Sanctuary. It is really hard but addicting and fun. Its difficulty is up there with Super Meat Boy and Spelunky. Salt and Sanctuary is probably one of the best side scrolling RPG/Metroidvania games for the Vita.

10. Flying_Pig

It's a brilliant game, but was just too damn hard for me - I gave up about 1/3rd of the way through, sadly :(

11. Axeru777

I was about to give up because I couldn't beat the Sodden Knight but then I finally beat him (after more than 20 tries) and I felt so satisfied so I kept playing. Try giving it another go :)

12. hiflyer555

hiflyer555 Well-Known Member

I started Need For Speed: Most Wanted recently. I've always been a fan of racing games, and this one doesn't disappoint!

I was surprised to find the multiplayer is still quite active. I even grabbed all but two of the multiplayer trophies in one evening! (I had to resort to messaging several players to accept friend requests for the "5 NFS friends" trophy, but thankfully they all accepted and I got that one quickly). There are 8 total online trophies - The only two online trophies I have left are for unlocking 3 pro parts online, and smashing a friend's face on a billboard (my mission today is to get these two!)

For anyone on the fence about this game, it's definitely a must-grab if you enjoy racing/cars. Perhaps I'll see some Loungers online!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  13. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Nooo don't give up, it's one of the best Vita games! Got to my favorite Vita game so far this year, I played it through twice, amazing fun, the last boss took me quite a while to kill the second time through, I had to keep going back to it every few days.

Finally killed him on the first retry when I got pissed off one day. I was quite satisfied after!

Currently playing on Exist Archive, couldn't make my mind up if i liked it or not... but I'm 20+ hours in now so I must be enjoying it...

14. shadowman

Playing Crash Bandicoot via my Vita as I loved the remake on the PS4, but wanted to finish the game as it originally was released. I think I'm getting further than before? I'm at Sunset Vista and I'm getting along really well. You really do appreciate the little changes made here and there on the PS4 version though, having to get all the crates in a level without dying originally is quite challenging! The PS4 version is far kinder and lets you die and keep all the crates you've destroyed. But climbing on ropes on the bridge levels is definitely easier on the original... either way, no matter which version you play you get a great platformer.

15. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Coool!! I got it but I won't touch it til I complete trails 1&2

16. Roscoe Jones

I'm so jealous, I have the limited edition tokyo...can touch it til I finish trails 1&2.

17. Roscoe Jones

I actually hate those online trophies. Especially, after 5 years later...

hiflyer555 likes this.
  18. hiflyer555

hiflyer555 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to some of my other online game trophies. I thought I'd have to fight to find people playing NFS, but there is still a solid online community for it - and it's super fun to boot!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  19. shadowman

I ignore online trophies where possible. No fun to be had getting them 90% of the time. Try getting Marvel's or Wipeouts trophies... next to impossible these days for one reason or another.

hiflyer555 and Roscoe Jones like this.
  20. Roscoe Jones

Yea! True! I'm playing WipeOUT2048 and surprisingly I can find someone to do one on one in PureHD but that's it.

21. shadowman

Back to Superbeat Xonic.. Almost done with the 999 songs trophy, been playing lots on the DLC songs and for the most part I'm fairly decent on them. Can't imagine I'll do all that well on the highest difficulty though, never did really get the hang of that mode... The co-ordination required was something else!

Once I'm done with Xonic I'll move onto Tokyo Xanadu and hopefully my copy of Oceanhorn will have arrived so that I can play that as well.

22. Flying_Pig

On the final (WRC championship) season on WRC4.

The game is both brilliant and awful at the same time: it doesn't look great, has very long load times, keeps trying to go online (Airplane Mode doesn't help), has a strange bug where the engine sounds occasionally fail to load, so it sounds like you'e driving a milk float and sometimes really stutters.

But, when you're in the groove, power sliding around gravel corners, missing rocks/trees/walls by inches and destroying the competition, it's a really sublime experience.

But I'm off on holiday next week, which should give me the chance to play some other games too - maybe Xenoraid, FlameOver, Risk of Rain or I do have a hankering to play HellDivers :)

23. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Put Utwarerumono on a hold for now, I discovered that I can't play a VN if I have to much stuff going in my head (still a very nice game with a good story).

Will finish it before the second one comes out.

Started Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition, love that game already (lol) and had to put my Vita on charger while playing it because I didn't want to put the game down when my battery got empty :p

24. shadowman

Played through the Co op mode in Rocketbirds. Really fun, just the right length as well and its more fast paced compared to the main game. Just need to do the brain bug trophy for the platinum.

Also managed to hit 1000 songs on Superbeat Xonic!

25. Axeru777

After finishing Oceanhorn I decided to give Disney Infinity 2.0 another try. I managed to finish the main story in the Spider-Man play set. I wanted to do all the side quests but some of them were unplayable because the controls become unresponsive due to the extremely bad frame rate. I was trying to finish the Assault on Asgard disc but got stuck in the 9th stage because the attack button doesn't even respond anymore because of the severe slowdown. Why the fuck did developers release this game in this state?

I am now playing Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I can say that so far I think it's better than Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed and Mega Tagmension Blanc versus Zombies. There's more depth to the gameplay mechanics.