Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. hiflyer555

hiflyer555 Well-Known Member

I started Need For Speed: Most Wanted recently. I've always been a fan of racing games, and this one doesn't disappoint!

I was surprised to find the multiplayer is still quite active. I even grabbed all but two of the multiplayer trophies in one evening! (I had to resort to messaging several players to accept friend requests for the "5 NFS friends" trophy, but thankfully they all accepted and I got that one quickly). There are 8 total online trophies - The only two online trophies I have left are for unlocking 3 pro parts online, and smashing a friend's face on a billboard (my mission today is to get these two!)

For anyone on the fence about this game, it's definitely a must-grab if you enjoy racing/cars. Perhaps I'll see some Loungers online!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Nooo don't give up, it's one of the best Vita games! Got to my favorite Vita game so far this year, I played it through twice, amazing fun, the last boss took me quite a while to kill the second time through, I had to keep going back to it every few days.

Finally killed him on the first retry when I got pissed off one day. I was quite satisfied after!

Currently playing on Exist Archive, couldn't make my mind up if i liked it or not... but I'm 20+ hours in now so I must be enjoying it...

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Playing Crash Bandicoot via my Vita as I loved the remake on the PS4, but wanted to finish the game as it originally was released. I think I'm getting further than before? I'm at Sunset Vista and I'm getting along really well. You really do appreciate the little changes made here and there on the PS4 version though, having to get all the crates in a level without dying originally is quite challenging! The PS4 version is far kinder and lets you die and keep all the crates you've destroyed. But climbing on ropes on the bridge levels is definitely easier on the original... either way, no matter which version you play you get a great platformer.

4. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Coool!! I got it but I won't touch it til I complete trails 1&2

5. Roscoe Jones

I'm so jealous, I have the limited edition tokyo...can touch it til I finish trails 1&2.

6. Roscoe Jones

I actually hate those online trophies. Especially, after 5 years later...

hiflyer555 likes this.
  7. hiflyer555

hiflyer555 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to some of my other online game trophies. I thought I'd have to fight to find people playing NFS, but there is still a solid online community for it - and it's super fun to boot!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  8. shadowman

I ignore online trophies where possible. No fun to be had getting them 90% of the time. Try getting Marvel's or Wipeouts trophies... next to impossible these days for one reason or another.

hiflyer555 and Roscoe Jones like this.
  9. Roscoe Jones

Yea! True! I'm playing WipeOUT2048 and surprisingly I can find someone to do one on one in PureHD but that's it.

10. shadowman

Back to Superbeat Xonic.. Almost done with the 999 songs trophy, been playing lots on the DLC songs and for the most part I'm fairly decent on them. Can't imagine I'll do all that well on the highest difficulty though, never did really get the hang of that mode... The co-ordination required was something else!

Once I'm done with Xonic I'll move onto Tokyo Xanadu and hopefully my copy of Oceanhorn will have arrived so that I can play that as well.

11. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

On the final (WRC championship) season on WRC4.

The game is both brilliant and awful at the same time: it doesn't look great, has very long load times, keeps trying to go online (Airplane Mode doesn't help), has a strange bug where the engine sounds occasionally fail to load, so it sounds like you'e driving a milk float and sometimes really stutters.

But, when you're in the groove, power sliding around gravel corners, missing rocks/trees/walls by inches and destroying the competition, it's a really sublime experience.

But I'm off on holiday next week, which should give me the chance to play some other games too - maybe Xenoraid, FlameOver, Risk of Rain or I do have a hankering to play HellDivers :)

12. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Put Utwarerumono on a hold for now, I discovered that I can't play a VN if I have to much stuff going in my head (still a very nice game with a good story).

Will finish it before the second one comes out.

Started Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition, love that game already (lol) and had to put my Vita on charger while playing it because I didn't want to put the game down when my battery got empty :p

13. shadowman

Played through the Co op mode in Rocketbirds. Really fun, just the right length as well and its more fast paced compared to the main game. Just need to do the brain bug trophy for the platinum.

Also managed to hit 1000 songs on Superbeat Xonic!

14. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

After finishing Oceanhorn I decided to give Disney Infinity 2.0 another try. I managed to finish the main story in the Spider-Man play set. I wanted to do all the side quests but some of them were unplayable because the controls become unresponsive due to the extremely bad frame rate. I was trying to finish the Assault on Asgard disc but got stuck in the 9th stage because the attack button doesn't even respond anymore because of the severe slowdown. Why the fuck did developers release this game in this state?

I am now playing Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I can say that so far I think it's better than Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed and Mega Tagmension Blanc versus Zombies. There's more depth to the gameplay mechanics.

15. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just finished Shantae Half-Genie Hero with a playtime of 9 hours 47 minutes & 79% item collection. Really enjoyed it & the difficulty level was pitched just right for me. A fantastic little game.

16. shadowman

I need to get back to it to do the speed run trophies. Plus a load of DLC trophies just cropped up... so I've still got lots of playtime on it yet!

In the mean time I've started Tokyo Xanadu. After the predictable slow opening I've managed to get into the first real battle, I'm liking it so far, nice simple combat, game looks and runs nicely and its got a great soundtrack. Nothing mind blowing but definitely fun. It did feel very much like Persona 5 in a few parts though, not sure if that's just because that game is so fresh in my mind though...

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy X

Roscoe Jones and JoSoap like this.
  18. shadowman

Also started Oceanhorn. Seems like a nice Zelda styled game. I like the idea of each area being a small island sorta like Wind Waker was, makes it perfect for portable play and short sessions. Looks and runs really nice as well, and the challenges for each island add some nice replay value to the game. I can see me trying to 100% this one assume there is no really bad grindy trophy.

19. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Hollow Realization done up to dlc 2, have to wait for dlc 3 to finish off abyss of the shrine maiden. Frame rate issues aside this is a remarkable game on the Vita, the SAO games have a certain charm that make them all pretty endearing to me. While waiting for dlc 3 I will play Toukiden 2. Should be great I think as Kiwami was brilliant.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  20. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Been playing lots of P4G. A game I thought I'd never like. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. That intro man, I watch it every time I boot it up. Feckin hypnotic!

21. Axeru777

Finally managed to get to the third world in Bard's Gold. This game is so fucking hard.

22. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After having just played SAO: Hollow Realization and started Toukiden 2 I'm kind of amazed of what the Vita can do. These two games are really something that a 6 year old handheld should not be able to run but they still both play pretty well on the Vita. I mean the scope of these games are really ambitious and they are obviously suffering from being Vita/PS4 titles but apart from framerate and resolution/graphics nothing is really cut from the games. And they look good in motion on the Vita screen.

Remember those awful toned down ports of PS3/360 games on the Wii that played and looked nothing like their counterparts? Well this is not like that at all. You get more or less the same experience on the Vita and that's quite a feature in itself. I was a bit skeptical to play these games on the Vita after hearing about framerate and graphics and such, but to me they play just fine on the handheld and for me these games work better in a portable format anyway as I usually put in quite some hours on them (after finishing dlc2 I have close to 200 hours in hollow realization and there is still more content coming and I haven't really started grinding for gear yet....).

I knew I had something special in my hands when I started Gravity Rush (first vita game I played) but now I think the Vita is actually the console I've finished most games on even though I own most consoles from the last three or four gens. The Vita is dead, long live the Vita!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Mr Tornado and shadowman like this.
  23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Unsealed two more games this week to have a quick go at.

Asphalt: Injection - played for a few hours or so & it's okay, but not something that I really want to put too many hours into. Maybe a little play here & there.

Akiba's Trip - literally 50 odd minutes into, so can't really form an opinion as of yet, though I'm going to stick with it.

24. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Playing Killzone Mercenaries a bit now too. Decent game but everytime I leave it I struggle to think of reasons to come back. It's a technical marvel on a handheld but utterly unremarkable other than that

25. Axeru777

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is really fun. I thought it was gonna be like Castlevania but it actually plays like a Mega Man game. Also, the game looks really good.

Mr Tornado likes this.