Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Playing Killzone Mercenaries a bit now too. Decent game but everytime I leave it I struggle to think of reasons to come back. It's a technical marvel on a handheld but utterly unremarkable other than that

2. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is really fun. I thought it was gonna be like Castlevania but it actually plays like a Mega Man game. Also, the game looks really good.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Still working on Oceanhorn. Basically done with the game now, at the last area and have almost all the trophies/challenges done. It really grabbed me, it has its issues but its still a really fun adventure game in the vein of Zelda.

4. Wayne

Wayne New Member

I've had a Vita years but not played it in quite awhile so been buying lots of games I've missed out on, currently making my way through the Sly Trilogy.

5. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm finished with WRC4 (finally), but have also been playing:
    -Xenoraid: A surprisingly tough game. Unfortunately all of your upgraded ships/pilots get taken away as you move to a new planet, with creates a massive difficulty spike, so I have up on the 3rd planet (of 5)
    - FlameOver: A game I bought on release, but had never gotten around to playing. However, after dying something like 5 times on the first level without the game really telling me what I was doing wrong, I quit the game and deleted it. It's a real shame, as I always liked the look of it...
    - Undertale: I jumped in after seeing all of the excitement when this was announced and seeing some positive reviews. However, I'm just a bit underwhelmed - it's OK, there's nothing bad about it, but there's nothing outstanding about the game either...

6. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After finishing the story of Toukiden 2 I finally can continue the Dusk saga with Atelier Escha & Logy plus (I waited so long for these games to go on sale and this summer I got both Escha and Shallie cheap on PSN). This game is really pretty and shines on the Vita screen.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  7. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

I finally managed to finish Unit 13 after over a half year... :D I was suprised that the Online Servers for this game are still working since this was i think also one of the first games on the Vita!
    Game was really fun but also pretty hard for me! Never tought i get the Platinum Trophy in this Game. Now im Playing Tokyo Xanadu again!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  8. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Trails of Cold Steel is probably similar...starting off slow n picking up later in the game.

9. Roscoe Jones

I'm currently playing; Trails of Cold Steel as my main game, wipeout2048 (4years straight on n off), n some gba games (megaman battle network(s))

10. Roscoe Jones

Nice I can't wait to get to that game and X-2.

11. Roscoe Jones

I'm jealous. I have all three toikiden n haven't got the chance to touch them yet

12. Roscoe Jones

So nice that I can just plug in my WipeOut2048 into my PSTV now and play with a dualshock 4. Thanks to zodaex [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  13. Axeru777

I don't know why I keep going back to playing Darkest Dungeon even though my party dies everytime I go to those level 5 dungeons. Funny thing happened, there was this boss I was fighting and I got to kill him but my party got wiped out as well, but the game still counted it as a mission success lol.

14. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Going through Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable playing as Storm 1 on inferno current status I'm on lvl 50 out of 60 I'm so close for that genocide gun but lvl 50 is being a pain.

15. Andreas Stalin

Finished Atelier Escha & Logy plus, got the endings I wanted and are moving on with Atelier Shallie plus. I have to say this (Escha & Logy) was one of the prettiest looking games I have ever played. The art direction and character design is just so good. And after a slow start the game really got going and stayed that way until the end.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  16. Flying_Pig

I'm just about finished with Undertale, but have started playing Risk of Rain.

It's pretty tough, but a fantastic game - there are loads of abilities/buffs you can unlock on each playthrough which really impact the game. Well worth checking out - especially if you are into Rogue-likes.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. shadowman

Risk of Rain was actually one of the kindest Rough Like games I played - because almost all the weapons actually seemed useful, assuming you didn't get stuck with the tough boss at the end of the first level you stood a decent chance of powering up rather nicely. Its an awesome game, can't recommend it highly enough.

Meanwhile, I'm very slowly playing through Tokyo Xanadu. I like it a lot, especially the action but it can feel a bit plodding at times going from scene to scene. Its early days yet though so if I can put more time into it I'm guessing it'll pick up the pace as I go.

18. Axeru777

Not a fan of Visual Novels but I must say that I am having fun playing Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. This one definitely caught my interest because of the premise and the characters.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  19. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Drive Girls is like a low-grade Musou game. Not sure I like it. What it does, Senran Kagura does better. Is there a reason to keep going?

I want more Senran Kagura now.

20. Andreas Stalin

Finished Atelier Shallie, not as good as Escha & Logy, still good though and a beautiful game, and Shallistera is adorable. And it has Miruca, who is just such a fantastic character. Next up is Atelier Sophie Alchemist of the Mysterious Book.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    zodaex likes this.
  21. shadowman

Finally making some decent progress with Tokyo Xanadu now that the game has started to open up more. The combat system - while not being particularly deep is still fun to blast through dungeons and since I can now replay stages I can make sure I get S ranks on all of them (no issues doing that so far). The social stuff is a nice break from the action as well, much in the same way Persona does it. Its nice sometimes to just explore the town as opposed to fight baddies and grind for combat related trophies!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  22. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Finished Teslagrad, fun puzzles but that final boss is bull, and currently going through Blasting Agent which isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

23. Flying_Pig

Back playing Risk of Rain and it's suddenly clicked! I had a fantastic run yesterday - beating 4 or 5 challenges and unlocking a ton of new stuff, including the Bandit character :)

What a brilliant game!

zodaex likes this.
  24. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Trying to squeeze in more Persona 4. Haven't played it in 3 weeks!

25. shadowman

Picked up Samurai Shodown V Special today since I love SNK games and this one is easily my favourite of the SS series. And the port seems really decent so far - just like Garou or Metal Slug 3. Looks top notch on my Vita and handles perfectly. Just need to remember all the nuances of the combat! Its well worth picking up if you want a slightly slower paced, more heavy hitting fighter (its not so combo centric as say Ultimate MvC 3).