Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just finished Shantae Half-Genie Hero with a playtime of 9 hours 47 minutes & 79% item collection. Really enjoyed it & the difficulty level was pitched just right for me. A fantastic little game.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I need to get back to it to do the speed run trophies. Plus a load of DLC trophies just cropped up... so I've still got lots of playtime on it yet!

In the mean time I've started Tokyo Xanadu. After the predictable slow opening I've managed to get into the first real battle, I'm liking it so far, nice simple combat, game looks and runs nicely and its got a great soundtrack. Nothing mind blowing but definitely fun. It did feel very much like Persona 5 in a few parts though, not sure if that's just because that game is so fresh in my mind though...

3. Lando452

Lando452 Active Member

Final Fantasy X

JoSoap likes this.
  4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Also started Oceanhorn. Seems like a nice Zelda styled game. I like the idea of each area being a small island sorta like Wind Waker was, makes it perfect for portable play and short sessions. Looks and runs really nice as well, and the challenges for each island add some nice replay value to the game. I can see me trying to 100% this one assume there is no really bad grindy trophy.

5. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

Hollow Realization done up to dlc 2, have to wait for dlc 3 to finish off abyss of the shrine maiden. Frame rate issues aside this is a remarkable game on the Vita, the SAO games have a certain charm that make them all pretty endearing to me. While waiting for dlc 3 I will play Toukiden 2. Should be great I think as Kiwami was brilliant.

6. JoSoap

JoSoap Member

Been playing lots of P4G. A game I thought I'd never like. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. That intro man, I watch it every time I boot it up. Feckin hypnotic!

7. Axeru777

Axeru777 Active Member

Finally managed to get to the third world in Bard's Gold. This game is so fucking hard.

8. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

After having just played SAO: Hollow Realization and started Toukiden 2 I'm kind of amazed of what the Vita can do. These two games are really something that a 6 year old handheld should not be able to run but they still both play pretty well on the Vita. I mean the scope of these games are really ambitious and they are obviously suffering from being Vita/PS4 titles but apart from framerate and resolution/graphics nothing is really cut from the games. And they look good in motion on the Vita screen.

Remember those awful toned down ports of PS3/360 games on the Wii that played and looked nothing like their counterparts? Well this is not like that at all. You get more or less the same experience on the Vita and that's quite a feature in itself. I was a bit skeptical to play these games on the Vita after hearing about framerate and graphics and such, but to me they play just fine on the handheld and for me these games work better in a portable format anyway as I usually put in quite some hours on them (after finishing dlc2 I have close to 200 hours in hollow realization and there is still more content coming and I haven't really started grinding for gear yet....).

I knew I had something special in my hands when I started Gravity Rush (first vita game I played) but now I think the Vita is actually the console I've finished most games on even though I own most consoles from the last three or four gens. The Vita is dead, long live the Vita!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM
    shadowman likes this.