Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just finished Shantae Half-Genie Hero with a playtime of 9 hours 47 minutes & 79% item collection. Really enjoyed it & the difficulty level was pitched just right for me. A fantastic little game.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I need to get back to it to do the speed run trophies. Plus a load of DLC trophies just cropped up... so I've still got lots of playtime on it yet!

In the mean time I've started Tokyo Xanadu. After the predictable slow opening I've managed to get into the first real battle, I'm liking it so far, nice simple combat, game looks and runs nicely and its got a great soundtrack. Nothing mind blowing but definitely fun. It did feel very much like Persona 5 in a few parts though, not sure if that's just because that game is so fresh in my mind though...

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy X

Roscoe Jones and JoSoap like this.
  4. shadowman

Also started Oceanhorn. Seems like a nice Zelda styled game. I like the idea of each area being a small island sorta like Wind Waker was, makes it perfect for portable play and short sessions. Looks and runs really nice as well, and the challenges for each island add some nice replay value to the game. I can see me trying to 100% this one assume there is no really bad grindy trophy.

5. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

Hollow Realization done up to dlc 2, have to wait for dlc 3 to finish off abyss of the shrine maiden. Frame rate issues aside this is a remarkable game on the Vita, the SAO games have a certain charm that make them all pretty endearing to me. While waiting for dlc 3 I will play Toukiden 2. Should be great I think as Kiwami was brilliant.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  6. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Been playing lots of P4G. A game I thought I'd never like. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. That intro man, I watch it every time I boot it up. Feckin hypnotic!

7. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Finally managed to get to the third world in Bard's Gold. This game is so fucking hard.

8. Andreas Stalin

After having just played SAO: Hollow Realization and started Toukiden 2 I'm kind of amazed of what the Vita can do. These two games are really something that a 6 year old handheld should not be able to run but they still both play pretty well on the Vita. I mean the scope of these games are really ambitious and they are obviously suffering from being Vita/PS4 titles but apart from framerate and resolution/graphics nothing is really cut from the games. And they look good in motion on the Vita screen.

Remember those awful toned down ports of PS3/360 games on the Wii that played and looked nothing like their counterparts? Well this is not like that at all. You get more or less the same experience on the Vita and that's quite a feature in itself. I was a bit skeptical to play these games on the Vita after hearing about framerate and graphics and such, but to me they play just fine on the handheld and for me these games work better in a portable format anyway as I usually put in quite some hours on them (after finishing dlc2 I have close to 200 hours in hollow realization and there is still more content coming and I haven't really started grinding for gear yet....).

I knew I had something special in my hands when I started Gravity Rush (first vita game I played) but now I think the Vita is actually the console I've finished most games on even though I own most consoles from the last three or four gens. The Vita is dead, long live the Vita!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Mr Tornado and shadowman like this.
  9. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Unsealed two more games this week to have a quick go at.

Asphalt: Injection - played for a few hours or so & it's okay, but not something that I really want to put too many hours into. Maybe a little play here & there.

Akiba's Trip - literally 50 odd minutes into, so can't really form an opinion as of yet, though I'm going to stick with it.

10. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Playing Killzone Mercenaries a bit now too. Decent game but everytime I leave it I struggle to think of reasons to come back. It's a technical marvel on a handheld but utterly unremarkable other than that

11. Axeru777

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is really fun. I thought it was gonna be like Castlevania but it actually plays like a Mega Man game. Also, the game looks really good.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  12. shadowman

Still working on Oceanhorn. Basically done with the game now, at the last area and have almost all the trophies/challenges done. It really grabbed me, it has its issues but its still a really fun adventure game in the vein of Zelda.

13. Wayne

Wayne New Member

I've had a Vita years but not played it in quite awhile so been buying lots of games I've missed out on, currently making my way through the Sly Trilogy.

14. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm finished with WRC4 (finally), but have also been playing:
    -Xenoraid: A surprisingly tough game. Unfortunately all of your upgraded ships/pilots get taken away as you move to a new planet, with creates a massive difficulty spike, so I have up on the 3rd planet (of 5)
    - FlameOver: A game I bought on release, but had never gotten around to playing. However, after dying something like 5 times on the first level without the game really telling me what I was doing wrong, I quit the game and deleted it. It's a real shame, as I always liked the look of it...
    - Undertale: I jumped in after seeing all of the excitement when this was announced and seeing some positive reviews. However, I'm just a bit underwhelmed - it's OK, there's nothing bad about it, but there's nothing outstanding about the game either...

15. Andreas Stalin

After finishing the story of Toukiden 2 I finally can continue the Dusk saga with Atelier Escha & Logy plus (I waited so long for these games to go on sale and this summer I got both Escha and Shallie cheap on PSN). This game is really pretty and shines on the Vita screen.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  16. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

I finally managed to finish Unit 13 after over a half year... :D I was suprised that the Online Servers for this game are still working since this was i think also one of the first games on the Vita!
    Game was really fun but also pretty hard for me! Never tought i get the Platinum Trophy in this Game. Now im Playing Tokyo Xanadu again!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Trails of Cold Steel is probably similar...starting off slow n picking up later in the game.

18. Roscoe Jones

I'm currently playing; Trails of Cold Steel as my main game, wipeout2048 (4years straight on n off), n some gba games (megaman battle network(s))

19. Roscoe Jones

Nice I can't wait to get to that game and X-2.

20. Roscoe Jones

I'm jealous. I have all three toikiden n haven't got the chance to touch them yet

21. Roscoe Jones

So nice that I can just plug in my WipeOut2048 into my PSTV now and play with a dualshock 4. Thanks to zodaex [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  22. Axeru777

I don't know why I keep going back to playing Darkest Dungeon even though my party dies everytime I go to those level 5 dungeons. Funny thing happened, there was this boss I was fighting and I got to kill him but my party got wiped out as well, but the game still counted it as a mission success lol.

23. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Going through Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable playing as Storm 1 on inferno current status I'm on lvl 50 out of 60 I'm so close for that genocide gun but lvl 50 is being a pain.

24. Andreas Stalin

Finished Atelier Escha & Logy plus, got the endings I wanted and are moving on with Atelier Shallie plus. I have to say this (Escha & Logy) was one of the prettiest looking games I have ever played. The art direction and character design is just so good. And after a slow start the game really got going and stayed that way until the end.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  25. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm just about finished with Undertale, but have started playing Risk of Rain.

It's pretty tough, but a fantastic game - there are loads of abilities/buffs you can unlock on each playthrough which really impact the game. Well worth checking out - especially if you are into Rogue-likes.

Roscoe Jones likes this.