Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Risk of Rain was actually one of the kindest Rough Like games I played - because almost all the weapons actually seemed useful, assuming you didn't get stuck with the tough boss at the end of the first level you stood a decent chance of powering up rather nicely. Its an awesome game, can't recommend it highly enough.

Meanwhile, I'm very slowly playing through Tokyo Xanadu. I like it a lot, especially the action but it can feel a bit plodding at times going from scene to scene. Its early days yet though so if I can put more time into it I'm guessing it'll pick up the pace as I go.

2. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Visual Novels but I must say that I am having fun playing Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. This one definitely caught my interest because of the premise and the characters.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Drive Girls is like a low-grade Musou game. Not sure I like it. What it does, Senran Kagura does better. Is there a reason to keep going?

I want more Senran Kagura now.

4. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

Finished Atelier Shallie, not as good as Escha & Logy, still good though and a beautiful game, and Shallistera is adorable. And it has Miruca, who is just such a fantastic character. Next up is Atelier Sophie Alchemist of the Mysterious Book.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    zodaex likes this.
  5. shadowman

Finally making some decent progress with Tokyo Xanadu now that the game has started to open up more. The combat system - while not being particularly deep is still fun to blast through dungeons and since I can now replay stages I can make sure I get S ranks on all of them (no issues doing that so far). The social stuff is a nice break from the action as well, much in the same way Persona does it. Its nice sometimes to just explore the town as opposed to fight baddies and grind for combat related trophies!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  6. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Finished Teslagrad, fun puzzles but that final boss is bull, and currently going through Blasting Agent which isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Back playing Risk of Rain and it's suddenly clicked! I had a fantastic run yesterday - beating 4 or 5 challenges and unlocking a ton of new stuff, including the Bandit character :)

What a brilliant game!

zodaex likes this.
  8. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Trying to squeeze in more Persona 4. Haven't played it in 3 weeks!

9. shadowman

Picked up Samurai Shodown V Special today since I love SNK games and this one is easily my favourite of the SS series. And the port seems really decent so far - just like Garou or Metal Slug 3. Looks top notch on my Vita and handles perfectly. Just need to remember all the nuances of the combat! Its well worth picking up if you want a slightly slower paced, more heavy hitting fighter (its not so combo centric as say Ultimate MvC 3).

10. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Trails of Cold Steel is JUST LIKE this game and persona!

11. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

YS VIII's combat and exploration is a lot of fun. Falcom really knows how to make a great RPG.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  12. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (putting Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni on break)

It's a great game, definitely my style of game. Although progress has been rather stagnant (only on 3rd Chapter) due to me taking my sweet time talking to the whole town residences and grinding my team member so that they can wipe the floor with those bosses.

NICE! I've been waiting to play that game as well. She's already cutting my PSVITA's back-log queue lol. I probably play her after I finish up Cold Steel 1. (Hopefully by next month.)

Another game that I'm looking forward to play as well.

13. Flying_Pig

Beat Risk of Rain this morning \o/

After being really tough as you start out, the game suddenly clicks, and becomes much more do-able! I think I'll dive back in tonight for another run :)

zodaex likes this.
  14. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Gotten back into Muramasa, the Demon sword. Maybe this time I'll actually complete it.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  15. shadowman

Tokyo Xanadu has really clicked now, really enjoying it. I know it got a lukewarm response on release but I definitely think its worth a play. The town and people in it are entertaining in their own way, following their stories as the game goes on is fun to watch in between all the action, which is great fun. Its a decent little hack and slash game that's slowly getting more depth as I level up more. Tempted to look into the PS4 version down the line just to see what additions it got.

Also, played more Samurai Shodown 5. I've now remembered how the heck to beat Zankuru's AI, he's not all that difficult for the most part when you know, but you can't attack him outright else he'll counter you immediately, goading him into attacking is the ticket, messes him right up! Now if only I could finish of Gaoh with a fatality to unlock the final Mizuki battle...

16. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I still need to get back to Teslagrad. I stopped playing it after I got lost. :oops:

17. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Active Member

Done with Atelier Sophie, quite the experimental atelier game and interesting because of that. Not my favorite in the series but yet another lovely game for atelier fans. Now to wait for Atelier Firis to go on sale....

18. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Startet Titan Souls yesterday and finished it today and got the Platinum Trophy :D

Some trophies are really a Pain to get but finally managed it to get them. Awesome game with a cool Soundtrack. Everyone who like games like this should play this :)

19. FearlessSasuke

Beat Blasting Agent, use Sting if you plan to beat hard mode, now starting Escape Plan man i missed playing puzzle games.

20. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Got back into Everybody's Tennis. Everybody's Golf Vita is my fav game ever, and super addicted to the new PS4 game. E Tennis is extremely fun, and the story mode is a GREAT idea. I'd love to see them do another story mode in an Everybody's game in future. Heck, where's Everybody's Tennis for the PS4?

21. shadowman

How did you find Blasting Agent? Its super cheap so I was thinking of getting it but have a ton of other games on my plate at the moment.

Also, Escape Plan is much more bearable now that it has partial physical controls. Makes it a world easier to play. Almost managed to outright 100% that game, if not for the directors cut missions (those are bastard hard in places to 3 star!)

22. FearlessSasuke

Blasting Agent definitely is good for how cheap it is, tho their were part that felt a bit cheap like enemies that jump on you the second they see you and have a hard time killing them early on in the game but you do get upgrades that will destroy them latter on.

shadowman likes this.
  23. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Finally i got the Platinum Trophy in Superbeat Xonic. This game was hard as hell and also the hardest Rhythm game i ever played... :D

shadowman and Flying_Pig like this.
  24. Flying_Pig

I'm currently obsessed with Vostok Inc - a hugely addictive combination of idle clicker and twin-stick shooter. I've reached the 3rd of 7 (?) systems, but the game's as much about going back to previous systems as it is ploughing onwards.

My only gripe is that the game crashes way too often (like 10 times already).

I need to clear the game, so I can play Steamworld Dig 2 and Danganronpa V3!!

25. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I have Celceta and now ys8 n Orgins n a couple older Ys games on my Vita. I 100%-ed Celceta I'm not touching ys8 yet. Question. Ys has been redone so many times. Is ys8 a new installment?