Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

BTW, that's my own ID so friend me!

2. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

I started Michael Jackson The Experience HD earlier this week and ended up playing it for hours every night. Just got the Platinum! And now all I can hear in my head are Michael songs :p

I thought it was a really fun and addicting music/rhythm game that doesn't seem to come up very often when people talk about their favorites of the genre on Vita. It took me a while to get to grips with the touchscreen controls, I'm not a huge fan of those. And compared to some of the Japanese rhythm games it wasn't too extremely difficult, even on the highest setting. Could also have done with some more tracks, but it was still fine for what it was. (Diamond-gloved) thumbs up!

Mr Tornado and zodaex like this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

It really is an under rated gem. Couple of those challenges were tough though - hitting certain combo targets etc. on a couple of songs, but I did manage to plat it back in the day.

AllHasRed likes this.
  4. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I played that MJ experience game and struggled to get into it. Can't work out whether i hated the touchscreen controls or rhythm games just aren't my thing. I keep meaning to try xonic to find out.

Been playing Hue lately, not a bad puzzle platformer... not struggled with any of the levels yet and i have all colours except green so far so hopefully the real puzzles start when i have all of them

5. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I just finished YS VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and I have to say that it is one of the best PS Vita games ever made. It's right up there with Persona 4: Golden and Tearaway.

I am now playing Lost Dimension. The gameplay is pretty good and the story is really intriguing.

shadowman and Roscoe Jones like this.
  6. shadowman

Huzzah. Finished the main story on Tokyo Xanadu and now on the epilogue chapter. The real final boss takes ages to beat on hard mode, so no idea how nightmare will treat it. Time to cheese the final boss for sure with items... Also have one more S rank to get - will drop the difficulty for this one since its too much of a slog to do over and over on nightmare/infinity modes.

Great fun but will be glad to be done with these last couple of bits so I can start on Ys and Undertale.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Up to the 3rd chapter trial on Danganronpa V3 - Quality gaming.

Probably my GotY.

8. shadowman

Finally done with Tokyo Xanadu. Finished the game on Nightmare/Infinity difficulty, S ranked all the levels and defeated every enemy in the game while I was at it! Also did open all the treasure chests but apparently that had to be done in one playthrough, and I honestly couldn't be bothered to do that again! Excellent game, could be a bit on the slow side sometimes but I did enjoy the mix of story, exploration and action in the game.

Now onto Undertale, been looking forward to playing this on my Vita for ages.

AllHasRed likes this.
  9. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Killzone Mercenaries I can't seem to save the game so I just end up playing the same first levels.

and Pure Chess.

10. hiflyer555

hiflyer555 Well-Known Member

Been slowly knocking out trophies on Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I was surprised to see how active the online community is...it's quite fun, and I was able to get all but one of the multiplayer trophies in 3 solid days of playing! The last online one - "modfather" took a bit of a grind, but thankfully it's fun to play.

Anyway, all that's left is to mash out the speed cams/billboards/security gates and I'll have this one wrapped up!

11. Roscoe Jones

Bouta get into some Killzone mercenary action for the first time (lol) I know I know its been out for awhile but I have so many games I had to get other games out the way first...took me years lol

12. Akil

Akil Member

Just ordered Grand Kingdom for the ps vita. Ive heard alot of good things about the game. It will be my first Rpg game on my system looking forward to putting hours in the game. PSN Merkige2000

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  13. Roscoe Jones

FIRST! WHAT! I have that game too. Haven't got to it yet! I hear it's really good too! Try out Ys series too! Play Ys Memories of Celceta, the older Ys titles and the new Ys 8

14. Akil

Akil Member

I know im way behind everyone and feel like I havent given the Genre a chance. I will look into Ys series aswell ive heared positive things about that aswell

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  15. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I just finished Lost Dimension. It's kinda short for a SRPG. The gameplay is fun though and the traitor system felt really unique.

Now playing YS Origin.

Retro8bit likes this.
  16. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita)

Game is loads of fun so far. It was nice to take a break from the visual novel detective stuff and move to a third person shooter for this title, very refreshing. Story isn't quite as good, but man is it disturbing.

17. shadowman

Working my way through Undertale at the moment (pacifist run). It seems like a really nice Vita port so far. Unlike my PC run I actually plan on finishing it (twice) this time! Already up to the point where I stopped playing before.

18. shadowman

Finished my first run on Undertale (neutral ending in the end). Really awesome finale to the game, really didn't see it coming! Now to clear it another couple of times with the true pacifist and genocide endings.

19. Roscoe Jones

If you like (j)rpgs, youll be doing yourself a solid with this series my friend. Look up the "Happy Console Gamer" reviews on the series on YouTube. His #1 reason for making his channel, which is very popular, was to promote the the [under-the-radar & under rated] series of Ys!!

20. shadowman

Finished off the first Ys game today. Just as great as I remember. Now onto Ys II...

Flying_Pig likes this.
  21. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm now right at the end of Danganronpa V3 - it's been a fantastic ride, but doesn't quite reach the heights of the first 2 games in the series. Still there have been plenty of twists and turns, and some very clever killings :)

I've got the platinum trophy in the other 3 Danganronpa games, but looking at the list - some require some incredible grinding - probably taking longer than the core game itself!? I'll have a more detailed look once I've finished the main game, but I think I'd rather play a new game, rather than grind endlessly for another platinum trophy...

Besides, I've not even started Steamworld Dig 2!

22. LaCru79

LaCru79 Member

Started Tomb Raider Anniversary yesterday and I have finished the mansion and the first level. Really like the remake this far, it gives me the same feeling as the original did. Must say that its an impressive psp port with good graphics and a (mostly) smoth frame rate. I did not own a psp so there are a lot of games I never played available on the digital store.

23. shadowman

Played a bit of "We are Doomed" on the Vita today. Fun little twin stick shooter, though it is really short and content and its not fun enough to keep playing for the last couple of trophies I'm short. I think I got it free via PS+ so I'm not really complaining, it was fun for a couple of hours but its not a game I really see myself returning to.

24. shadowman

Playing TxK again. Seems like I lost some old progress, as I was at level 70 odd back when I last played it but when I got back in the game I only had up to level 53 unlocked (and very few lives as well). So I've replayed the first 53 levels getting a better high score and a full compliment of lives, now its time to finally finish the game! Then its back to Ys.

25. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Up to 80 myself , with very little lives ie one lol.
    It gets insane especially when the grid is invisible !! Level 80 named fishy is doing me head in but great game to pick up and let loose some stress after a day at work.