Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Making fast progress on Tokyo Xanadu's Nightmare difficulty. Up to chapter 6 now so I'm right near the end of the game. Honestly its not been too bad so far, a mix between using the right characters, swapping out when injured and learning the boss patterns have worked for me so far! Cleared 4 of 6 of the new optional dungeons, the last of which was fairly evil - having you hop between small platforms while avoiding parts of the floor which are poisonous. Managed to S rank them all so far, two more to go and I should be done.

2. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Still working my way through 999 since Digit sent it to me, been a bit distracted by ps4 lately.

I've got 2 of the endings so far, but i'm realising i'm not unlocking thinks down any of the routes (all the keys/padlocks have a cross over them).... i just figured i was supposed to solve the mysteries to progress. Is it the speech choices that unlock the main ending? If so, i'm choosing them all wrong lol

3. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Yeah, the combination of choices determines which ending you get. The actual true ending can also only be achieved if you get the other endings first (or was it just one specific ending - it's been a while since I've played it on DS so my memory's a bit fuzzy). But it's going to be so worth it when you reach that true ending! A real mindbender. There are some good spoiler-free walkthroughs online that can be very helpful if you don't want to trial and error your way through.

Virtue's Last Reward also does a nice job of building upon the first game. Also highly recommended!

The_stats_guy likes this.
  4. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Up to Chapter 2 on Danganronpa V3 - totally brilliant - the first chapter was excellent, and I'm anticipating another killing shortly :)

I'm also playing a bit of Vostok Inc as well.

5. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Txk on a daily basis at the min , blimming beautiful game , blimming hard on the late levels though.

zodaex likes this.
  6. The_stats_guy

Thanks, i think i will get through all puzzles without the walkthrough, likely getting all the bad endings, and then use the walkthrough to pick up the remaining ones.

7. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

You don't actually need the walkthrough. Have you realized yet you can jump around anywhere in the flow and start from there rather than replaying every single thing? (There's also a fast forward button thingy to skip through text you already read.) Also, you should note what you did in one flow chart and select another option, etc. Also I think the option you already took is NOT highlighted and the highlighted option is something you haven't tried yet when you're in this sort of fastfoward mode.)

This thing is a lot more prominent in "Virtue's Last Reward", but 999 (at least for the vita) uses it to some extent. Thankfully, because the DS version did NOT let you skip through all that stuff or have a flow chart to indicate which path you took/etc.

8. The_stats_guy

Thanks, i'll have a go at doing what you say

9. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Ha I love your Cold Steel posts!!!! -Hilarious stuff!

----
    okay, another week of playing XCOM. Can not put this one down. Took a little while to understand the gameplay, but once you catch on it is super addictive.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  10. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

My posts? Yeah I may be posting more as I continue through. It took awhile but I'm hooked on the game now!

11. Roscoe Jones

YES just finished "PlayStation ALLSTARS BATTLE ROYOLE" "OH YEA OH YEA WHO 'DA MAN WHO 'DA MAN!!!!!"
    [​IMG]
    ME THATS WHO! YEAAAAAH!!! Took me a million years! It was surprising that people where still playing [online] and it was hard getting those online trophies too my goodness! I had a new buddy I met off psnprofiles.com team up with me online! S/O Martese02 from Detroit City [MoTown] baby!

FearlessSasuke and zodaex like this.
  12. Roscoe Jones

BTW, that's my own ID so friend me!

13. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

I started Michael Jackson The Experience HD earlier this week and ended up playing it for hours every night. Just got the Platinum! And now all I can hear in my head are Michael songs :p

I thought it was a really fun and addicting music/rhythm game that doesn't seem to come up very often when people talk about their favorites of the genre on Vita. It took me a while to get to grips with the touchscreen controls, I'm not a huge fan of those. And compared to some of the Japanese rhythm games it wasn't too extremely difficult, even on the highest setting. Could also have done with some more tracks, but it was still fine for what it was. (Diamond-gloved) thumbs up!

zodaex likes this.
  14. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

It really is an under rated gem. Couple of those challenges were tough though - hitting certain combo targets etc. on a couple of songs, but I did manage to plat it back in the day.

AllHasRed likes this.
  15. The_stats_guy

I played that MJ experience game and struggled to get into it. Can't work out whether i hated the touchscreen controls or rhythm games just aren't my thing. I keep meaning to try xonic to find out.

Been playing Hue lately, not a bad puzzle platformer... not struggled with any of the levels yet and i have all colours except green so far so hopefully the real puzzles start when i have all of them

16. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I just finished YS VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and I have to say that it is one of the best PS Vita games ever made. It's right up there with Persona 4: Golden and Tearaway.

I am now playing Lost Dimension. The gameplay is pretty good and the story is really intriguing.

shadowman and Roscoe Jones like this.