Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it does get pretty frantic in later stages. I've just cleared the last stage, I'm glad I made sure to clear all the levels without losing any lives at best, one or two at worst and then made sure I got those lives back in the following stage. The last 10 or so levels are pretty tough with the cannons that can't be killed, so having a little breathing room definitely helped. Now onto Ys III!

2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finished the Danganronpa V3 end game over the weekend (or as much as I'm going to do of it) - quality game, although not quite as good as the first 2...

Started Steamworld Dig 2 this morning - so far so lovely.

3. shadowman

Now working on Ys oath in felghana (PSP download on my Vita). Can't believe its taken me until now to really start playing the series. 1 and 2 were great but this seems like a whole level better than those already excellent games. So glad I have tons of them to get through, as I'm really going to enjoy playing through the series over the coming months. Great gameplay, boss battles and ace music. Exactly what I look for in a game!

Flying_Pig likes this.
  4. shadowman

Also gave a couple of my recent Vita games a try. Chaos Rings (1) is an ok RPG. Super basic turn based game with levels broken up into smaller areas, which (in the beginning) literally take seconds to traverse from one part to the next. Random battles are frequent, but I guess they'd need to be else you'd clear each area without encountering anyone! Puzzle areas break up the action, but its all very basic as the game is a very quick and dirty mobile port. Looks sorta nice (very sharp) but otherwise its unremarkable.

Also gave Rabi Labi a go. And bloody hell if any game actually needed to explain its mechanics to you its this game. You get no explanations and aren't really eased into the game, and its pretty head scratchingly difficult from the offset in more ways than one. There is a demo option to watch someone play the level through which is very useful, but it feels like it defeats the purpose of bothering to play the game sometimes. One to come back to when I have lots of time on my hands for sure. Plenty of content there though, 3 games at least so if you want a tough puzzle platformer this is well worth getting.

5. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

I’m just polishing off undertale then I’m going to take a crack at Ys Memories.

Been struggling to find an RPG I want to play on the PS4, FFXV didn’t grab me and tried Azure Nights yesterday with the same results.

6. shadowman

Made more progress on Ys Oath. The ice dragon boss was the low point of the game (so far). Its just badly designed in places so attacks are really hard to see which is a major oversight. The boss itself isn't bad, but not being able to see the attacks is a big no-no for me! The next few minor bosses though have gone far smoother, got my next set of gear and have just reached the Clock Tower. Be interesting to see how the next big boss goes.

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm nearing the end of Steamworld Dig 2 (it's brilliant!). I think I'll see if I can complete all of the trial caves and find all of the hidden cogs, though. Lovely game.

And then I'll give some of the more recent PS+ titles a go (i.e. Sky Force Anniversary and Hue)

8. shadowman

Finished Ys Oath in Felghana this evening. Another excellent entry in the Ys franchise with the only complaint I can level against it being the Ice Dragon boss being badly designed in places. Honestly had a harder time beating him than I did beating the final couple of bosses (who are laughably easy by comparison). Onto Ys Origins next!

9. shadowman

Decided to take a quick break from Ys to give some of my other imports a play. Currently settled on Rabi X Labi. I really think they should have put a little tutorial vid (or just a small series of tutorial missions) to actually explain certain mechanics, which are not clearly explained in the game at all (you just stumble upon them). It makes some of the early missions surprisingly tricky while the later levels actually feel easier as you've gotten used to how things work. Its a great game once you understand how it works though!

10. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Yeah !!! I finally finished TxK loved every second of it apart from them blimming bulls horns that come at yer when you shoot them off.

shadowman likes this.
  11. shadowman

Some of the last levels where you have several of them, and other things flying at you is just nuts. So glad I saved up all my lives for those levels as I definitely needed them!

Anyway, almost done with Rabi X Labi 1 now. I genuinely can't tell if the game is getting easier or if some of the earlier levels were just placed into the game out of order (as you see some brief difficulty spikes, then things get back to normal). Though I guess it does help that I've got my brain thinking in terms of what works and doesn't in the game now, its very clever. Looking at the trophy list though I can't see me bothering with them, getting the highest time rank on each level is just not something I'm willing to try and do (some of those time limits must be ultra strict!)

12. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I switched up my main game to Killzone Mercenary from Trails of Cold Steel which is now secondary. Killzone mercenary is pretty damn fun with rpg elements! I like to grind in games like that so I can mow over enemies and have fun doing it. However, I'm a light fps player and I am NOT competitive but I like to dabble a little into the genre. I completed UNIT 13 and loved it. I'm mainly a fan of handheld shooters/fps games because they're fun and less intimidating to play lol. Im still also playing WipeOUT 2048 and I just found out about the DLC add-on games which awesome remakes of the originals on the PlayStation. Im almost done the online campaign which is waaaay to long to the point that i wanna punch the devs in the face! I. Glad they remade wipeout 2048 for the ps4 and took out and refined parts on the game- renamed Omega Collections!

13. Roscoe Jones

In my opinion, devs think everyone wants a damn challenge and the casual players are thought to only play mediocre smartphone games!...but I guess devs believe only hardcore players go for the trophies which isn't fair because they kinda force you to do things you probably would otherwise ignore in a video game...very tedious tasks. I actually learned to like earning trophies in games...it takes a lot of time but I appreciate the mind bending effort you have to put into getting the trophy. I kinda wish playstation didn't do this whole trophy crap tho. I have mixed feelings about it all.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  14. shadowman

Just ignore trophies. That's what I do now and I'm all the better for it. No more silly grinding out 1000's of kills for whatever game just for a virtual trophy. I have managed to get most of the time trials done on Rabi X Laby 1 though, just a matter of making my runs more efficient which is super fun now I have the game down well. Finished off all 100 levels earlier and have already started on the sequel which is basically just more of the same with a couple of new gimmicks added. 10 levels of that down so far, another 90 odd to go!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  15. Roscoe Jones

I sense another game crash...the industry is so saturated with too many Good games lol

16. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Finished Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) and now playing Valkyrie Drive.

First i thought, it would be only about boobs and lingery :rolleyes: ... but the action parts are really addicting :)

And the massage-minigame is perfect, when you only have 2 or 3 minutes to play.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Just finished YS Origin with all the characters. Great action RPG! Not as good as Celceta or Lacrimosa of Dana but it's still very satisfying. There were a lot of bosses and each character played differently from one another.

Now playing God Wars: Future Past.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  18. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

Just platinum'd Freedom Wars and I feel good about it. That game has some major flaws but overall a very good game that I would recommend someone to try. I'm still playing online trying to help a friend but I think once I'm done I'll happily sit this game away til the next sequel in 20 years when Sony decides to do another handheld.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  19. Roscoe Jones

In have this games too but haven't touched it yet unfortunately. How many online trophies are there?

20. Roscoe Jones

Good job too!!! Those online trophies are a pain!

21. Roscoe Jones

I have Orgins LE for Vita. Is there more than one ending? Good job btw!!!

22. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I saw 3 endings

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  23. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Just finished Ninjago Nindroids .......well the cutscenes were fun the game is sooo easy but a little fun at times.

shadowman likes this.
  24. Roscoe Jones

Whats? Really?? Ys Celceta only has one ending I believe! Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone

25. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

They’re talking about Ys Origins