Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I sense another game crash...the industry is so saturated with too many Good games lol

2. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

Finished Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) and now playing Valkyrie Drive.

First i thought, it would be only about boobs and lingery :rolleyes: ... but the action parts are really addicting :)

And the massage-minigame is perfect, when you only have 2 or 3 minutes to play.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Just finished YS Origin with all the characters. Great action RPG! Not as good as Celceta or Lacrimosa of Dana but it's still very satisfying. There were a lot of bosses and each character played differently from one another.

Now playing God Wars: Future Past.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  4. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

Just platinum'd Freedom Wars and I feel good about it. That game has some major flaws but overall a very good game that I would recommend someone to try. I'm still playing online trying to help a friend but I think once I'm done I'll happily sit this game away til the next sequel in 20 years when Sony decides to do another handheld.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  5. Roscoe Jones

In have this games too but haven't touched it yet unfortunately. How many online trophies are there?

6. Roscoe Jones

Good job too!!! Those online trophies are a pain!

7. Roscoe Jones

I have Orgins LE for Vita. Is there more than one ending? Good job btw!!!

8. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I saw 3 endings

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  9. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Just finished Ninjago Nindroids .......well the cutscenes were fun the game is sooo easy but a little fun at times.

shadowman likes this.
  10. Roscoe Jones

Whats? Really?? Ys Celceta only has one ending I believe! Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone

11. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

They’re talking about Ys Origins

12. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

After completing Rabi X Laby 1 I jumped straight into the sequel. Best way to sum it up is "more of the same" but I mean that in a good way. Basically you get another 50 levels to wrap your head around, some of them pretty fiendish. Had to laugh on a couple of them though - one was something I almost had down perfectly but couldn't figure out one last piece of the puzzle (that ended up being super simple, so of course I'd never figure it out!) and another level that I just couldn't figure out - had the game show me its suggested method of clearing the game and it basically ignored all the items/objectives in the level opting for a completely different method... I really do appreciate the option of watching a playthrough of each stage, makes it easier to come up with alternate/optimal routes or just figure out where it is I'm getting stuff.

Onto level 6-3 now, over half way through the game and I'm sure it'll only get harder from here. And there is still one further game to go after I clear this one!

13. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Errr... still chipping away at P4. At the Rise dungeon now just stopped outside the boss room might get back at it again soon. I just finished Zelda BOTW so I should be able to squeeze it in

14. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

Like 1 I think. 1 or 2.

15. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

On the final boss battle on Steamworld Dig 2. I've enjoyed the game so much, I think I'll carry on afterwards and search for the missing artifacts and cogs.

After that, I think I'll give Sky Force Anniversary a go (I do like scrolling shooters, provided they're not too hard), although I do need to complete the final playthough on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir...

16. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Do you know if this game is longer than the first one?

17. Flying_Pig

My finish time (not 100% of secrets) was about 9 1/2 hours, so at a guess I'd say it's about the same. If you rushed it, I reckon you could complete it in about 6 or 7 hours...

After beating the final boss, I've gone back in to find the remaining secrets, cogs and artifacts - even just travelling though the mines is lots of fun :)

I also started Sky Force Anniversary yesterday - it's a nice scrolling shooter, with lots of upgrade options. The only downside is that there (appears to be) only 8 levels, so lots of replaying old levels seems to be the way forward...

18. shadowman

Rabi X Laby 2 done. Probably tougher than the first one all told but still immense fun. Now moving onto the third game.

Edit* Onto Rabi X Laby 3. Again, more of the same and at this point I know what I'm doing fairly well! Super fun and a great new series of challenges. At this point I'm really glad I picked this game up!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  19. shadowman

And that's Rabi X Laby 3 done. Excellent stuff as expected even if its technically just more of the same.

Now moved onto the bonus/side game on the Rabi X Laby cart "Witches Castle" which follows a similar design but you get different powers so navigating levels is really different. Pretty tough to begin with, since yet again it barely introduces you to its mechanics then ramps the difficulty all the way up... Still, I can tell its a great puzzler, just like the other games on the cart it really should have eased you in more!

20. shadowman

Ok, played more than half of Witches Castle/Cat now. I think its starting to sink in, the game makes you feel great when you figure a puzzle out! And hey at least the guide function is there to point me in the right direction when I get stuck. I'd say its the hardest of the four games on the cart, but I can appreciate what its doing even if I'm having a harder time with it. Cleared 30 or so levels now, just another 20 to go.

Also playing Ys Origins now. Started on normal difficulty but bumped it up to hard mode as I felt the game wasn't challenging enough. Seems like the right choice, its just right difficulty wise for me, though that centipede boss fight was a right bastard (seeing my health evaporate after one poorly executed evade sucks!) Narrowly beat him in the end (had a whopping 5hp left!) and am now heading higher into the tower. I'm really enjoying it, couple of performance hiccups aside its another fantastic entry into the series.

21. shadowman

Ok. Done all of Rabi X Laby (and the Witches Cat) now. Excellent game all in all :) Its definitely one that requires some time to learn, as its got tons of mechanics to learn over the four games. And definitely by the time I had the first of the Rabi X Laby trilogy completed I had the basics down, making the next two games far more manageable and more fun. Witches Cat is a different beast as they introduce tons of new mechanics and the limit on spell usage is another hurdle to overcome but as I played more I got far better at identifying puzzles, but it definitely has the steepest learning curve of the bunch.

I've also been playing much more Ys Origins. Over half way through on my first character playthrough now and loving it. Classic Ys stuff for sure, I just love the gameplay and level of challenge I'm getting against the bosses (all of them are close fights) and its got its trademark excellent soundtracks. With two more characters to use after this one, looks like I'll be getting plenty of playtime out of it!

22. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

It's a damn good game, I've been playing it off and on inbetween games, kinda stuck on a boss near the end of the game at the moment, it's thoroughly enjoyable and very challenging.

I got some pretty awful slowdown on one of the bosses (first i think), but aside from that no complaints here! Very satisfying when you manage to destroy a boss you've been stuck on.

23. shadowman

1st boss (the demon familiar) has some bad slowdown when it uses its fire attack. Thankfully it can easily be dodged so it doesn't impact the game too much. I felt that bastard centipede maybe had some slowdown as well? Or maybe it was just due to the super hectic nature of the end of that boss fight (crazy crap going on all over the screen!). I'm playing on hard mode as well which feels pretty decently pitched for me, not easy but not impossible either!

24. Flying_Pig

Hue done (it was OK)

Still playing Sky Force Anniversary, and I've just got a card which gives me double stars :D

But what to play next? Level 22? We are Doomed? Laser Disco Defenders?

25. shadowman

Did another runthrough on Steamworld Dig (no death run). Awesome stuff just like I remember. Tempted to try a speed run next though doing a 4 star run might be a bit harder. Now the dilema on whether to get Dig 2 on the Switch or Vita...