Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Ok, after looking at the speed run requirements for Dig I just can't be bothered. I'm not a fan of speed running really so it just seems more hassle than anything. However I have been hammering Cursed Castilla over the last couple of days and have only one trophy left for it. Its the one for clearing the back half of the game without dying... I know I can do it (done it on the PS4) but just can't seem to put a flawless run together at the moment. Its a brilliant game though, so happy that it got ported to the Vita, not to mention getting such a wonderful physical release.

Meanwhile, Ys Origins goes well... I've cleared another boss (giant spiky bug) who was actually surprisingly easy all things considered (well, at least compared to the last couple of bastard bosses). Loving this game!

2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Well, We Are Doomed was a bit of a disappointment - not a patch on Geometry Wars. Binned after about half an hour...

I've been chipping away at Vostok Inc now it's been patched to eliminate the crashes, although there's still a bit of slow down if it gets hectic... The developer has promised another patch, though.

I think I'll start Level 22 on my way home tonight :)

3. shadowman

Honestly, "we are doomed" can probably be finished in 30 minutes so you've probably seen all there is to see. I've managed to finish the campaign without continuing but some of the top end survival trophies were too annoying to try getting. As you saw, not a patch on Geo Wars.

4. Flying_Pig

I think I got to level 15 or something. It wasn't close to being fun enough to make be see the rest...

Level 22 is OK, though. Quite simple, but not a bad way to spend a few hours. I think I'm nearly half way already and I've only been playing for about 1 1/2 hours :)

I might play a 'proper' game at some point :p

5. shadowman

Completed my first run on Ys Origins. Now onto my Hugo playthrough on Hard mode. Hit a snag fighting the first boss, she's not the kind of boss you'd want to fight when you have little health and only long range attacks. Took quite a few tries to beat her, I'm thinking things should get easier as I go (in theory) as I power up.

6. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Smart As , im either getting old or thick or both lol. Anyone got a calculator or a dictionary i could borrow ? Tar :)

7. shadowman

Most of the early games were ok for me, but the later ones? Yeah, not a chance. Still really enjoyed it for the most part though just as its something "different"

8. Flying_Pig

Level 22 done.

I'm back playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasr now - just the Velvet playthrough to complete :)

shadowman likes this.
  9. shadowman

4-5 bosses down now in Hugo's playhtrough in Ys Origins. Yeah, got powered up now so I'm not having anywhere near as many issues as I did against the first boss. Be interesting to see how difficult the late game bosses are.

10. shadowman

Almost done with my Hugo run on Ys Origins. Difficulty is starting to level out, with bosses getting slightly more dangerous compared to my power level, unlike a couple of earlier bosses where I destroyed them!

Also got started with Volgarr the Viking. Its just as tough as I remember it! Hopefully I can actually finish the game this time!

11. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Just got to chapter 3 in God Wars: Future Past. I'm loving the game so far. Lots of playable characters to choose from and I like the 3-job system (although the 3rd job is specific to a character). The anime comic style cutscenes are nice. The story is very intriguing as well. Battles feel fresh because of the combination of different jobs per character.

12. shadowman

Endings C and B completed for Volgarr the Viking. Getting ending A will be a true test of skill by the looks of it. Might take me a while to get, can't abuse cloud saving for the alternate paths so learning them will be a pain. That said, the alternate path for the last level is actually easier than the main path by far. Shorter and far more fair in my opinion. Awesome game on the whole, but the camera is too zoomed in and there are some legitimately badly designed/cheap parts that I'm not really a fan of.

13. Flying_Pig

Vostok Inc has been patched, materially improving performance, so I've been playing that all weekend. I'm on the final system now, but the Moolah you need to unlock the final boss is a huge step up from the previous systems and is taking some time...

14. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Mary Skelter! Still loving it! :D

15. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    God of War, was in the mood for some mindless violence :p

Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Here's a weekly update; Majority of my play hours, are my Vita playtime[​IMG]