Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

There's no stupid online trophies Right? I'm not sure when I'll get to this game

2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm getting hooked into Iconoclasts. It's really one of only a few modern platformers that's given me that 16-bit feeling again. Reminds a bit of Drill Dozer on the GBA. I know it looks far better than 16-bit but from what I've played so far it just feels so well done. Most I've spent on a digital game as well.

Flying_Pig and Roscoe Jones like this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Nah I haven't seen any at all at least. There really is not much of an online aspect to it, actually.

4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Just finished Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates, only took about 15 hours to complete, but my what a bloody awesome game!

Japanese turn based RPG with boob girl fan service, what more could I ask for in a game!

Fortunately I managed to complete it without having to look anything up, but it's a shame there is no western version of this, i'm sure the story would have been very entertaining

5. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Right!

6. TheAtom

Oh snap! 15 hours? I might just need to look into that! I thought it'd be a long 50+ adventure of not understanding a thing XD

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

2064: ROM finished. Good ending, and a charming game, but definitely not the kind of thing I'd replay for the other endings (trophies). Still, I've got a few trophies to mop up and then I'll focus on Don't Starve.

I think It'll be Chaos;Child next, but I am tempted to blast through something more action orientated first as a bit of a palette cleanser from ROM... I do have God Of War somewhere.

TheAtom likes this.
  8. TheAtom

Is 2064 more like a visual novel or should I imagine more like Secrets of Monkey Island (due to a lack of a better reference, that's the only point and click I've ever played)

9. Flying_Pig

Much more like a VN - there are some very basic puzzles, but nothing which requires much backtracking or real thought. Any solutions are strongly sign-posted. I don't think I faced any puzzle where the solution wasn't immediately obvious.

TheAtom likes this.
  10. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After checking my list of games I own from PSN I decided it’s finally time to crack open the Metal Gear Solid Vita games, I haven’t played MGS since the first one so this is going to be interesting. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons if Liberty it is then (funny thing is I have actually played through Metal Gear Rising Revengeance so I know a bit about Raiden....).

11. Flying_Pig

So I actually started God of War yesterday - it's good fun (and I know what to expect having already played all of the GoW games), but some of the game mechanics and set pieces have not aged well... Still, it's pretty short (about 6 hours IIRC) and lberal with dropping trophies.:)

12. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished MGS 2 and 3 on the Vita. These games hold up pretty well even today and I had a blast playing both of them. The story and thematics of Sons of Liberty is really kind of interesting today as so many things are spot on according to how society has evolved since that game was released some 16 years ago (!). Also Uncharted 4 take note, this is how you do a final boss battle right. Talking about boss battles, the ones in Snake Eater are so out there and can be handled in so many different ways it’s kind of insane, even though they are maybe not the best boss battles in history they all have a certain charm of their own. Not too many Vita games left to play in my collection now but still a few to go, the Vita is definitely my most played console of all time.

13. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished the last story on Ys Origins yesterday. Cleared the arena on nightmare difficulty. I'll leave the rest for another time. Excellent game.

14. shadowman

Started a couple of PS+ games I have (of which, I seem to have a ton that I've never even heard of let alone started) and gave Uncanny Valley and Hue a try.

Uncanny Valley feels like an unpolished port but an interesting concept. Kinda reminds me of Lone Survivor just not quite as good.

Hue seems like a pretty slick puzzle platformer with an odd narrative. Runs really well though. Looking forward to playing through it, really impressed with the solid Vita port.

zodaex likes this.
  15. shadowman

Ok. That's Hue finished. Nice length for a puzzle platformer and the puzzles were excellent on the whole. I did find a problem with it though - on one of the very last puzzles part of the solution is to flip a switch which stops the moving platforms - but it also disables the killer lasers in the level. Problem is, the smaller screen on the Vita means you won't actually see the lasers shut off (as they aren't shown on screen at the time) basically making the puzzle needlessly annoying because its not as if this mechanic is used in any other level. Another level right at the end also suffers a similar issue with a trap hidden off screen above you which killed me a few times simply because its impossible to see coming unless you already know exactly what to do ahead of time... Otherwise its great. Can't be bothered to get hidden collectables though, can't stand the bloody things in 90% of games!

16. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Just finished The Bard's Tale Remastered and Resnarkled and Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

The Bard's Tale is the best Diablo-like game I've played in the Vita. It's way better than Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, and Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy. You only travel alone but you can summon people/creatures to act as party members. The dialogues are very funny. The 3 endings are hilarious!

I wasn't expecting myself to like Persona 4: Dancing All night. The story made me cringe but the gameplay and music were very good. Now I want to play Persona 4: Golden again!

Now playing Toukiden 2. The open world is a nice change of pace! The game feels different from other hunting games because of the exploration. I'm loving it so far.

zodaex likes this.
  17. Flying_Pig

Yeah, I quite liked Hue too. And I agree about those final few puzzles, very tricky with some elements you only discover/figure out by getting caught out by them...

Nearly finished God of War - I'm enjoying it more and more as I go through :)

I did decide to give Touch My Katamari, however it caused my Vita to crash, forcing a hard-reset. By the time I was up and running again, the moment had passed...

18. MyNameIsJonas

MyNameIsJonas Active Member

I am playing Killzone Mercenary, which is frustratingly great, and slogging through Code;Realize. Although Code;Realize has an interesting plot it hasn't capture my attention yet, and I am already at the sixth chapter.

19. Flying_Pig

Gah - I've spent the entirety of my 45 minute train journey this morning repeatedly attempting (and failing) to get past a spinning blade section in God of War (Blades of Hades?) :eek:

It shouldn't be that hard, but it's so unforgiving - you have to balance across various beams, as well as dodging spinning blades, but one mistake and it's game over - no checkpoint, so if you fail you're back at the beginning - also, while Kratos will grab the beam as he falls in other parts of the game, giving you a few seconds to save yourself, you have no such luxury here.

What makes it even harder, is the 'dynamic camera' - you can't control it yourself and it's not static, so it's frequently panning around as you traverse a beam, meaning that often you can't see exactly where Kratos is relative to the beam.

It's maddening :mad:

shadowman likes this.
  20. shadowman

Ah yes, that bit in GOW. Yeah, no one has a good word to say about it. If its any consolation I'm fairly certain your close to the end of the game!

Anyway, played more Uncanny Valley. Its ok. It tries to do some interesting things with the story but kinda falls flat, its not as clever as how Home does the story, but nowhere near as good gameplay wise as Lone Survivor.

21. shadowman

Done with Uncanny Valley now. Its was ok I guess. Story was nothing to write home about (it doesn't try to make all that much sense while also not being all that interesting to begin with so I stopped caring pretty quick) and the gameplay is mediocre at best. Stick with Lone Survivor is my recommendation, its just better in every way.

Anyway, moved onto Drive Girls because the concept is so silly I had to try it. I like it. Its nice brainless fun wrapped in a silly story about girls who fight bugs and transform into cars. Really need a lockon target for fighting the super fast enemies though, else they'll be a real pain going forward. Looks nice and runs nice as well. Only other game I could really compare this to is Transformers Devastation, since that also features characters that transform and fight bugs (ok, Insecticons).

zodaex and AllHasRed like this.
  22. Flying_Pig

The game itself is pretty good, but that section was incredibly annoying (I cleared it almost straight away last night!) and some aspects of the game haven't aged well at all. I think I'm just about to get to the infamous spinning blades cliff climb, which I recall was equally annoying...

23. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

I am about half way through Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. Will move on to no 2 once I have done.
    A very good story with some very strange characters - very well written and clever how it weaves their back story in and the motives are very good.

24. Flying_Pig

God of War finished :D

I have tried to my Touch My Katamari a few times, but it's crashed at different points every time I've played it (I had to do the tutorial twice). I'll give it another go, but don't have the patience for that...

I have also (finally) started Chaos;Child - good start so far :)

25. shadowman

Played more of Drive Girls, managed to clear the first 17 chapters. Getting the hang of the best way in tackling the larger enemies. Still got some cheap encounters here and there, but its good brainless fun!

zodaex likes this.