Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Good thing that I have them already ! You have to be a die hard fan of one if those weirdo trophy Hunter

2. Roscoe Jones

I'm glad I'm done that mess!the online is way too extensive for no reason!

The Great Absorbo likes this.
  3. The Great Absorbo

The Great Absorbo Member

That’s me! I’d started playing the game over a year ago, and now getting back into again. Really enjoying it. Such a well made game. Enjoying the multiplayer but not sure I’ve got the patience to finish the campaign. I’ll continue until it’s not fun anymore.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Persona 4 Dancing All Night has some great music.

I like it :)

KaiserDragon and Axeru777 like this.
  5. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Me too!

The full version of Time to Make History is so good.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  6. Axeru777

Finished Valkyria Revolution. I thought it was a bad game because critics hated it. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Critics trashed this game and for me it doesn't deserve that trashing. It's not a bad game. The combat is actually fun. I'd say it's a very competent action RPG. I also liked the story. It's a tragic tale about revenge.

Most critics were disappointed with this game because the gameplay is not the same as the tactical turn based combat of Valkyria Chronicles 1-3. Well, that's like hating Persona 4: Dancing All Night because it's not a JRPG like Persona 4 Golden.

7. Roscoe Jones

This is truly a game that will break you or make you! It's one of the most difficult games in the industry. It's known not to be a push over. I've probably played close to 200 hours and I'm very experienced but I still have a tough time. You should get the Omega Collection on the ps4[pro]. It's essentially WipEout 2048 HD remake with VR support and the cinrols are a waaaaay better [refined]. Eventually I'm gonna get a VR just because of this game alone.

8. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

You just gave me reason to both get this game as well as revisit the original on the Ps3!

Roscoe Jones and Axeru777 like this.
  9. Roscoe Jones

I'm glad you enjoyed this game! Goes to show that those gaijin critics were totally subjective with their reviews which is okay but I'm sure they didn't play the entire game at all or paid attention to detail! Action rpgs are the best in my opinion because it keeps at a steady pace and it's easier to grind [and it keeps me awake. I'm getting old lol] plus it's more flashy!

Axeru777 likes this.
  10. Axeru777

Playing Super Robot Wars V. Wow it looks so different now. The last one I played was the one for the original Gameboy. Playing this brings back childhood memories.

KaiserDragon and TheAtom like this.
  11. TheAtom

That's a pretty amazing time travel there!!

Axeru777 likes this.
  12. Axeru777

Yeah lol. I never tried the other Super Robot War games because there were no english version. Good thing Super Robot Wars V on the Vita has english subtitles.

13. Roscoe Jones

Wow that's cool!

14. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Up to Chapter 5(?) on Chaos;Child - the game's taking an increasingly dark and disturbing tone, but I'm really enjoying it!

Nothing else is getting a look in!

TheAtom likes this.
  15. TheAtom

I pretty much finished Dungeon Travelers, though the 2,000 monsters trophy will be looming over my head before I can truly say "I'm done with you!!" (Oh, and I REALLY want that sequel to come over now, although I'm quite sure it won't...) But anyway! I started Gravity Rush! It's pretty tough getting used to the gravity-flip system, but it's already REALLY cool. Also the best way anyone's ever implemented comic/manga style storytelling in movies/games imo.

Axeru777 and Flying_Pig like this.
  16. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

I can say that this is exactly me lol!! They look really good on full-colour!!!

I'm glad now we are getting steady release of the series.

Axeru777 and TheAtom like this.
  17. Flying_Pig

Up to chapter of Chaos;Child - wow, the game has taken a massively dark turn - far darker than anything in Steins;Gate! :eek:

Super game too - not quote as good as Steins;Gate, but better than Steins;Gate 0 though

TheAtom likes this.
  18. Detective Kaito

Detective Kaito Active Member

Been a while since I've signed so might as well comment.

Currently playing Danganronpa V3, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Ys Origin, SAO: Hollow Realization, and Undertale.

Lots of games and not enough time!

danganronpa v3 and ys viii are masterpieces, btw.

19. TheAtom

I recently finished Gravity Rush (man, it's good!) and went on to play A.W. Phoenix Festa as I've finally caught up to the end of it the Phoenix Festa in the novels. Man, what a horrible, horrible adaptation that is... The fighting is fun for a very short while, seeing the characters you know from reading and a few still images in full 3D movement and controlling them is AWESOME, but sheesus it lacks depth. It's INCREDIBLY easy, even if your stats aren't up to par. Mind you, I found Senran Kagura to be almost too difficult at times: I'm not good at this. It's just that... well, the enemy isn't either. It's fun to see they tried to give certain characters their own playstyle (gunner Saya keeps running away to create distance, whereas axewielder Lester keeps running at you to close that distance) but dear lord, it's far too predictable. The character models look pretty cool though, and they definitely deserve credit for that, but... it's just not good. Outside of battles, it's pretty darned boring. The bits of story here and there do not do the novels any justice, sadly.

So yeah, put that on hold for now. Now I started Blazblue ChronoPhantasm and it's DOPE.

Axeru777 likes this.
  20. Flying_Pig

Got my first ending on Chaos;Child last night - I'm now just searching for some more endings. Good stuff :D

TheAtom likes this.
  21. Axeru777

Just finished Super Robot Wars V. What an epic game. It was really nice to see robots from my childhood again! The battle animations are really good!

Looking forward to playing Super Robot Wars X when it comes out!

22. Axeru777

Playing Dynasty Warriors Next. Itching for some mindless hack and slash.

Is it just me or does it really look and play better than DW8 Xtreme Legends?

23. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Finished Persona 4 Dancing All Night 2 days ago.

In a nutshell, the story is fine for what it is but don't expect anything deep (story mode does contain few spoilers from P4/P4G)

The game it's story mode is in essence a VN with rhythm gameplay in between, you do need to play and finish the story mode to unlock all the extras in the shop and to unlock all the music tracks in the game (I finished the story mode in around 10 hours).

Voice acting is in english and it has full voice acting for the most part of the story mode, the VN parts has nice graphics and so does the game itself.

Performance wise it's great and I never had any framerate drop, also the loading times are fairly quick (quicker than in Miku games on the Vita for example).

Then there is the music and it's AWESOME, the game contains music from the original game but there are also remixed versions of the original tracks that can be played and I really like the music in the game.

Only issue (in my opinion) is that the gameplay is harder than you would think, on easy and normal it's fine but on hard difficulty there seems to be a spike in how much harder the gameplay gets... and that's not even the highest difficulty in the game.

No idea what I should play next so maybe I should play some of the games I started in the past without finishing them.

TheAtom likes this.
  24. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Currently having a blast on Star Wars The Force Awakens ...I really do have a soft spot for lego games and the cut scenes always make me smile. Follows the film quite nicely to , lovely graphics and you get to fly the millenium falcon what else do you need. :)

25. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter Evolution
    So far, so good :)