Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. warwolf

warwolf Member

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Initially I felt I liked Warriors Orochi 2 better where each army had their own story. But after some thinking I like the idea of one main story where all fractions fight together on one side against Orochi. :)

2. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Finished Semispheres last night which proved to be a charming little puzzle game. Up next is Limbo.

3. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

About half way through Iconoclasts - it's really good, but quite tricky. The boss fights definitely take a few attempts!

Still, it loos beautiful and is brilliantly put together - highly recommended!

I've also been dipping in to Color Guadrians, which is OK, but average at best...

Andreas Stalin, Axeru777 and TheAtom like this.
  4. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Iconoclasts is definitely on my "to buy list", just waiting for it to go on sale, can't wait to play it

Flying_Pig likes this.
  5. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished Lacrimosa of Dana, it kind of baffles me how this kind of grandiose, expansive adventure fits so perfectly on the tiny screen of the little wonder that is the playstation vita. This is a game with a large world to explore, beautiful art, sweet music and a story thats kind of captivating. It also surprised me with the added vertically to some of the locations that added even more space to be explored. It also has an interesting take (if not really original) on the metaphysics of evolution that gives you something to think about. Its also the game, outside of monster hunter type titles, that has the most boss fights in one single game that i can remember having played, there are just tons of them! Another thing worth mentioning is that every single character in your party plays differently, but they are all fun to learn and use. I ended up using Laxia the most and while she starts off slow, by the end of the game she was a monster.

After finishing this and Tokyo Xanadu recently I’ve been thinking about the whole ps4/vita porting situation, and if you are missing out playing these on the vita instead of the expanded ps4 versions. I know there are extra content for both these games on the ps4 but in my opinion they feel pretty complete on the ps vita and they are definitely long enough games as is. Its kind of interesting though that these two games pretty much looks the same on both the vita and the ps4 while the framerate and resolution is the only thing keeping them apart while two other crossover titles I have played on the vita, SAO Hollow Realization and Toukiden 2, has the exact same content on both platforms but look vastly different...

In my opinion some games are just more suited to be played in a handheld format and i feel that both TX and LoD fits that description.

Moving on after a little break next up will be Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice on the ps4.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Axeru777

Finished Ar Nosurge Plus. Great RPG! There's so much dialogue to read but at least all the characters are fleshed out. The side stories can be really funny at times. Battle system is unique and the Harmobursts (the game's limit break-like attacks) are something that should be really seen, Cloud's omnislash or Tidus' Blitz Ace can't compare to what the characters in Ar Nosurge do during Harmobursts lol!

Now playing Claire: Extended Cut. It really makes a difference in a horror game when you can't defend yourself from enemies. It makes exploration even more terrifying!

Andreas Stalin and TheAtom like this.
  7. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

While goofing around with NFS Most Wanted it once again dawned on me what a capable machine the Vita really is. And that led me to a though; why in the world didn't rockstar partner up with Sony to make a Grand Theft Auto for the Vita?

It could have run on a modified version of the GTA IV engine (if possible) perhaps starring a female protagonist with ties to the mafia, maybe a daughter trying to break free from her mafia heritage or something like that....

If this had been made exclusive for the Vita early in its life span I think history would have been different than it is today (we probably would have had the Vita 2 by now)....

Massive missed opportunity if you ask me.

(Yeah i know chinatown wars was ported to the vita but it wasn’t quite the same as a real triple A type GTA game if you know what i mean even though its quite charming in its own right.)

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 11:34 PM
  8. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Andreas Stalin With Rockstar pumping out huge budget games, I can imagine they wanted to wait it out and see whether it'd be a hit to publish it on the Vita themselves, because else they'd be spending a ton of money with low expected sales. From Sony's perspective, it's also super easy to understand: they just didn't seem to care to spend any money on marketing. Personally, I believe they should've called the Vita the PSP2 if they wanted to go that route...

Axeru777 likes this.
  9. Axeru777

I agree, the PS Vita should have been called PSP2. Look at the Wii U, people were confused what the hell it was. They thought it was a Wii peripheral.

Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 9:49 PM
  10. TheAtom

For certain. Hell, my father owns a Wii and a DS. When the 3DS came out, they were disappointed to see that the new games were only for the 3DS, even though 'they didn't even care about the 3D function'. Now they are beyond the casual market, more the common household market, but I think it says something about the clarity it takes to advertise your product to a wider audience, especially for a handheld product that stands NEXT to the mainline console. It also just makes sense seeing playstation's naming conventions (as opposed to Nintendo's), and even what the system actually is.

Axeru777 likes this.
  11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Completed Limbo last night & what a strange little game. Loved the art style, the puzzles & the whole feel of the game. And then it ended. Rather abruptly.

Flying_Pig, TheAtom and Axeru777 like this.
  12. Axeru777

Finished Claire: Extended Cut. The story is really dark. The gameplay felt like a 2D version of Silent Hill minus the weapons. Good horror game!

Now playing Army Corps of Hell. The gameplay kinda reminds me of New Little King's Story but it's faster and the metal soundtrack is cool. It feels like an action strategy game.

TheAtom likes this.
  13. TheAtom

Limbo's on the Vita? I think I remember playing a demo of it on the PS3 and getting completely stuck somewhere... Maybe the Vita can resurrect it!

Axeru777 likes this.
  14. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

If you enjoyed Limbo, you really must play Inside, although the latter isn't on Vita. Inside is a real step up from Limbo - a 10/10 from me