Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Yep, sadly... And with alk the different effects of the cards, it's not terribly import friendly either...

2. masofdas

masofdas Member

Shame but at only £8 it seems on PSN, can't complain

3. TheAtom

Totally worth it!!

If you do give it a shot, please do share your experience here! I'd love to know what you think of it :D

4. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Playing Uppers before I completly dive again into Trails

5. TheAtom

I'm still trying to gather opinions on the game now it's getting localized. What do you think of it??

6. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Vita-wise? The game actually performs better nowadays with the updates and all, nonetheless, since the models are detailed or a lot or girls and stuff are usually on screen, enemies always come in small groups and you can't see them from affar, think of dynasty warriors but in groups of 3.
    Stages are quite short, so is the game overall, but they add replay-value by having to unlock all the girls you find by doing stuff for them or leveling up the companion girls which grant you new abilities.

It's not a bad game, but not something to be too excited about. Gameplay is simple and combos too for a brawler. I can understand why it flopped back when it released, it's fun, but production wise is mediocre. Senran Kagura has more resources.

TheAtom likes this.
  7. TheAtom

I appreciate it! It kind of echoes what I've heard elsewhere :D

8. TheAtom

The wife is playing the Witcher 3 with remote play as I'm watching a hiphop documentary on the TV. Shit looks nice!

Sadly screen shots don't work in remote play, so a picture will have to suffice.

[​IMG]

9. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After playing through the rather brilliant Etrian Odyssey Untold on the 3DS I decided on something light next. Drive Girls it is then. Cars that can turn into girls or vice versa? Count me in!

zodaex, TheAtom and warwolf like this.
  10. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

be prepared to get bored...... very quickly

11. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Playing Spyhunter , rubbish game but I kinda like it.

TheAtom likes this.
  12. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After playing through the novelty that was Drive Girls (it actually had its charms though!) I decided it was time to go all out with DOA Xtreme 3 Venus which looks beautiful, is quite addictive and plays surprisingly well.

13. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Games I finished recently:

Xenon Valkyrie+
    Fun roguelike platformer with RPG elements. There's three characters to choose from and each of them have different special items you can utilize. It's hard but you'll always have that "I'll try one more time" itch until you finish it.

Criminal Girls 2
    This is actually a solid turn-based JRPG. It kinda reminded me of Mary Skelter maybe because of it's aesthetics. The battle system is unique in which you pick which character will attack on a turn and the attacks change every turn depending on the situation. What sets this apart from other JRPGs is it's skill learning system. In order to teach your character new skills you will have to motivate them by doing stimulating stuff to them while they are in suggestive positions. I will not dare play this game on public transport. I'd play Senran Kagura in the tube or in the bus but not this game lol.

I tried finishing the career mode in Virtua Tennis 4 but my save file got corrupted. I don't know how to fix it because the game saves in the cartridge. Bummer. The gameplay is still so good. It reminds me of Virtua tennis 2 on the Dreamcast. Well at least I can still play ad hoc multiplayer with my girlfriend.

14. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

very fun game it really does make you think about the choices you make - and it will punish you if you make bad choices, I totally agree on not playing it in public lol

Axeru777 likes this.
  15. TheAtom

So I finished the story of Bullet Girls: Phantasia, which is definitely a fun game! I still stand wholly by my post here in the Bullet Girls thread. Will it make it into my top 10? Nah, but did I expect it to? Nah.

Now I'm playing a little indie game called Alone With You. It's advertised as a point and click sci-fi romance adventure. The graphics are just SO good! I love pixel art animation scenes and these are done so well! The music is nice and atmospheric as well and I'm very quickly investigated in the story. I was also completely blown away by the way light sources affect the sprite of the character you're moving about! LIGHTING IN A 2D PIXEL GAME?? Yeah, blown away. I picked it up for a few bucks a while back and so far already worth my money!!

zodaex, Axeru777 and Mr Tornado like this.
  16. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

What did everyone think of Sir Eatsalot? I've been playing it for maybe 5 hours & I don't know - it's bit of a slog. I'm at the mines & I've just given up. The game's irritating me for some reason. :(

So I've just unsealed my Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical Edition for a change of, erm, scenery...

lesdennis and Axeru777 like this.
  17. TheAtom

I personally loved it. The mines are a bit of a drag, you do need to remember where things are located, though.

I think I am pretty easy though. It reeled me in with its low budget high love cartoon style and I didn't stop loving it. Overall I'd rate it 3.5/5, maybe a 3/5 if I try to filter out my personal love for the artstyle. The game has a lot of great ideas, but what obviously has been a very bumpy and tiresome development process has not done its execution a lot of good.

Also: Shinovi Versus is incredibly awesome. :)

Mr Tornado likes this.
  18. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Finished Spyhunter, I enjoyed it in ten minute bursts.

Terramax likes this.
  19. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

428 Shibuya Scramble is -awesome-.

(And I love remote play on the vita, before you point out the issue...)

Mr Tornado, Vita_Girl and Rattlebag like this.
  20. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Recently took a huge risk and paid £34.99 for a digital copy of Berserk. I've recently been catching up with the manga and watching the mediocre film series, and had the itch to play mainly the Dreamcast version, but no DC console at home right now. No Japanese PS2 to play the Japan exclusive Berserk either. I originally downloaded the steam PC version, but the game is terribly optimised, so eventually dropped the same money for an inferior yet portable Vita version.

Not a fan of Dynasty Warriors games, but took the dive. Wasn't happy with it to begin with, but slowly getting into it. Right now, going through the start of the campaign. The original story is great, but I've seen the classic arc via the manga, the 1997 series, and in the new film series, so bit tired of seeing another iteration of it when I'd rather see scenes of later time periods in the manga. I'm sure once I get to the latter half of the game I'll enjoy it more.

Honestly, the game could be a lot gorier than it is. I'm not hell bent on violence in gaming, but it honestly just looks and feels too tame to be a Berserk game. Anyone who's read the manga or played the Dreamcast title knows what I'm talking about. But I want to remain positive, as I dropped a huge amount on this game and want my monies worth. Will play the crap out of this game.

I would say I'm also currently playing Bullet Girls Phantasia but, honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in that title and thinking to sell it off and recoop some of the costs. The hit detection is awful, framerate questionable at times, the camera cannot be modified to turn faster. The most disappointing game of this year, I'm afraid.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  21. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

So I returned to Sir Eatsalot for more punishement, I mean fun. :D Managed to get myself out of the mines & fighting that damn clown. I HATE the circus & I HATE clowns. :mad:

22. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

I managed to get 2 endings in The Binding of Isaac. This game is soooo good. It's like an old school Zelda that plays like a rogue-like top down shooter. It's extremely addictive! Each playthrough feels different because there are so many power ups you can get and the stages change. There are also a lot of characters and endings to unlock.

I also played a bit of OlliOlli. I just finished all the amateur stages. I found it difficult. I couldn't unlock the pro stages. It's a pretty good sidescrolling skateboarding game though. It made me miss those Tony Hawk games.