Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

This morning I finished Dungeon Travellers 2. A very memorable game indeed, I would give it 9/10. :)

Axeru777 and TheAtom like this.
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Awesome to hear more people like it! I think it gets a bad rap for having sexualized content, despite just being an excellent Wizardry-like.

I've been playing a little bit of New Little King's Story. The story's setup is basic as hell. You are a king, but your castle's gotten taken over by demons exactly when you had some ladies over who got warped away in the process. You got some fun, cheerie characters as support characters, but so far, I'm getting the feeling they're not going to matter at all.

I've been playing barely an hour so far, so not too long, but it seems you need to rebuild your kingdom, claim new areas to expand your kingdom, and build up your forces to both take back the princesses that got warped away and reclaim your castle! The general cycle seems to be to gather some of your villagers, get them to have the appropriate job for your current quest (say, attacking enemies, digging holes, I don't know, whatever it is you fancy) and go out adventuring. When you're done for the moment, go back to the castle, have your spoils appraised, see how you wanna spend the money on rebuilding and improving your kingdom before you go out again, having reaped the benefits of your improvements.

The game looks pretty darned nice as well. And although the framerate is certainly not always as smooth, it's not as frequent nor as bad as Bullet Girls: Phantasia and perfectly well playable.

Liking it so far, but I'll probably give some updates to this when I get further in

zodaex, warwolf and Axeru777 like this.
  3. Limbofunk

Limbofunk Member

I went to finish all the trophies (I was missing one) on Zero Time Dilemma and accidentally deleted my save......so I went through and replayed the whole thing. Zero Escape is my favorite gaming series, so I was happy to play it again, but it was pretty demoralizing to do something so foolish.

4. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Zen Pinball 2 is commanding a fair amount of time when the WiiU/Switch isn't :)

5. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Just went back to P4Golden lol been over a year now and still not finished it

warwolf likes this.
  6. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Still playing MonHun Freedom Unite and DOA Xtreme 3 but since they are more or less neverending grindfests I’m gonna start up Child of Light. Not quite sure what to expect from that game but it looks really lovely from what I have seen.

warwolf likes this.
  7. ScaryD

ScaryD Member

Currently playing P4G in New Game + mode to 100% all the trophies. Then I will probably play Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

8. TheAtom

I'm still busy with New Little King's Story, and I've put in quite some hours as my wife had been home with a cold and she needed me to take care of her (which means: make sure she's comfortable, make her tea and soup, and besides that have her lie on the couch while I get some gaming hours in on the PSTV so she can kind of watch along (which thus means: she wasn't horribly sick, but sick enough not to play the Witcher 3).

zodaex I remember you asked whether it was any good. Having played it now for some 10-20 hours (I think 17 or something?), I can definitely say it's pretty good! Seeing the effects of town development is really fun. How you go from walking through deserted patches of grass while walking to your new quest from walking through a bustling town with a distinct feel (the Royal City or Wealthy City for example really feel like royal or wealthy as opposed to the Miner Town or Farmlands). The combat system is really fun, with a lot of strategy going into forming the balance of your group (akin to forming a deck in a card battler), and though it never gets really tough, it always stays engaging.

The visuals are also pretty darned good, although the performance (which doesn't make use of the 'no internet' and 'no other app' features of the Vita, sadly) can drop a little when your group gets too big. Noticeably, but as someone who's not too sensitive to it, it's really quite all right. If you are sensitive to it however, you can stick to a smaller group, and it should still be doable. It will add some more difficulty to it, as well as some further planning, and probably backtracking since you won't have people from all jobs along (most likely). Definitely recommend this to anyone here that's still on the fence after having seen the trailer or something.

Also: it's EU physical only, as the digital's been scrapped. To my knowledge there weren't any updates to worry about and I'm guessing the DLC didn't add much? I can't really talk about that as I only got it after it'd been scrapped. xD

Axeru777 and zodaex like this.
  9. alf

alf Active Member

I saw this game 2 weeks ago at my local store. The price was something about 16 GBP. Was wondering if i should pick this up, but in the end i just thought to myself that i don't really need mediocre games (*-*)

10. TheAtom

It's not amazing by any standards, but the Vita doesn't really offer anything else really like it (as far as I know anyway), and it's definitely great fun. I'd probably give it a 75/100, perhaps learning towards an 80/100 depending on how the rest of my time pans out.

Oh yeah, the Platinum seems very doable if you're playing the game. It'll take a little while, but it's not very grindy or overly difficult.

11. Andreas Stalin

Finished Child of Light. Quite the beautiful game, fantastic art direction, and no padding. It’s pretty short for an rpg, but since the battle system doesn’t really evolve (apart from you getting more party members, which gives you more room to experiment and strategize), I felt it was fine the way it was.

12. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

I spent some days with Real Boxing and managed to finish the 'story'. Pretty good game and well worth its low price. The difficulty increased towards the end and I dont think Ill try to master it.

Axeru777 likes this.
  13. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Been playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory and I'm now in Chapter 7. Digivolving and devolving is still as addictive as ever. The story is actually not a sequel to the first Cyber Sleuth game. It's like an alternate path from a different protagonist's perspective.

zodaex, Vita_Girl, warwolf and 2 others like this.
  14. huckpg

huckpg New Member

Street Fighter x Tekken
    Dragon's Crown
    Phantasy Star Nova

15. Rattlebag

Rattlebag Member

I love this game. Really wish it was on the Vita. My remote play set up isn't good enough to play it in a different room to the PS4

16. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Replaying Unit 13 as it's just that good on a rainy day. :)

17. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just set it up to remote-connect via the wireless internet in your house?

18. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

After beating the Uppers story mode, I'm not planning to grind everything right now, I've started Odin Sphere. Game is actually decently balanced on hard, I even had to fight a couple bosses already more than once so that's great, I'm tired of games being too simple.

zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  19. Rattlebag

Rattlebag Member

Not good enough unfortunately. Changing providers in February.

20. Andreas Stalin

Still playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the Vita. It’s hard to believe this is actually a psp game, it’s quite realized as a pure monster hunting/slaying simulation. All credit must go out to Capcom who believed in this, at its core, absolutely uncommercial project and kept it as pure as they did.

For me this game has a learning curve that was almost as steep as it was learning how to play Demon’s Souls, but when it finally starts clicking and it sinks it’s teeth in you, you are caught hook, line and sinker. And boy is it addictive. The way you feel that you actually get better at playing the game the more you play it is quite intoxicating. I hit a serious road block with the first tigrex fight, but by studying its patterns and learning the timings of its attacks I learned how to handle him and that experience carries over to how I fight other monsters and that feels pretty good.

Now I truly realize why all those other games are called ‘monster hunter clones’ or ‘monster hunter type’ games. It was here that the formula got established; you hunt monsters to get materials to make weapons, armor and equipment, with better weapons and armor you hunt stronger monsters and get better materials to make stronger weapons and armor. Rinse and repeat. It’s genius!

As usual with this types of games I went with the fastest weapon, this time the dual swords, but I also use sword and shield for the times when I need some more defensive options. I tested out the slower (stronger) weapons in training but it messes up my timing. Some of them seemed really quite interesting though. There is also options for bowguns and bows but since you can’t bring melee weapons along I’ll probably get bored using only ranged weapons (but I can see there are monsters that would probably be a lot easier if you went with a ranged attack). But since I already have 3 and 4 Ultimate for the 3DS and I have ordered generations for the Switch, there should be time to check them all out sometimes.

warwolf likes this.
  21. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Kinda hooked on Wipeout 2048. Too bad the servers are offline though

zodaex and warwolf like this.
  22. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Good to hear. My copy actually just arrived today (for my Capcom collection). I really enjoyed MHW, and have been meaning to get into the rest of the series for ages.

Anyway. I've not touched my Vita since finishing 99 Vidas a few times (fun game, shit trophy list). I have however been glued to my PSP because I'm playing Kurohyou 2 (aka pocket size Yakuza game on the PSP, 2). Its a fantastic entry in the series that continues the exploits of Tatsuya as he gets dragged into a Kansai/Kanto gang war against "Asura". Well, I'm fairly certain that's what's happened. The combat is far more heavy hitting and deeper than the standard series, its now got two cities to explore, loads of mini games, side stories, fighting styles to enjoy. It seems better than the first game for sure, helps that they've done a great job at developing Tatsuya as a character plus the mini games are more in depth than the first game. Pity it never saw an English release. Only bad point? The load times!

zodaex likes this.
  23. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Ive been playing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for a while but its just lately Ive realized how good it is. I love these kind of games and there are so many stages and characters to unlock. Works so well on the Vita too.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018 at 8:45 PM