Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've heard its a tad glitchy on all platforms so I don't think that'll bother me too much. I was more concerned that it ran pretty bad on the Vita or such. Thanks :)

2. Jabyar

Jabyar Well-Known Member

Playing Resogun :p Can anyone tell me why humans die when I'm waiting for them?? I don't get how it works, sometimes they get out, sometimes no :?

3. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Active Member

You have to kill Keepers to release the humans but on some levels it depends on your multiplier for some humans, and on some levels the humans that drop from having a good multiplier drop near an edge so you have to be quick to save them. Oh and nearly forgot, some of the keepers have to be killed in a certain order, so you will have one glowing green and the rest will be red, when you kill the green one the next one you need to kill will turn green.

Jabyar, Flying_Pig and VINNIE GANESH like this.
  4. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

Played Project Diva F2 and then tried it on my PS3 via cross save. :)

5. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

I started Demon Gaze the other week, it sat on my backlog for far too long. Good game to play in small bursts during my commute. Hoping to get it platted in time for Operation Abyss

6. Jabyar

Jabyar Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul! I'm gonna try having that on mind : D

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Started Grim Fandango. Controls are a bit slow (I'm using the Tank controls for the trophy), and the border each side is a bit of a pain, but it's still a great game :)

DeathMoJo likes this.
  8. DelusionMan

DelusionMan Active Member

You can change it to widescreen from the Special Features menu (thus getting rid of the borders) where it says "render." Also, the game warns you about it, but there's no autosave, so keep that in mind in the event of a crash (it crashed once in Year 2 for me).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  9. Mr.Detective

Mr.Detective Member

Right now I'm picking up the slack and trying to finish Ys: Memories of Celceta.I bought it pretty much at the same time as my Vita last year and like many of the games I own, I left it half finished because some other game popped up at the time.

I'm almost done with it and once I do, I'll be going to Conception 2, wich I'm almost done with as well.

10. Chamosial

Chamosial New Member

At the moment, I have P4G and SAO on the go so I keep switching between those but I'm also playing Spyro too :3

I only recently got a Vita and so far am completely in love with it :D

shadowman likes this.
  11. DelusionMan

Still GF. Did Year 3. PSA: Attempting to walk into the secret room via a regular transition crashes the game (found out by accident, then caused it intentionally a minute later). Pressing X in front of the entrance will make Manny walk forward automatically and not crash the game.

12. Flying_Pig

Yeah - I did haev a look at the 16:9 aspect, but it just stretches the image across the screen, making Manny look really fat, so I've reverted back to standard 4:3 :)

I'm also saving regularly (although I don't understand why saving takes so damn long!), but have had no crashes so far.

I'm playing through Year 2 ATM. I'm also enjoying the trophies for this one - they're not especially tricky, but to force you do properly explore your dialogue options with various characters :)

13. DelusionMan

Finished the game. Now to go through again, get my missing trophies, listen to the dev commentary, and play it again just because it's that good.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  14. shadowman

Been playing Grim Fandango, at the end of year 2. Things I like about the game - the setting, characters, dialogue, music, story. Things that I'm crap at - the puzzles. This is clearly a great game and I'm plain bad at it. Most of the time I can't piece together the puzzles, sometimes I feel the solutions are way to obscure and a few times I did figure out the solution but the game forces you to do the solution in a very specific way which is ultra frustrating. Still well worth the money, I just wish I was better at point and click games...

15. DelusionMan

Aside from one of the last puzzles in Year 3, the latter half of the game is more straightforward because you have a smaller inventory.

16. Flying_Pig

I'm somewhere in Year 2 at the moment - probably near the end. I'm really enjoying it - the dialogue and characters are excellent, although that the puzzles are really tricky

17. DelusionMan

As of 1 this morning, I've listened to the dev commentary (has very minor spoilers but is very interesting) and have all trophies in GF. Some stuff I can't believe I missed the first time around, and some I probably would have anyway because doing things in a certain order can lead to missed opportunities. Probably going to resume my life as a sinner for a bit before going through the Land of the Dead again.

18. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

Hohokum, grim fandango and Citizens of Earth, the vita keeps on giving :)

19. Chesterlots

Chesterlots Member

I am finishing off the Red Rage and the Casket boss in Freedom Wars. Those claws ripped me limb from limb, so I am having to grind for better gear and NPC companion levels. At the same time, I am trying to play Ratchet and Clank HD Collection alongside Fez. Plus, I got more cars to shut down in NFS Most Wanted. PS+ isn't helping either when it comes to my backlog!

20. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

This is most old school adventure games such as Broken Sword, etc. Great games, but solving the puzzles can be tricky..

21. shadowman

I'd say obtuse, not tricky. For example (spoilers) at the end of the second year you have to get your friend from the high roller club. The solution just confused the hell out of me, instead of just going to him and speaking to him you have to rig a game of roulette at your club, cause the police chief to shut the place down and that cuts off his credit at the high rollers club so he gets thrown out. Without any hints or anything I just don't get how the hell I was supposed to guess that was the solution!

22. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Aabs Animals - Keeps my daughter entertained, though I don't know why lol

23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just started playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Certainly looks very nice so far.

DeathMoJo likes this.
  24. shadowman

I've given Nihilumbra a try. Cleared the main game and unlocked void mode. Holy crap this is a complete other level in comparison to the main game, I've managed to clear the first level but I'm stumped with the second! I'll give it another shot later, I wish the game would have met in the middle somewhere, the main game is a tad too easy, then void mode goes so far the other way its pretty insane.

25. Blank

Blank Member

I've been switching between the first Persona game, which seems pretty "old school" to me, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Both games are amazing so far, and just makes me wish I picked up a vita much earlier than I did.
    Here's hoping I can actually follow through with my plan to play the Persona series all the way through! :D