Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Totally stuck on Kick & Fennick, so it's back to Duke Nukem :)

2. ChthonicChris

ChthonicChris Member

PSN ID:
    Chthonic_Chris
    Really couldn't get on with Kick & Fennick, dislike the main protagonist! I'm still playing Isaac and Rogue Legacy, with a little bit of Rollers Of The Realm thrown into the mix. Oh, and Suikoden!

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Its well worth going for the plat. Its tough no doubt, some of the optional boss battles take a lot of effort to nail the patterns down (plus the characters have preset powers/health so you can't over level to fight the bosses). I'd say the hardest (or at least most annoying) of the trophies is the one where you have to clear the clowns bonus game.

Meanwhile I've been playing Kick and Fennick. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, it looks good, runs well and its gameplay is pretty addictive so far. Its better than I expected it to be, I'll give it some further time and see if it end up annoying me with some silly puzzles late in the game...

4. Flying_Pig

He far have you got? It does get trickier as you progress, but there are some definite spikes. I'm totally stuck on 4-8. I think I know what I need to do, but just can't... :(

Jaywalkers likes this.
  5. Jaywalkers

Jaywalkers New Member

Hi guys! If you get stuck in Kick & Fennick somewhere, please let us know on twitter @jaywalkersint. (Or anywhere else, but Twitter is the fastest way to get a hold of us.)
    We want to ensure a smooth experience without frustrating difficulty spikes, so then we know what to fix! This is the part where Flying_Pig got stuck, so if you're having trouble in 4-8 aswell, have a look:
    https://vine.co/u/1176662662067662848

Our physics are ever so slightly different on the Vita than they are on PC, which makes some jumps a tad harder than we wanted them to be. Sorry about that! Nothing we can't fix though, so please let us know! :)

Thanks everyone!

Linkx41, maouvin, DelusionMan and 2 others like this.
  6. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    And here I'm still trying to make it through 4-7. I think maybe I need to stop squandering all my energy trying to collect everything and just get through the level.
    That said, I'm having an absolute blast with this game. It started off nice and easy with some fun mechanics but I was worried that maybe it was a bit too easy. Well, that fear didn't last long as the challenges started to ramp up with the addition of bounce pads and the like. I'm no longer breezing through the levels, but that's fine with me. I can't wait to see how bonkers it gets in Chapter 5.

And ChthonicChris , how can you dislike Kick? He's an adorable little kid. Actually, he reminds me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story, minus the glasses and with one hell of an upgraded Red Rider BB gun.

Jaywalkers likes this.
  7. ReDiR

ReDiR Member

Started Mutant Blobs Attack yesterday, also playing FF6 and Fat Princess

8. Flying_Pig

Thanks guys - after that video, I managed that section first time :D

I'm aiming to finish it tomorrow :)

9. vongruetz

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    Ironically I had no problems with that jump, but the one after it almost killed me. Finally got it though. 4-9 here I come!

10. Flying_Pig

I think it's because my first jump was to the right, rather than trying to use the bounce-pad to the left. Once I saw how it was meant to be done, I managed it first go :)

I'm now on 5-9, so very nearly at the end :)

11. Flying_Pig

Kick & Fennick done - really enjoyed the final few levels. Despite getting stuck, and a few other difficulty spikes, I really enjoyed it and would recommend that you give it a go.

Back to Duke Nukem now - 'Come Get Some'

Jaywalkers, DelusionMan and Liam like this.
  12. DelusionMan

DelusionMan Active Member

Jungle Rumble

13. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

Come on, you've got to give us more than that! :D What do you think to it?

Looks like throwaway shovelware, but then the description is Patapon meets Advance Wars and the iOS version reviewed extremely well, but then that's not saying a lot as utter dross gets 9/10 on iOS as you can see when superior ports hit Vita and struggle to crack 6/10.

14. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Borderlands 2 - Getting in more coop tonight, this game is still great :)

Flying_Pig likes this.
  15. Oguri

Oguri Member

Been tempted to try again. Not as melee however since both zero and psycho dropped the fps below 10 when movement speed buffs where active

16. vongruetz

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    I'm on 5-9 and what drives me crazy is when I'm trying to make a jump and keep failing over and over only to realize that I'm doing it wrong. I'm not jumping to the right spot. Then I correct it and it's so much better.
    I does get really challenging in the later levels (even on Easy) but it's a fantastic game. Really enjoying it.

Jaywalkers and Flying_Pig like this.
  17. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I've only played the first two levels of Kick & Fennick so far, but it looks to be my sort of game. Good to see others enjoying it.

18. Flying_Pig

I'm not sure how much of a difference the difficulty makes. I played the whole thing on normal, but did try easy when I was stuck. No idea what the difference is...

Jaywalkers likes this.
  19. Jaywalkers

Jaywalkers New Member

Between Easy and Normal, the only difference is the amount of respawn energy you have and gain with finding powernodes. On Hard, you only have an arrow to see the direction of the jump, instead of your trajectory.

Vongruetz, there's always a (relatively) simple solution! ;)

p.s. If you do find yourself stuck and/or frustrated somewhere, please let us know. We aimed to make the challenge progress smoothly without difficulty spikes. We want you to have to think a bit on how to approach some of the challenges, that's part of the fun of course, but it shouldn't feel unfair!

Flying_Pig likes this.
  20. DelusionMan

DelusionMan Active Member

The amount of energy Fennick uses to rescue you increases, and the dotted line that shows your predicted trajectory is replaced by a blue arrow that just indicates the general direction you'll go (on Hard. The difference between Easy and Normal is just the energy used).

The thing to remember about reviews is that they're subjective. When taking them into consideration, I think it's better to focus on the actual review content than on the score. In any case, I never played Advance Wars, but JR is a bit like Patapon. I'm in the second of apparently three areas, and there are only two 4-beat commands. It's entirely touch-controlled, and you hold the Vita vertically, which gets uncomfortable if you play for a while. You can get at least a silver medal on levels pretty easily, but getting gold requires perfection. It's not boring, but like Patapon, it's a little slow-paced.

Flying_Pig and Jaywalkers like this.
  21. murbs

murbs New Member

Promising myself I must finish more games this year. I'm back on Rayman Legends at the moment - quite possibly one of the finest 2D platformers I've *ever* played. Origins was fantastic - so I can't believe how much better this one is.

Stuck on the last Titan Attacks boss. No matter how prepared I think I am, my shields get hammered in no time.

22. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Not sure why, but just could never get into Rayman. I tried out a couple of those games all the way from back on the GameBoy Advance. Maybe I was spoilt by Super Mario or something...

As for Titan Attacks, that's a great game. I wasn't aware that was on the Vita! I have it on Steam and play it every now and then on my laptop.

23. MikeRox

Heh, I'm saving Rayman Legends as a treat. It's going to be one of the slowest to age on Vita and it's nice to know I've got an awesome unplayed Vita experience waiting still.

24. MikeRox

GBA releases were poor.

The original Rayman was an interesting 2D platformer, but ultimately never in the same league as the 2D Marios etc. It was when they went 3D with Rayman 2 that the franchise really found its legs (can you say that about Rayman?)...

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend giving Origins a spin. It's a Nintendo quality 2D platformer and plays nothing like the older 2D Rayman games did despite what is implied by it's name. The brief bit of Legends I played was even better again. Could be 2 absolute gems waiting for you here :)

25. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Ah, that would probably explain it. All the Rayman games I played were 2D ones (not sure how many there were?), never got around to trying any of the 3D ones. Got plenty in my current backlog before I can even consider playing one of those!