Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

OlliOlli (Terraria's now on hold) - I'm terrible at it, but it's brilliant.

Kyle likes this.
  2. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Getting back into the swing of 'Shinobido 2', one of my fav games for the Vita. I've just ordered the original for the PS2 also.

Still playing through 'Touch My Katamari', along with the odd game of 'Worms Revolution Extreme' and 'Pure Chess'.

3. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

I'm having a blast with Knytt Underground

I had a bad impression when I first tried it when I got the console, then I gave it a second chance some days ago and now it's dramatically reducing the chances of getting a decent mark at the next exam, shieeeeet

4. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I played it on the Vita but it didn't really grab me, although I played through the first two 'worlds'. I didn't get the story at all and the platforming also felt strange.

I've been going through the Jak and Daxter collection and I platinumed the second game a couple of days ago. It was fun, although not really what I initially expected. I didn't care for the driving and racing and I also think there was too much shooting for a platformer game. I've started Jak 3 and so far it feels a bit better with a better balance between the different mechanics, i.e. more platforming :)

5. NiccalsNefarious

First two chapters are the prologue. Yes, it's weird, but they did two very short chapters which prepare the player to the main game that is Chapter 3.

The best thing is that, in Chapter 3, you can switch freely between the two charachters (Sol and the ball) and as a result there are some levels that show very good platforming goodness.
    As a post-SOTN Castlevania fan, I loved the huge world map. I'm going through rooms after rooms.

It's a very underrated game, almost no one talked about it. I do not blame people who gave up on it - as I said, I did it too - but I suggest to anyone who got it as a freebie to give it another, deeper shot.

6. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I did get to the point where I could switch between the two but it still felt strange. I did get it as a freebie so maybe I will come back to it as a lighter title after I finish Jak 3 :)

7. PixelKnot

PixelKnot Well-Known Member

Played a little of Limbo yesterday.

Back to P4G.

Kyle likes this.
  8. Chaz3010

Chaz3010 Former Deputy Editor Staff Member

PSN ID:
    Chaz3010
    At the minute I'm juggling Rayman Legends and OlliOlli, both fantastic games and both mean my PS4 and PS3 are both gathering dust while I try and beat them both!

9. akhi216

akhi216 Well-Known Member

Killzone Mercenary, Toukiden Demo, Dragonball Z The Battle of Z Demo (this game is perfect for a handheld).

10. NiccalsNefarious

Almost completed Knytt. By "almost", I mean that I still miss 1 secret item to place, 4 bells, the hard challenges, the mini-chapters, 4-5 rooms and 3 places hard to reach.
    This game is fucking huge and addicting

11. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    I will be playing the hell out of the toukiden demo when it comes out to Europe, but until then I will be trying to get the platinum on terraria, wipeout and everybody's golf.

12. Brian Sharon

Brian Sharon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SS Brian. We're on the same boat!

PixelKnot likes this.
  13. NiccalsNefarious

And I'm done with Knytt. Great little gem. I think I'll put Vita to rest for a while, now I need to be fully committed to the study for a month... :S

14. PSVR

PSVR New Member

Dragon's Crown interspersed with bouts of Olliolli until it annoys me too much

15. Kevling

Kevling Member

Switching between Persona 4 and Olli Olli at the moment. Although if I'm honest, P4g isn't getting much of a look-in.

16. Flying_Pig

Back playing Terraria - finding the Hardmore bosses, well, hard :(

17. madViTaman

madViTaman New Member

im playing MGS 3 HD and its the best game i have played in years. Just the intro is epic i had to replay it 5 times,reminds me of a James bond movie.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  18. 1dirtykid

1dirtykid Member

Sadly not much at the moment since finishing tearaway I tried to go back to hsg but I cant seem to beat any of the rounds im up to so I end up putting it down

19. clemyeats

clemyeats Member

PSN ID:
    clemyeats
    I've no discipline so I usually play many games at the same time and I rarely finish them.. but anyway, the game I'm playing the most at the moment is NFS Most Wanted. It's pixelated and nowhere near as detailed as on the PS3 but it's a lot of fun! Fast cars, open-world in the Vita... I love it :)

20. akhi216

akhi216 Well-Known Member

Dragonball Z The Battle of Z, Killzone Mercenary, Toukiden Age of Demons Demo, Unit 13, Injustice Gods Among Us, and Hustle Kings.

21. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I'm totally sucked into Terraria. Then P4G and killzone are in my vita rotation at the moment. Ps3 it's Bioshock infinite, 360 black ops 2

22. Flying_Pig

Me too, although I can't seem to beat the Destroyer, so my stop playing for a while - at least until the 1.2 update is live...

Darkknezz likes this.
  23. kborom

kborom Member

Final Fantasy IX, trying to get it completed before FF X appears in March.

However, I have pre-ordered Toukiden so will have that in a couple of weeks as well, and have also got Dungeon Alliance and Soul Sacrifice on the go although not with much conviction!

24. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Just picked up Dragon's Crown and Resistance: Burning Skies yesterday and started to play Resistance. Despite the hate it gets from others, I'm in the second Mission and it's a lot of fun. Having a blast with it, so far. I forgot how much I like Resistance games.

Only thing I don't like is how Nihilistic doesn't allow screenshots in this game or Black Ops Declassified. That sucks for anyone wanting to take their own screenshots for reviews.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  25. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    I'm attempting the plat for Tearaway, so right now I'm working on the "make it through the level without dying" ones. Grrr. I hate making it 95% through and then screwing up a stupid little jump and falling to my death. But I will get there. Patience will see me through.