Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. JhoCarneiro

JhoCarneiro Art Editor Staff Member

Thanks a lot for the help, shadowman! I started the new game+ and I'm using your tips and quiting every time I die. I killed King, Specter and Treasure Knights until now. But I'm finding it VERY difficult. Would you recommend me to try the non dying run on a new game entirely? Because on NG+ all the health items seems to be replaced to bombs >.<

2. Oxygen1777

Oxygen1777 Member

PSN ID:
    Oxygen1777
    Dont Starve :)

Jabyar likes this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I recommend starting a new game, you'll take half as much damage and have more health (which is really handy). Save up the money at the beginning to get meal tickets to increase your health, then just buy what you think you need.

4. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I've been playing a bit of MonsterBag over the weekend. The design aesthetic and sound is all brilliant, but the gameplay itself is pretty frustrating. Sometimes it's not clear exactly what you need to do to complete a level, so it often comes down to trial and error.

Still, it's a short game, so I should finish it tonight.

5. Flying_Pig

Finished MonsterBag (it's not great) and returned to Titan Souls - beating The Soul on about my 10th attempt!! \o/ Thank you to those who gave me some tips :D

I've now gone back into the game to pick off the Titans I missed - already killed the mask one, so I think maybe 2 to go :)

6. shadowman

Nice going, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the final hidden boss, I thought he was less annoying in comparison to the soul.

Bosses wise, have you beaten the hidden boss down by the mask who doesn't actually attack you, just talks instead?

7. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

Firefly Diary is so easy to ragequit it's not even funny.
    Just started KZ:M during my vacations too. So pretty. Still getting used to it not being Borderlands and struggling to spend my money on new guns because reasons.

8. ImperatorA3

ImperatorA3 Member

Started playing Murasaki Baby. Not only are the touch controls terrible, the game glitched on me and in the middle decided to stop giving me trophies.
    Now I have to restart :(

9. Flying_Pig

Beat him today, along with the spiky plant one. I need to find 2 or 3 more to open up the final, final boss.

I had a quick go with Race The Sun today. It's OK, I mean it's fine to play in short bursts, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it :)

10. shadowman

Not sure if you noticed but on the checkpoints there will be small skull icons pointing in one of four directions. White highlighted skulls mean you've beaten the boss and a black skull means there is still a boss to fight in that area, roughly in the direction the skull is pointing. Its a neat little mechanic that helped me work out which bosses I was short.

11. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Playing The Unfinished Swan and jumping back in (both feet) to Hot Shots Golf. :)

12. Flying_Pig

Yes - I'd spotted that - there was an area I hadn't found (towards the bottom of the second section), but I've found it now and am battling a Knight Titan which fires arrows at you. I think it's just him and one other Titan (in the same area) I need to beat, and then it's on to the final one :)

13. shadowman

Ah the Knight titan is a pain, one of the harder ones, good luck on that one! The other boss is really easy though, so you'll probably take him out real quick.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  14. Flying_Pig

Beat the Knight and Treasure Chest on Friday evening, and the Truth this morning \o/

I'll grab a few of the easier Titan-specific trophies and then move on to Jak II

15. Barcellona

Barcellona Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    bskolz1983
    I like the game (and paid for it), but I don't get why it has to have so long loading times... I heard Unity based games generally have a problem to shorten loading times

16. maouvin

maouvin Active Member

Started Demon Gaze. I now have 4 RPGs started, and hope to finish at least three of them before Disgaea 5 and Persona 5 come out ~_~

17. shadowman

I got Race the Sun when it was on sale a while back. Honestly, its average at best. I played it for about 20 minutes then got bored. Its your standard endless runner stuff - Play a while, reach a newish looking area, complete a couple of missions and repeat. Unfortunately it doesn't really do it well so it gets boring quickly (even Run, Sackboy Run was more fun than that). I may go back to it one day...

I'm also playing Mortal Kombat 9, which is awesome. Playing around with Reptile who I like, I've always liked the "mystery" of the character from the first game and getting to use him in the second game but this is the first time I really put time into completing arcade mode with him. His redesign is good as well, miles better than his terrible post MK3 redesigns he got that's for sure.

18. HomelyBird

HomelyBird Member

Currently playing the original Metal Gear Solid. Hard to believe it came out nearly 17 years ago...

ReDiR and ImperatorA3 like this.
  19. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

A bit of Hotline Miami & a bit of Thomas Was Alone.

ReDiR likes this.
  20. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried out Broken Age on Vita yet?

[​IMG]

21. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    Working on Helldivers still, that game is epic. I'm also getting into tales of heart r and virtua tennis

22. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

Reeled back into Disney Infinitey 2.0, got to start the Toy Box mode introductory/ tutorial and it is more in depth than I though. Hoping to see if it's worth the time invested collecting toys/pieces and making levels for people to play, my only gripe still is that framerate. I love map editors so I can see this in rotation for a long time for me. :)

23. Flying_Pig

I've started playing Jak II (from the J&D Trilogy) and it's unfortunately pretty bad. I'm not talking about the fact it's been ported to the Vita - the core underlying game is a bit of a shocker.

Naughty Dog have gone for an open-world GTA-style hub where you can hijack hover cars to travel around, and engage with the 'Police', but it just doesn't work. The vehicles and slow and cumbersome and you usually end up crashing into stuff, so it's just easier to walk around.

The difficulty on some of the missions (I'm really early in the game) is way too tough - and with no checkpoints in missions (that I've played) dying towards the end of a 15 minute mission sends you back to the beginning again. I know it's a ~10 year old game, but how ND went from the brilliant Jak & Daxter to this is beyond me.

Pata likes this.
  24. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jak II is awful. If you think about it, it's quite shocking how they went from doing a 3D platformer masterpiece to a GTA-esque game that, contrary to what press used to think about it when it originally released, it is awful.

The city as a hub just doesn't work, missions drag for too long, few checkpoints, races are too simple, driving cars is more an annoyance than anything else, characters and story are unlikeable. That, and the fact that the game derails too much from the first entry makes me feel even more depressed

Unfortunately Jak 3 is similar in the game style, but fortunately, the game is more polished.

Now going on-topic, I'm not really playing anything concrete on Vita, but from time to time I try a few levels in Pixeljunk Monsters.

25. HomelyBird

HomelyBird Member

But it's funnier...

I hear you on the checkpoints though. When I was a kid they used to make me throw my controller across the room. But I still think Precursor Legacy is the worst of the three (relatively speaking)