Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. petch

petch New Member

I'm currently playing CollectOrb! It's quite tough but very enjoyable and features an amazing soundtrack. If anyone else is interested you can find it by going psm -> puzzle .

2. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Active Member

currently sitting down with FFX on my PSTV. Ah such a good RPG

ImperatorA3 likes this.
  3. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Really!? I've finished the Precursor Legacy twice (once on PS2 and once on Vita), and Jak 3 once (PS2) and am now enduring Jak 2.

Jak 2 is easily the worst, but I'd put PC above 3.

I agree with Pata - there's so much about Jak II that just doesn't work. I'll persevere (I think) and then play Jak 3 to complete the Trilogy. At least I know that the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy is more consistent in its quality :)

4. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

Does the Jak Collection have any code vouchers as part of the trilogy, I'm looking to add this soon to my collection but wasn't sure if I should go new or used?

5. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Pinging between Killzone Mercenary and Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z at the moment.

Loving Killzone, great graphics. Very tempted to get the PSTV literally just to play that and Final Fantasy X!

Not sure about Battle of Z, posted my problem in the office game thread for some advice. Mainly with the fighting mechanics/gameplay.

6. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

Jak II's core game is good. They've messed up the city on many levels, especially traversal which was fucking bad, but "dungeons" were great.

As for what I'm playing right now on Vita...well I rushed through Race the sun in the span of a day, very good game, quite addictive, I've yet to see its third mode. Other than that - and some quick Cel Damage battles - I haven't played anything on Vita in the last two months. I've chose to give some use to my PS3. Meanwhile, I've added like 10 new games to my Vita backlog between PS+ and sales...

You should be fine with an used copy :)

HomelyBird likes this.
  7. Lucas226

Lucas226 Member

Just bought Soul Sacrifice Delta from the flash sale so playing that right now, also bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite so gonna try that in a bit as well, alongside that im also playing God of War, Grim Fandango and Project Root so im pretty much covered for a while lol

ReDiR likes this.
  8. HomelyBird

HomelyBird Member

Does Freedom Unite still have online or no?

9. Lucas226

Lucas226 Member

Haven't started it up just yet but for what I've read i don't think so

10. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Monster Hunter 4 was the first handheld MH with online functionalities. MHFU only had AdHoc. It's a huge game either way and it and Soul Sacrifice could potentially last you a year if you want to do everything.

I tried some Hohokum today and I found it strange.

11. Lucas226

Lucas226 Member

Thanks for the clarification, damn a whole year o.o lol yeah I tried hohokum as well and felt the same way, I'll definitely give it another chance tho

12. HomelyBird

HomelyBird Member

Sorry for that, i was getting confuzzled. I used to have portable 2nd till i lost it. Don't suppose portable 3rd will ever hit western shores?

13. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

I've started playing The Unfinished Swan, what a technically impressive game! Though I hadn't realised you could shoot the letter, so now I'm going to have to start from the beginning haha!

14. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...took my vita with me while i was on vacation in denmark with my family...played some Danganronpa and M.U.D.!!!...and I purchased MotoGP 14 and Monster Monpiece from the 20 Euro PSN Gift-Code Tyler sent me cuz I won his Youtube - Contest for Europe!!!...:)

Flying_Pig likes this.
  15. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm mixing my time between the brilliant (but quite hard) Ultratron and the generally terrible Jak II. According to the game I'm not even half way through yet, but I'm hoping that includes all of the optional challenges which I have no intention of completing...

That said, I've only won 14 of the 34 story-related trophies, so I've still got quite some way to go... :(

16. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...yeah, MUD is pretty much fun, but hard as balls imo on some stages...if you do not land the scrubs prefectly, it can cause you some more grey hairs...;)

17. IronFistfan

IronFistfan Member

Just started to play Oreshika as my asian/english version arrived yesterday.

18. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just finished Thomas Was Alone. Superb game indeed.

MrLava and ReDiR like this.
  19. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Got back to Little Big Planet Vita. Finished off story mode which was solid, had some really clever levels at the end of the game. I've got 3 left to ace before getting the gold "ace" trophy. Also played some community levels, it never ceases to amaze me just how talented some people are with this game...
    The touch based arcade games can sod off though, bloody boring to 100%, can't see me bothering to 100% all of them for one trophy!

20. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Been playing through some more of Akiba's Trip, going back for the other characters' endings.

21. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    Working on Gundam breaker 2 and soul sacrifice delta with some Helldivers sprinkled in between

22. mvrizu

mvrizu Member

I just bought Muramasa Rebirth and I'm enjoying it so far. The 2D art style reminds me of games like Rayman Origins and Child of Light, although I think Muramasa looks better in terms of the art, probably the most beautiful game like this on the Vita (especially with the OLED screen).

Side Note: Are there more games with a similar art style to these (Child of Light, Muramasa...) on the Vita?

23. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished all the Little Big Planet levels without dying (damn the physics, this game was not made to be fun one life'ing the game). Opened up my "Marvel" edition of LBP which is just LBP with the Marvel DLC on the cart, which is good as it keeps my existing trophies and save file. Now the bad news...
    The Marvel DLC is the most unimaginative DLC I've ever played. Its bloody awful, its a bunch of crappy third rate games that wouldn't be to out of place on an iPhone (heck, one game is a really rubbish rip off of Jetpack Joyride, except its devoid any of the fun). Hard to believe they took the Marvel license and made this, its truly the worst Marvel "game" I've ever played, and I've played almost all of them throughout the years...

Give Dragon's Crown a look. Slightly different art style (and one that divides opinion with the female character designs) but I love the art style, its a 2D brawler like the brilliant Capcom DnD games back in the 90's.

Guacamelee is another to play. Its a fantastic game in its own right, and has an excellent 2D art style that just "pops" on the Vita.

Also give the following a look as I love the 2D/stylish graphical styles on each:Jet Set Radio, Fez, Broken Sword 5, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Blaz Blue,

24. ImperatorA3

ImperatorA3 Member

Started playing Resogun, not liking the difficulty spike in the last level. :mad:

25. MrLava

MrLava Member

I also picked use mud!! Very enjoyable game . Only played a few events but Well worth £3.5 0.