Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finished Teslagrad last night. Got pretty tricky by the end, but a decent enough game :)

Maybe Bastion or Nuclear Throne next.

Darkknezz likes this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

LiittleBigPlanet: Marvel Super Heroes

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Good to hear, I'll start that once I'm done with Bastion then. Speaking of which, I think I'm near the end, but the game has a habbit of making it sound like its the end of the game only to add a new plot twist for the heck of it! Its really good though so I'm not complaining. I've got the Game Plus stuff to do next once the game game is complete.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  4. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

LEGO Harry Potter.

5. ADL

ADL Well-Known Member

Silent Hill : Book of Memories. It seems te be far better than expected when I saw the web reviews...

Magnum0ik likes this.
  6. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

MineCraft :)

Flying_Pig likes this.
  7. shadowman

Yet more Bastion. Completed the game and now working on Game Plus mode to get the second ending. Also managed to unlock/upgrade everything and am working on the 10 shrine runs for the memories. Bastard hard so far but I've done two of the four so I might be able to do this... Pity memory 4 is so bloody long!

Darkknezz likes this.
  8. shadowman

Ok, worked through another game today, Whispering Willows. A game that could have been good, but it has a number of issues that kind of ruined the game for me:

Its a very light puzzle game, you explore areas and pick up items and then use said items to solve puzzles. You can turn into a spirit form of yourself to talk to ghosts as well as manipulate other objects to solve puzzles.

It starts with a interesting story as well, if a tad cliche. The notes you find littered around the mansion grounds fill in the backstory and it pulled me in.

Unfortunately the puzzles are too simple, they never really get going, unlike say Broken Sword 5, which did a brilliant job of upping the puzzle difficulty as you go.

Also, the game has terrible load times - when you transition to any other room/area the game decides it needs to save your progress... ever damn room... and there are many rooms which have 0 point to them only for you to move onto another room... It makes things fairly damn annoying late in the game, if you ever need to backtrack you'll soon feel the tedium build up.

Also, the story has an absolutely moronic twist at the end of the story, can't believe they ruined the backstory so completely in one swift sequence.

If you want a game like this that has much better puzzles, and a far better story, just buy Ghost Trick on the DS. Its a similar concept except its executed far better, with a brilliant story to boot.

Now to finish plat'ing Bastion and then start a couple other games on my shelf.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  9. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

Freedom Wars

Darkknezz likes this.
  10. Kalvort

Kalvort Member

Just got my Vita today, and started with some Geometry Wars 3. Good game so far! Loving the pick up and play factor

Darkknezz, borahyah, Pata and 2 others like this.
  11. SasukeTheRipper

You should try out Super Stardust Delta ;)

ImperatorA3 likes this.
  12. Hikami

Hikami Member

Said I wouldn't play Trails of Cold Steel til I finished Trails in the Sky SC.. but I started it anyways, just played up to when the opening plays and stopped there. Back to the SC grind now.

Darkknezz and Flying_Pig like this.
  13. ImperatorA3

ImperatorA3 Member

Started playing Superfrog, quite fun

14. borahyah

borahyah Member

It's a little late, but Child of Light! The graphics and environment are so beautiful.
    I couldn't resist and bought the complete edition since I have never played.
    The turn based combat refreshes old tactics with new details and I am surprised how much I enjoy it.
    Simple crafting, treasure hunting, and puzzles make this title perfect for casual gaming.

I am also playing Soul Sacrifice Delta which is awesome, I love the new raiments and additions like the marketplace.
    Still a little confused about how rumors work? I like the fast pace of this game and it reminds me of Bloodborne a little.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Darkknezz likes this.
  15. Flying_Pig

I'm back at work, so I'm back into Trails in the Sky SC (with a bit of Nuclear Throne on the side). Currently playing through Chapter 5 now and really enjoying it.

Darkknezz likes this.
  16. Blaze8937

Blaze8937 Member

Lately been playing some disney infinity 2.0 and trying to finish the game and been trying to plat hatsune miku...such a grind.

17. shadowman

Still working through Bastion. Now working on scoring 1 million points on score mode. Kind of annoyed that I have to re purchase and level up all my gear, that's a grind I could have done with out. At least I know from my previous playthroughs which weapons are best though so I'll simply level those up exclusively, annoyingly those weapons appear right at the end of the game...

Also gave Pixel Hunter a shot. Its a 2D platformer that uses Voxel graphics (like Resogun) and to be fair, it looks rather nice, you get a really nice depth to the 2.5D graphics and the game is really smooth to play. Problems - the enemies are all ultra generic and no fun to fight, and the controls are less than stellar. So its kind of a bland chore to play. Some of the jumps require NES levels of pixel perfect jumping which isn't as fun as it sounds, especially on the cliche ice level.
    My advice is to skip the game, even though its cheap. Its a platformer that would have been bland in the 80's/90's. Since the Vita has stuff like Rayman Legends, Super Meat Boy and Shovel Knight to suit my platforming needs there's no need to pick this one up. Unless of course the game does a Giana Sisters and gets really good in its final levels.

18. SasukeTheRipper

Started with "Sword Art Online: Lost Song" last night.

Kirito likes this.
  19. shadowman

New year, time to make a start on my ever increasing Vita backlog... Todays game was simply the one at the top of my unsorted new games pile - Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz. Its by the same studio that did Muppets Movie Adventures, probably the worst game I played on the Vita, so that set the tone for me going into the game.

Thankfully its actually far better than Muppets. Its a competent 3D twin stick shooter/platformer. It looks nice if somewhat simple, the use of Cel Shaded graphics definitely makes it look fairly close to the cartoon thanks to the OLED screen on the Vita, the controls are functional but I do miss camera control (right stick is used for aiming). Gameplay is fast paced, but interrupted a little too often with cut scenes, and it runs smoothly so far. Its not going to blow me away, but its a decent game at least (so far) and one that I'll get some enjoyment out of. Its fairly easy going so far, clearly aimed at a younger audience.

Oh, I also completed Pixel Hunter, its not that good. It didn't get any better, just more frustrating. Its not technically a really hard game, but some jumps were damn annoying as were 1 hit kill enemies introduced later in the game. Its dead short though, and less than £5 so some people might enjoy it? I can't recommend it though, outside of the visuals its nothing special what so ever.

VINNIE GANESH and Kirito like this.
  20. Kirito

Kirito Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Krolonze
    Anyone playing EDF2?
    My PSN ID-
    Krolonze

Add me for multiplayer

Darkknezz likes this.
  21. shadowman

Phineas and Ferb is now complete. Its a short game that does not outstay its welcome. Fairly simple to play and not hard to 100% but I did enjoy the mix of platforming and action. It won't win any game of the year awards, but its a marked improvement from Muppets which is great news.

I've now moved onto one of the million Lego games on my backlog - Lego: The Movie. It seems to follow the Lego Marvel Super Heroes template of short levels with 10 challenges on each level to increase replayability. So far so good, as the gameplay is your usual standard Lego fare of using character specific traits to solve puzzles and find secrets, with plenty of stuff locked off on your first playthrough to further encourage replaying the levels in free play.

I personally like the short levels that this and Lego MSH had, its perfect for a handheld in my opinion to pick up and play a few levels/challenges in between doing other stuff. I know they are aiming to make Lego Avengers a more feature filled game, I'll be interested to see how that one turns out.

22. VINNIE GANESH

VINNIE GANESH Well-Known Member

Platinumed Freedom Wars. Onto Dragon Ball Z BOZ & Broken Age now.

Kirito and Darkknezz like this.
  23. Flying_Pig

Back to work, so I'm back to Trails in the Sky SC - I should be at the end of Chapter 5 now (or close to it), so nearing the final 3rd of the game. Easily my favourite JRPG of recent years - it's definitely the case that if you liked TitS FC, you'll enjoy SC too as it's pretty much a continuation of the same game :)

Kirito and Darkknezz like this.
  24. shadowman

Finished off the story mode of Lego: The Movie. Pity the game is missing tons of cutscenes as the story doesn't flow very well. Its a pity as it seems like a decent story. Gameplay wise its very fun. Not the most innovative game out there but I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

I'm now working on doing all the challenges for each level. Its fun to explore these small levels to find all the secrets, it'll probably take me most of my time doing these challenges. Nice replay value though! I'll probably finally move onto Grim Fandango and the other PS+ offerings next as I really need to finish those games off...

25. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

I really don't why, but, despite having a 30+ games backlog, I'm starting to pick old PS+ games I had decided not to play, to give them a second chance. In particular, I got Lone Survivor, Rogue Legacy and Big Sky Infinity back on my Vita.

Lone Survivor is not quite my genre, but I'm making my way through it, although slowly. It's not actually scary but it's very oppressing, especially if you play as intended (lights off and hearphones set at high volume).

Rogue Legacy and Big Sky Infinity on the other hand are both the kind of games I love, a metroidvania and an arcade 2d shooter. Rogue Legacy, though, has that whole roguelike formula which I don't always like. As for BSI, I don't actually remember what I didn't like about it.

I've spent an hour on Rogue Legacy without making much progresses if any. This isn't really encouraging me to go further...the whole "spend the money or else we'll take it" seems like a bad, unneeded way to artificially increase the longevity and the grinding.

Big Sky Infinity is easily the one I'm enjoying the most out of this bunch. It's very addictive and features a lot of modes and upgrades.

As for the actually backlogged games, I've finished both the Castlestorm DLC campaigns(and I went for the 100% on the second one) after clearing the base game back in August when Sony gave the game with PS+. It's amazing that they decided to give the full pack. The two extra campaigns combined have almost as much content as the base game.
    Now I'm getting through Gravity Crash Ultra campaign.