Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finally started Bastion! I've grabbed the first 2 cores and have built the arsenel and distillery so far. I'm really enjoying it, although the combat feels pretty tough - not as refined as Transistor - but it's a stunning looking game. I'm looking forward to playing more on my journey home tonight.

Jabyar likes this.
  2. MurloK14

MurloK14 Active Member

I've been playing Soul Sacrifice and Helldivers, and I'm cleaning some games from my long backlog list.

Jabyar likes this.
  3. leafstalker

leafstalker Active Member

Omega Labyrinth. I suck at rogue like games, and this being in Japanese means its the hardest game I ever played. The 'rewards' however are 'bountiful', and I doubt it will ever be translated.

4. MartyHall

MartyHall Member

Saturday Morning RPG and HELLDIVERS

Flying_Pig likes this.
  5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

After a brief time away from my Vita I'm back playing it (and boy have I missed it). I completed the Avengers 2 missions for Lego Avengers yesterday night. Seems that I've only just scratched the surface of the game content wise...
    Maybe I'll also finally get around to finishing the second half of Grim Fandango this year!

6. Flying_Pig

I've been playing a bit of Patchwork Heroes (love that game) and have resumed my playthrough of Dokuro. I'm not as far through as I thought I was - but I've reached the half way point now.

As much as I like the game, its far to frustrating to be really enjoyable, which is why I only play it in short bursts. Back to Bastion tomorrow :)

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd, extremely addicted to it :p

8. shadowman

Almost done on Lego Avengers now. Done all the open world stuff and I'm just tracking down the stuff I missed in levels. I'm surprised I'm having this much fun replaying the game, usually this is the point where things start to get a tad boring. I guess it helps that the levels are just right in terms of length so I never feel like the levels drag on. Plus the level challenges are much better than (for example) Lego the Movie, which were far more repetitive in their implementation.

9. FrankieDK

FrankieDK New Member

Haven't really played my vita in some time, but jumped on trails of vold steel and man am i glad i did. Really enjoying this game! Already exicted for part two!

10. shadowman

I was going to go back to Darius today, but I started Superbeat Xonic again... big mistake, now I'm back addicted to that game! On the bright side I've leveled up to Level 89 in the game and am at around 87,000 combo in freeplay mode so those trophies are almost done. The last few tracks I have for each difficulty are still kicking my as though... Not that I mind, I'm remembering why this was my Vita game of the year last year. Such goo gameplay mechanics and soundtrack.

11. SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy Well-Known Member

Currently playing Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havok. I'm homesick so it's a good game to play in bed and relax.

12. rbnoble06

rbnoble06 Active Member

Started playing through Uncharted: Golden Abyss, on chapter 4. Holds up really well on the Vita and feels pretty much just like a console Uncharted game.

Also having fun playing WRC 4 career mode.

13. Flying_Pig

After finishing Bastion I immediately restarted on NG+ and am enjoying it even more the second time around! It plays brilliantly on the Vita and it's a quality game!

14. Daffy

Daffy New Member

Persona 4 golden and zero escape virtues last reward, that is making my head hurt, (in a good way)

15. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

So I was playing Duke Nukem yesterday for a while & was enjoying it until...the game/my Vita crashed losing all my saved data & then I realised I had a crushing headache. Won't be returning anytime soon to that one. :(

16. shadowman

The game was very glitchy at launch. I saw some truly strange things happen on that game, and I only got 3 levels in before giving up. Pity, as it could have been a great port.

17. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I am trying to finish God of War II today. After that I might play some Killzone: Mercenary again.

18. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Playing Senran Kagura Bon Appetit (Dekomori in JP) :D

19. shadowman

Did you pick up the physical release? I was really pleased with that release as it included the DLC characters/trophies as well so I had twice the amount of content to play. Really addictive as well, even if a couple of those songs were really tough on hard mode.

20. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Since i rarely buy Digital Games its of corse the physical release. I got this for 15€ and as you say it includes the DLCs which is really awesome. And because i love rhythm games i needed to play this game :D
    Think my next Rhythm game will be Taiko Drum Master or Superbeat Xonic :)

21. shadowman

I can vouch for Superbeat. That's the music game I'm playing at the moment and I'm loving it. Though you can't go wrong with Taiko either. I love that the Vita has become the hub of music/rhythm games this gen, I've got a nice little collection of them now :)

22. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Nice game, I got it digital for €5 a while ago.

23. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Wipeout. This is a game that I think no matter how many hours I put into it, I'm never going to succeed. It looks, sounds & plays very nicely but I just cannot get the hang of it. Must be my 43 year old brain being too slow...

24. shadowman

It took me ages to get Wipeout down... I played it since 2097 on the PS1 and never got the hang of it until Wipeout HD a couple of decades later! I do love the Vita Wipeout game though since you can import the HD campaign into it to make the Vita game twice as large!

25. Flying_Pig

I'm nearing the end of Bastion on NG+ (one level left) and although I was hoping to get the platinum trophy, beating the Who Knows Where levels with 10 idols invokes just seems to be beyond my gaming abilities. Still, it's a great game and I've really enjoyed both playthroughs :)

I think I'll play Saturday Morning RPG next