Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. AtheistSpaz

AtheistSpaz Active Member

Beat Akiba's Trip. Will start a new game + file tomorrow.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm really getting addicted to Odin Sphere. I've cleared Gwen's story which was really fun, now I've started the second story (3 chapters in). I'm liking the slightly different fighting style and special moves, hopefully the game will start throwing different enemies at me now that I've reached Titania.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  3. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

I got that trophy by some really dumb luck but we could set something up just quote this post to add your name to the list, I'll just add everyone who said they wanted to help on the list so far.
    1.Digit
    2.Vita_Girl
    3.Cygoku
    4.Alexander_Aran
    5.Comeoutpunching
    6.shadowman
    7.FearlessSasuke

4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Playing Odin Sphere through at the moment, great fun.

I'm also playing through Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (whenever i need a break from Odin).

5. shadowman

2 stories down on Odin Sphere, now onto Mercedes story. I'm liking it so far, I wondered how they'd handle the gameplay in her chapter and I think its a nice shift. Seems to work well and breaks up the hack and slash combat from the last two stories. Always nice to play a game like this - where I just can't put the game down!

6. Dinoegg_96

Dinoegg_96 Well-Known Member

Just finished The Walking Dead Season Two. I'm looking forward to see what happens in season three, but kinda sad because we probably won't get it on Vita.

Now to play Zero Time Dilemma.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  7. Yanislav

Yanislav Active Member

I am playing "Bastion" on the Vita these days. I think I might go for the Platinum, I like the game that much! I'd love to see a physical release though... ;)

TheCyclingWolf, Jabyar and DojoDan like this.
  8. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I finished vvvvv today. Took about 3 hours and 1200 deaths lol. Still got a few areas to discover. Did manage to get that bloody difficult trinket (area named Doing things the hard way?). That took 200 deaths. Really enjoyed the game. Don't think it did my blood pressure any good mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. shadowman

VVVVVV - Veni Vidi Vici is a real toughie to do. Especially as once you get down there, you have to climb your way back out of the pit! I managed to do the trophies for clearing the game within 50? deaths, that one took a while and went down to the wire. Can't clear the time trials though with the top ranks, that's just outside of my skill level. Brilliant game though.

10. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I think finishing the game within 50 deaths is outside my skill level lol. It would be a lot easier now I've got the hang of it and I know what to. I'm supposed to be concentrating on the summer challenge but I've just started Ratchet and Clank 1. It looks great on the Vita screen, and plays well too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

11. shadowman

Well the best way is to abuse PS+ cloud saving, that got me through it! Technically cheating but you still need just about enough skill to make it to each save point with as few deaths as possible!

12. TheCyclingWolf

TheCyclingWolf Member

Nova-111, Muramasa rebirth, and I keep popping in and out of P4G and Freedom Wars because they are just that damn much fun.

shadowman likes this.
  13. shadowman

Half way through the third story on Odin Sphere now. The fact its more of a shoot em up game at the moment rather than a hack and slash game is a nice change of pace. As usual the story crossover between other characters is a nice touch to see how each character indirectly affects other stories.

14. shadowman

Finished off Mercedes' story in Odin Sphere. Loved it, but I'm a bit confused by why they only did scrolling shoot em up mid boss stages on the last two chapters, they should have done it far sooner, heck they have enough dragons to have done a couple of boss battles in the same vein as well. It was a nice change of pace to combat so I'd have welcomed a couple more of those types of fights.

I've also got back to Ray Gigant. Defeated another huge boss (love the presentation when you fight these) and am currently exploring a huge dungeon in the next chapter. As before, its fairly simple but as I'm still new to the genre simplicity is welcome at this point!

15. Yanislav

Yanislav Active Member

I am after the Platinum of F1 2011. I am like 3 trophies shy of the ultimate goal. ;)

[​IMG]

16. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    I'm coming up on the end of Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, I've enjoyed it alot more then I thought I would.

17. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Criminal Girls Invite Only :eek:

loving it!

18. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Just beat the 3rd (or is it 4th?) dungeon on P4G - I'm about 30 hours in.

Lots of fun, but I might take a break and play something else for a week...

19. shadowman

Its a fun game hurt by the worst map I've ever seen in a game. I had real issues when it came to working out how to get to certain parts of areas as the map made no sense. Pity, as otherwise I really enjoyed the game (it just made hunting for secrets a bit annoying).

I've been playing more Ray Gigant this week. I've made some decent progress, I'm up to chapter 8/9 at the moment and the story is starting to get better (the characters are still rather annoying, but the overall story is at least interesting). Thankfully the gameplay and enemy design makes up for narrative shortcomings, as its still very fun to actually play.

20. Vitameister

Vitameister Well-Known Member

I'm like halfway into htol#niq and I have to give up. The controls are just way too frustrating for me to have fun. Both the touch and the analog controls, neither feels right and is ruining the fun.

21. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I've heard that about HotL#niq a few times. It looks like a lovely games, but gripes about the controls stopped me buying it

22. shadowman

More Ray Gigant, making great progress now, might actually finish it faster than first expected. Only problem I've encountered is that the newest set of characters I'm using are very weak defensively, like in a couple of instances they'll die in 1 hit! I've been grinding a bit to level them up more but that's not completely solved the issue. Its weird as I've not had any problems in the past 10 or so chapters, its just a annoying difficulty spike to give you underleveled characters at the start of a new story... Still, with a bit of patience I've made it through two more chapters (including another great boss battle, that actually didn't cause any issues) so I might be turning a corner...

23. Detective Kaito

Detective Kaito Active Member

Just recently got Soul Sacrifice Delta, Digimon Story, Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls, and Akiba's Trip on PSN and I'm currently playing those games.

All thanks to the "big in japan" sale that ended a few days ago.

24. shadowman

More Ray Gigant. I think I've got my team leveled nicely now, maybe a little too powerful! Still, better to be safe than sorry at this stage! Did a really big dungeon today that took over an hour just to reach the boss (by far the most complex dungeon so far). That said, it did give me ample opportunities to level my characters up.

Also started a game called Type:Rider. Its a 2D platformer where you play as two conjoined dots, its got a alphabet theme going on as all the levels and collectables are based on the alphabet. Seems pretty fun so far.

25. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Just started Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1. Gameplay is so-so but inbetween banter is priceless. So much better than that abysmal travesty of an anime.