Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished Type:Rider already. Its a short game, not that its a bad thing, its a fun little blast while it lasts. Its an interesting concept - each level takes you through a time period where the written word "evolved". The first couple of levels felt merely ok, but after level 3 or so things got better with some cool little additions to levels. The final (secret) level is a funny little level that quickly irritates, but I get the idea that was what the devs were aiming for. The actual final level is a really cool level since it focuses on programming language, pixel/computer based concepts including a few obvious videogame homages.

The one thing that lets the game down is the control - the "character" feels very floaty and quite imprecise at times, making some levels rather frustrating to clear. The secret level especially suffers due to this. Still, its a cool little game with an interesting concept.

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Playing Uncharted Golden Abyss and Tetris Ultimate for a little switch but at the same time I play Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson and Monster Hunter Generations on my 3DS.

Multitasking FTW :p

3. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm gonna take a break from P4G this week and play Steamworld Heist instead.

4. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    While going back to do the two more playthroughs needed in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. I've also started Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified.

5. NotMakey

NotMakey Active Member

Currently playing through Persona 4: DAN, it's alright so far, not the best rhythm game by far, but the music is great. Story is very repetitive.

6. Flying_Pig

Steamworld Heist is great fun - kinda a turn-based tactical combat thing. I was really struggling at the beginning, but taking the difficulty down a notch helped and made the game much more enjoyable.

7. shadowman

Almost done with Ray Gigant now. I can't have more than two chapters left, if that. I should hopefully be on target to get the platinum trophy in this game as well which is a nice added bonus. The boss rush at the end of the chapter I just completed was a close one, as I accidentally lost my healer in the second battle, so I had to do the final of the three fights with only one character who could barely heal himself. I still managed to just triumph though. Its a good game, with an interesting story but unfortunately I'm still not all that won over by many of the main characters, some of the support characters are ok, but it seems improbable that a bunch of jerks and clueless fools would be able to save the world from anything. Kinda feels like anime trope central at times.

*edit* Bah, this latest set of levels is just taking the piss maze wise. I love the combat, but navigating these mazes are getting more annoying the higher I climb in the tower! Hopefully there isn't much more to go, as much as I'm enjoying the game I'd rather this game finish sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  8. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    I need to stop playing TDM online in CoD Black Ops Declassified and start the campaign lol

9. shadowman

Don't worry, you could probably blast your way through the campaign in one afternoon, its really short but pretty fun on the lower difficulties (harder difficulties + no checkpoints made me give up the Veteran trophy run).

Anyway, I'm back to playing Odin Sphere now. I'm a couple of chapters into Oswalds story, he's an interesting character gameplay wise as his normal attacks feel pretty stiff, but the berserk mode you get makes up for that as he gets insanely powerful. His spells/special attacks are great though, really complements his normal attacks.

10. Jabyar

Jabyar Well-Known Member

How is it going??? :D Long time without playing Vita! (Dota 2 (?))

I bougth A boy and his blob on the last sale. I played around 2 hours I think, what a boring game :( I think I'm not the target, would recommend it only for little kids, did anyone play it??? What do you think?

11. shadowman

I've played the Wii version (which its based on) and the NES original. I like it, its a slower paced platformer for the most part, unless you do the optional levels where the difficulty and pace ramps up. Only thing I don't like about it is the bosses, it doesn't fit with the rest of the game. I'd have rather they not include them. I really need to get around to getting the Vita version.

Jabyar likes this.
  12. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Member

I'm really enjoying Adventures of Mana so far. It has some issues but the graphics are nice and the soundtrack is great.

13. Flying_Pig

I'm about half way through Steamworld Heist and am really enjoying it. The varity of team members and the new weapons you get keep the whole thing fresh an interesting. I think I'll grab the DLC as soon as I'm done with the main storyline :)

14. shadowman

Completed Odin Sphere. I'm now just grabbing the last couple of trophies I missed in my initial playthrough for the platinum. Absolutely excellent game, its one of my favourite games for the platform (and if you enjoyed Muramasa I really do recommend this game). Its got a decent story and characters with excellent combat and some awesome bosses to fight. Definitely one of my top games for the platform.

15. sirgooey

sirgooey Member

terraria,unit 13, abit of slycooper,rouge legacy and hitman go

16. shadowman

Now that I've done everything there is to do on Odin Sphere I've moved onto Time Travellers. Its kind of a visual novel game I guess? But the game features fully animated characters, rather than still pictures so maybe "interactive adventure" would be a better way to describe it? I'm still early into the story so I'm not quite sure what's going on (in terms of actual time travelling) but so far the game basically has introduced a couple of characters and so far has you choosing certain options from a menu and different scenes play out depending on your choice - certain choices end the game in rather entertaining ways (arrested for being a pervert, shot to death after shooting a fellow detective etc.) Thankfully the game lets you travel back through time to the point where you made your decision - so you can then just choose a different option. Its a cool gimmick and one I'll sure to be using loads to see all the alternative scenes - so far I'm really impressed with the story and the different choices you get to make. Its a real pity that its Japan only (with no English option) as it'd have been an excellent addition to the Vita (and 3DS) library.

17. shadowman

Also, to contrast the interactive adventure that is Time Travellers I've also opened my first Limited Run Game - Oddworld New and Tasty. First the bad news - the glitches... I've encountered a few pretty bad ones and I'm fairly early on in the game? Right at the beginning where you go up/down the elevator I've twice crashed the game by spawning UNDER the elevator and Abe wouldn't respawn... Also, 1 part with a Elum Abe wouldn't respawn at all so I had to manually force the game to respawn Abe. Not the greatest first impression. Oh, and as a preventitive measure I'm also backing up my save to the cloud regularly just in case (some one on here had problems with their save corrupting I believe).
    However the good news - the game otherwise seems solid and the game is really fun to play (so while I can't forgive the glitches, I can at least live with them). The game is a really nice mix of puzzles, platforming and action. I've got the game for the PS4 but I've already made it further in the game compared to my PS4 playthrough! Trophy wise it looks like its going to be a toughy to do, as there are several tough sounding challenges. But assuming the game isn't crazy long in length I'll give it a shot.

18. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Playing lots of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus at the moment, just working my way through the 4th squad, great game, love it love it!

Almost finished with Soldner X Prototype, nice fun arcade style shoot em up.

I spent most of last weekend playing Japanese import of Uppers, it's good fun, I just wish I could understand what's going on.

19. Flying_Pig

Yeah, I have quite a few issues with Oddworld when I played it (digital copy), with a few crashes etc. What's worse is my save game got corrupted, so I lost about 3-4 hours of playtime, so elected to re-start. I was fine the second time around, but the game seems far from solid on the Vita.

Still, it's a cracking game and I really enjoyed playing it :)

20. shadowman

Yeah, your experiences are the reason I'm backing up my saves periodically, just to be on the safe side! As you say, the game is excellent which is the reason why I carry on with the title with such interest, when its not having issues (and to be fair, it only had a couple of hiccups) its great.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  21. Flying_Pig

I managed to get through the Queen boss fight over the weekend (it definitely seens like a difficulty spike) and am now into the final 3rd of the game. I grabbed 'The Outsider' DLC too, which is interwoven in with the main story, so I've not really seen much additional content so far...

22. willow514

willow514 Well-Known Member

I played Axiom Verge when it first came out on PS4 but due to a Destiny addiction I only got a couple hours in. Anyway, I finally started playing Axiom Verge on the Vita a couple weeks ago and wow is that an phenomenal game. It takes me back to when I was a kid playing platformers on my NES, Sega, etc. And it may just be my love of 8/16/32bit games but Axiom just looks beautiful on the smaller Vita screen.

23. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Since I'm mostly playing in my spare time, I'm currently jumping between Crimsonland & PocketRPG for quick gaming fixes.

24. shadowman

Completed the second chapter in Time Travellers. The story is coming along nicely, and one question has already been sorta answered that was confusing the heck out of me. The mix of characters are great - you've got a few that are played as the serious protagonists in the game, with one that is the comic relief (weirdly, its his story I'm most interested in seeing where it goes), with another that is sorta in the middle.

I've also made nice progress on Oddworld, almost finished the second temple, loving the nice variety of this game in terms of its platforming/puzzles - the mix is just right, with it mostly being platforming with the odd part which forces you to use your brain! Can't wait to see where I go next...

Flying_Pig likes this.
  25. Flying_Pig

I finished Steamworld Heist this morning :)

The final boss fight was relatively easy compared with the previous (Queen) one, but really required you to maximise the different skills of your crew members. I'm heading back in to get all of the stars and level up all of my characters to lvl10.

Then it'll be back to P4G (although I am eying up Axiom Verge and Lumo in the PSN sale...)