Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. CrystalFlash

CrystalFlash Member

Im currently working my way through Legend of heroes: Trails of Cold steel, really enjoying it. But im in the same boat joecool with Persona, Ill pick it up and play for a few hours every other day, but I never commit enough time to really progress despite how much I like the game.

APA and VitaForever like this.
  2. Retro Rider

Retro Rider Member

I've been playing Lego Jurassic World for a few weeks now, will be an easy platinum. Other than that A Boy and His Blob and Mutant Blobs Attack... so two blob games. I've been playing them really slowly though, one level and I kind of have enough.

3. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

That's what I did as well.
    It's just another game I've dropped this year... I think I never dropped a game before this year, just Unit 13, yet since January I've dropped:

Grim Fandango
    Lone Survivor
    Nova 111
    Ultratron
    Lemmings Touch

the first 3 just weren't my genre, I was trying to play them regardless but only got about halfway through in every one of them. As for Ultratron, I have given up on the final boss, it's just so hard to play as it's way too busy...

I remember ABAHB being a bit boring. Mutant Blobs Attack was an absolute blast, though.

4. rulesoferick

rulesoferick New Member

5. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    APA likes this.
  6. AtheistSpaz

AtheistSpaz Active Member

Digimon Story Cyber Slueth

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

APA and Darkknezz like this.
  7. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

I've been playing Grim Fandango Remastered, great game but are the solution to the puzzles that convoluted or am I just dumb?

VINNIE GANESH likes this.
  8. VINNIE GANESH

VINNIE GANESH Well-Known Member

The solutions are very convoluted. You have to keep using every item to find a solution. It's not very obvious. I thought Day of the Tentacle was better with respect to the puzzles. But the story of GFR is better.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  9. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I gave up on the puzzles and resorted to a guide. Chapter 1 was ok but a bit tricky, part 2 took the piss with the huge areas and confusing puzzles. I still need to finish the last two chapters... I love the characters and story but damn the puzzles ruin the game for me, some of them I'd never have guessed without a guide.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  10. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Now I feel no shame for looking at a guide, some of these solutions are things I would've never considered doing at all, the story is brilliant so I'll keep going.

11. shadowman

So I gave Ultratron a try and its not bad. Its not great either, so its ok as a freebie but can't see me paying much for it outside of a LRG release. Its Robotron 2084 at heart, just not as good, or as graphically clear - as its hard to make out enemies at times... The trophies are kinda fun to chase though, they are just about the right side of challenging to keep me glued to my Vita.

12. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought the background color choice was so odd at times. Decent lil time waster when i got it bundled with titan attack for cheap tho.

13. shadowman

I managed to get into my groove with the game now. I focused on the primary weapon while I tried to get a couple of trophies and I'm rather powerful now! Hopefully I can get the last trophy to 100% this game.

14. Angeru

Angeru Active Member

Playing Nihilumbra now and void mode is driving me crazy for that last trophy. Jumping on Closure next, dropped Demon Gaze because i got tired from dying.

15. willow514

willow514 Well-Known Member

Going back and cleaning up some games I didn't complete. Currently working on LEGO Jurassic World.

16. shadowman

My major issue with Void mode was how story mode never really prepared you for the difficulty hike, it felt more like a tutorial than anything (and a bad tutorial at that). That said, when you do get used to it, void mode is where the game shines in my opinion, sometimes unfair, but often fairly clever and fun... I definitely enjoyed that mode more than the main story that's for sure.

Angeru likes this.
  17. Angeru

Angeru Active Member

Yea, you're right. I'm on the volcano part right now.

18. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

I've skipped Void mode altogether as I wasn't enjoying the main game all that much.
    This makes it sound like it's very similar to Sound Shapes Death mode, which is probably the best part of the game gameplay-wise imo

19. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

After 1 year I started to play Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 again.

Jeez, I forgot the cutscenes where so horrible... luckly the game looks OK.

20. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished SC (what a fantastic game that was!), starting Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

21. shadowman

With Ultratron completed I've moved back to Time Travellers, which isn't really answering many questions at the moment. Instead its just asking a ton more. Thankfully the story and characters are really endearing and I can't wait to see where things go next.

Sound Shapes still had a decent "campaign" mode, well, I at least really enjoyed a couple of the albums in the game and replayed them more than once, while Death Mode was a good idea on paper, but was badly executed as it was possible for to few collectables to spawn quick enough (or close enough) to you which put the levels into unwinnable states. That kind of annoyed me when it took me several tries to clear some stages and it wasn't my lack of skill that was to blame, but rather bad randomisation on the games part. I still really enjoyed that mode though, it was damn satisfying when you cleared some of those later levels. I just wish the DLC trophies were album or death mode related rather than the beat studio stuff which I did not like at all.
    That's just my opinion on SS though, having gotten the platinum on both my PS4 and Vita profiles.

22. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Played OlliOlli 2 and got the Platinum which is really rare :D But it only was a bit harder than the first One. Enjoyed both of em really much, hope there will be a Third one, can absolutly recommend OlliOlli.

Now im playing One Piece Burning Blood. Pretty good Beat em Up. From the Fighting Style i would compare it with J Stars. I Love the One Piece Anime and also the Games. This one is pretty good too.
    Finished the Story Mode and doing now the Wanted Posters :D

23. shadowman

I really need to get back to Olli Olli 2 and finish the remaining difficulty trophies I'm short. I completed most of the game already, and all the normal challenges, and I think I've cleared the game on hard and just have a few challenges left there to complete? Its an ace game, I'm just waiting for a point where I have enough time to devote entirely to the game, as I'll need my maximum concentration for some of those later levels!

24. shadowman

Been playing lots more Pinball Arcade this afternoon as I picked up the first bundle. I've been loving the Harley Davidson table, its just very addictive to play and the bonuses are just easy enough to get that I can play on the table for quite a while. Plus the little video mini game you can play (evading cars) is an awesome little touch. I love the instrumental version of Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild" that accompanies the table.
    The Taxi table is pretty fun as well, much harder than the Harley course though! I've managed to clear all the standard goals on both tables, and actually managed to clear a couple of the wizard goals as well on Harley.

25. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Axiom Verge and Alone With You. To be honest, as good as AV is, Alone With You is taking up most of my time :)