Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying suikoden (ps1 classic) at the moment. Just when it started feeling a bit samey, it introduced those battles, which are quite fun

I don't have nostalgia for this game, but surprised how much I am enjoying it despite it being a bit aged

The lack of a speech log to re-cap and no map function has caught me out a few times though. Not knowing where the hell i am going

2. TheCyclingWolf

TheCyclingWolf Member

Just started The Walking Dead S1, and continuing with my new game plus of the LEGEND, that is Persona 4 Golden!!!!!

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Spent more time playing Pinball Arcade today. Spent tons of time on the Monster Bash table, its not too complex in terms of objectives, but the last standard objective was just a long pain in the ass trial to complete. Doubt I'll be able to manage to pull off that feat again for a while! The Genie table was also pretty tricky to max out the multiplier on, but that's more to do with having to max it out with only one ball, where as you have multiple balls to complete the Monster Bash challenge. I'm now sold on grabbing more tables (once I've at least cleared the normal challenges on all the ones I have) as the game is just so much fun. I've never been a pinball fan until now, but this game has managed to sell me on the medium.

I've also put more time into Time Travellers. I'm nearing the end of the story now, and the plot has taken some significant twists, a few of which are fairly sad :( I'm really looking forward to seeing how the game will tie up a couple of ongoing plot threads, as I'm still unclear on why there is 5 of one character, and how every character seems to have jumped 18? years into the future with no memory of their previous life.

4. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Do you speak/read Japanese or was it translated? I always wanted to play to play it. I saw a few translations before that seemed incomplete.

5. shadowman

There is a translation guide on Youtube that covers the whole game which I've been using as an accompanying guide since it can get pretty confusing.convoluted at times but I've found it fairly easy to follow (some of its story beats are pretty predictable).

Its a pity that Level 5 never brought the game over, as in terms of story led games its pretty darn good. The cast is great and likeable and the story itself has dug its hooks into me. Much better than the story to Ray Gigant for example (that had a ok story let down by an atrocious cast of main characters, bad dialogue as well). Its a real pity that it remains a Japan only game :(

6. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X, because of that I have to charge my Vita for the 3rd time in 24h :p

The_stats_guy likes this.
  7. willow514

willow514 Well-Known Member

Starting to play Alone with You.

8. The_stats_guy

Any good?

9. willow514

willow514 Well-Known Member

I am only about 10 mins in lol. Haven't had a good sit down and play time yet. But so far so good. :D

The_stats_guy likes this.
  10. The_stats_guy

Let me know. I've been eyeing that for a while

11. spritesnbytes

spritesnbytes Well-Known Member

At the moment I have been playing a total of 4 different games. Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair has been my main choice due to wanting the platinum trophy. The other three are Deemo, Sly Cooper Trilogy and Taiko No Tatsujin V Version.

12. shadowman

I'm still unable to put down Pinball Arcade on my Vita. Its become my go to pick up and play game and has been a life saver this past week. By luck I've managed to complete all the Wizard goals on the Gorgar table, which was actually not too hard (well, not as hard as other tables wizard goals). I've given up on Funhouse for now, I'm one standard goal short of a trophy but its legitimately harder than anything Gorgar throws at you (yeah, the difficulty of the challenges varies drastically from table to table). I've been playing the Cirque Voltaire table which I love quite a bit - its a nice varied table with tons of challenges present, presented really well. Today though I've been focusing on the Gofers table which is golf themed (with two mischievous Gofers up to no good). Again, just like previous tables its designed really well with a few nice quirky challenges to it.

I'm now sold on the rest of the tables - this has easily been one of the best purchases I've made on the system in ages. Wish all the tables had trophies attached to them but the games are so fun that I can overlook that omission. Definitely give this game a try if you want a great arcadey title to play on the go.

13. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I got my second ending on Alone with You this morning - I've really enjoyed the game itself, but will leave it for a but before I try and get the next 4 endings!

I've also been playing the brilliant Axiom Verge. I think I'm about half way through and despite a fair but of aimless wondering as I uncover more and more of the map, I am really enjoying it - certainly the bext metroidvania game I've played in ages!

14. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Axiom Verge really is the best form of flattery. I love it.

*note I'm referring to the phrase Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Flying_Pig and willow514 like this.
  15. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Especially when the franchise that's being flattered is forgotten by the parent company.

16. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Love it love it love it , I cannot stop playing the cheap little bugger......Downwell, just hits soooo many right buttons with me and don't tell me about tate mode ;)
    Now someone port over the Cave games and I'll be in tate mode heaven :)

17. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

After finishing the four schools of shinovi versus, I'm 30 hours into ar nosurge plus. What a strange ride that has been so far....

18. shadowman

Finally made some decent progress on Time Travellers. The penultimate chapter ditches the established format of the game and instead of you watching a scene of one character and then jumping to a scene with another character along a pre determined route you have free reign over the order you tackle the stories in this chapter. Problem is, the story still unfolds in a certain order, so if you happen to choose the wrong character first you can be stuck in a loop as you try and figure out which character you made the wrong choice on which ultimately doomed your other character. Its annoying as its very unclear, I preferred the linear nature of the way chapters 1-4 were handled. Hopefully the final chapter goes back to the way the earlier chapters were handled.
    On the upside - the story in this chapter was excellent, so at least it was worth all that hassle!

I also made progress in Pinball Arcade. I just managed to clear the 1 million score challenge on the Black Knight table. Its a pain to do as I had seriously problems lasting long on the table, and could never really get that many big point bonuses on the table, It was mainly just getting very lucky with the multi ball bonuses that did it for me in the end I believe.

19. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

recently finished Uppers and SK Shinovi Versus (loved them both, great fun!).

Had a week off work so I made a start on Trails Of Cold Steel and now at end of Chapter 2, I'm hooked!

20. Flying_Pig

Axiom Verge is really tough now - it almost feels like a dash between save points - but I did defeat another boss this morning, so I am making progress :)

21. Nowatsky

Nowatsky New Member

Currently I'm struggling to get through Danganronpa 2. I find it way too similar to the first one which is kinda disappointing since I came in with quite high expectations. Some of the characteres seem to be so similar to the ones from original it made me check if it's some kind of parallel universe lol.

My never ending story is getting platinum in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which i love and find perfectly suited for Vita despite having it on PS4 and PC (yeah, I'm quite obssesed over it). It's so sad that Vita won't be getting the Afterbirth update. Moreover I'm going to plat LEGO LOTR, just have to get some rest from LEGO games since lately I plat'd Force Awakens on PS4 and I found Vita's LOTR a lil bit boring.

22. Flying_Pig

Hmph - I'm stuck on Axion Verge. I just cannot beat the wasp-type boss. I (think I) know what I need to do, but just can't seem to survive long enough to kill him :(

23. Andreas Stalin

Done with ar nosurge plus, interesting game and concept but it got a little long winding towards the end. Starting Tearaway.

24. Andreas Stalin

Finished Tearaway in one sitting, more of an experience than a game. Some sections of it were pretty awesome. Didn't actually think it would be a 3D platformer when I started it but that was what it was most similar too. Gonna start Lone Survivor next.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  25. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

I've been playing IA/VT Colorful, replaying the songs that I like and trying to get S or better scores on hard. Just started Dungeon Travelers 2 just now, it looks promising!